Craig Brown Statement

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said this all through his tenure. . . .

Craig brown was a short term appointment with a short term outlook. The results were great (by and large) although I still think we diddled ourself in at least three of our home games this year.

The football particularly at home was tough watching.

Motherwell need a manager with an eye on the medium to long term though and the lack of game time for fringe players and young players was beginning to get on my wick.

I'm not sad to see him go.

He did brilliantly on one narrow field of football management and that was chasing the result on any given saturday and getting a great response from some (almost all of his core first team). but managing Motherwell has to be about that and so much more.

Craig and Knox were never doing it for me I'm afraid.

Woke up to the news.

We have been shafted. Craig Brown has really made a bit of a fool of himself. He has shown very publicly that he is not a man of his word. He has also shown that his footballing judgement is suspect by choosing Aberdeen over us.

I think John Boyle has been a very good chairman since the period of administration however I now look to him and ask "Why have two successive managerial teams been allowed to manage our club without anything legally binding?"

In my opinion it worked in our favour with regards Gannon but this certainly does not. I had no doubts whatsoever that under Brown we would have finished Top Six. Now our Top Six finish is at the mercy of whatever managerial appointment we make. There are probably eight teams challenging for the Top Six this season and we could easily slip down if we make the wrong one.

The number of managers that have been going through the club recently is unacceptable. It is to the detriment of the club and we will suffer in the long run if we do not find some managerial stability. Four managers in 4 and a half seasons is poor, very very poor.

What a pair of old c0cksuckers these two are.

As for the John Boyle, indeed, questions should be asked about his leadership.

In business John, we have these things called contracts, people sign them when they are COMMITTED to something, please try and get someone to actually sign something before taking over management of our football club.

As for Hod It and Dod It, these two pricks are perfect for Aberdoom.

It's called integrity Craig Brown and you sir, have just pissed yours away, all over yourself.

A very silly old man. His conduct of late has been absolutely appalling and he has only served to prove that there is no such thing as loyalty in football. I only hope he isn't planning to set foot in Lanarkshire ever again as he has burned his bridges in spectacular fashion.

The only funny aspect of all this is that Brown was made to look a genius because he inherited a squad of hard working, honest players with a fair degree of ability which he was able to harness. Can the same be said for the Aberdeen squad? Rory McArdel, Jeren Ifil, etc.?

It must also be said that the board have to take a fair amount of criticism for the amateurish way that we have dealt with CB and AK's contracts (or lack thereof). Had they been on decent deals requiring compo to be paid then it may have been the case that the skint Aberdeen board would've looked elsewhere?

All that remains is to wish Two Face and his mouthpiece every misfortune for the future. Won't be long till he's pishing his nappy in some nursing home anyway. Fuck both of you you dishonest old pricks.

MON THE WELL!!!!

The Aberdeen fans are convinced he'll install loyalty into the players up there. Well, they have been living deluded lives for 27 years now so no doubt completely believe that.

It must also be said that the board have to take a fair amount of criticism for the amateurish way that we have dealt with CB and AK's contracts (or lack thereof). Had they been on decent deals requiring compo to be paid then it may have been the case that the skint Aberdeen board would've looked elsewhere?

All well and good to say that but what if they were offered a contract on several occasions but turned it down?

It's becoming a theme though. There's obviously some sort of 'problem' in this department.

Aye if we had the old codgers on a contract then Aberdeen would not have them up there right now.

As a club we just move on. We have good enough players - its just about getting the best out of them.

It's becoming a theme though. There's obviously some sort of 'problem' in this department.

Possibly, although we don't necessarily know the full details of the situations behind both. And out of the last 2 managers, we've been shafted by one but the other one's lack of a contract actually worked in the club's favour.

But I take your point. We really need to make sure that we get someone who will sign a contract guaranteeing the club compensation should Aberdeen deem it time for a managerial regime change.

Perhaps we should have a red batphone in JB's office that Stewart Milne can use whenever he wants to change his management team?

All well and good to say that but what if they were offered a contract on several occasions but turned it down?

Agree 100% tony, I thought that they had been offered contracts but said they would rather work without them and I don't think that many on here have been shouting for the board to get them to sign. We've all been quite happy to let thing be so we can't shout about it now.

Can't see many Motherwell players following him up north, Reynolds can make more money down in england, most of the squad are on long(ish) contracts so I dont believe Aberdeen will be able to afford them and Blackman would be turning a 3 hour drive home into a 6 hours plus slog. So that leaves only Gow available. My concern is any players he may have been lining up to come on load in Jan.

Possibly, although we don't necessarily know the full details of the situations behind both. And out of the last 2 managers, we've been shafted by one but the other one's lack of a contract actually worked in the club's favour.

But I take your point. We really need to make sure that we get someone who will sign a contract guaranteeing the club compensation should Aberdeen deem it time for a managerial regime change.

Perhaps we should have a red batphone in JB's office that Stewart Milne can use whenever he wants to change his management team?

Disagree :)

I think John Boyle put a hell of a lot of trust in Brown and took him for his word with this "gentleman's agreement".

Not going into the rights & wrongs of doing so / not doing so but I think Boyle will be seriously scabbing about this one. The official statement with the loyalty dig probably hints at that.

I'd be shocked if our next appointment isn't tie up into a very good contract. Although knowing our luck he'll be utter shite and cost us a fortune to punt!

It'll be interesting to see if Brown has another "gentleman's agreement" at Aberdeen. I think he'll be made to sign a contract with Milne knowing this guy's word isn't worth shit.

On second thoughts, Brown & Knox are history - don't give a flying fuck what they get up to from now on.

I think the contract situation suited all parties.

Broon

always wanted the door left open for a move while Boyle always seen this as a short term appointment.

Boyle knows what he is doing here.

I remember Broon in an interview being asked about working at Motherwell with no contract, his answer was that Walter Smith was working at Rangers without a contract because he was a Rangers man, and that he[broon] didn't need one because he was a MOTHERWELL MAN , or words to that effect.

I hope Aberdeen get relegated now. Craig Broon will need a lot to turn that team around. They are hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. Infact, i would go as far as to say having watched Aberdeen play this season they are the worst set of Premier League players that i have witnessed in my memory.

It would take a fortune to turn that team around, mentality wise it would take a lifetime to turn around Aberdeen. Time Craig Broon just doesn't have.

One for the Conspiracy Theorists : Has broony been Influenced into taking the job by our now famously corrupt SFA/SPL who do not want a 'big club' going bust through relegation?? :evilgrin:

I remember Broon in an interview being asked about working at Motherwell with no contract, his answer was that Walter Smith was working at Rangers without a contract because he was a Rangers man, and that he[broon] didn't need one because he was a MOTHERWELL MAN , or words to that effect.

Yeah i also recall that.

Oh well, its just going to be even more entertaining watching Aberdeen get pumped

week in week out.