Craig Brown Statement

Guest 'Flow

Some of the shite on here is cringeworthy, the Aberdeen fans are clearly convinced that Brown will be allowed to just waltz back into Fir Park and take his pick of whoever he wants, including Craggs. If you thought they were just merely as deluded as Brown, think again.......

Welcome to the Moon

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just don't get that they don't have the money or the draw that they did all those moons ago. I doubt any of our players would be interested in moving up to Aberdeen, especially not our captain. Besides, any player that would command a fee (of any sort) is out of Aberdeen's price range.

They just don't get that they don't have the money or the draw that they did all those moons ago. I doubt any of our players would be interested in moving up to Aberdeen, especially not our captain. Besides, any player that would command a fee (of any sort) is out of Aberdeen's price range.

Anything could happen. After the last week I don't think you can say this.

Buying new players on the "Never Never" tic account was suited to the ITV digital era. We've been burned and burned others so the senior management have now moved forward and employ prudent and responsible funding of our club.

Aberdeen and Hearts are in a bad position with universal falling attendances, lack of TV interest and servicing their debt.

If Brown is given extra money then it will be through Milne ignoring the mounting debt they have, effectively a mortgage break type scenario.

The new Dons boss said: "I don't know what reception I'll get, but I will be disappointed if there IS resentment from the Motherwell fans.

"We gave everything we had to the club and I believe we did a good job in our time there.

"We have left Motherwell in a very strong position. It would be wrong if fans were to hold a grudge.

"What would the fans do in our position?

"A bigger employer has come along with a bigger job offer and even they must see the bigger potential.

"I know some of them are disappointed, but I hope they are appreciative of what we did in our time at the club. I have nothing but respect for the chairman, the staff and the players.

"The fans were also terrific and I hope we can continue to enjoy a positive relationship."

Hmmmmm

Anything could happen. After the last week I don't think you can say this.

I know and I was one of the ones who was convinced that Brown would do the honourable thing but Craggs absolutely loves this club. You can see how much every win means to him and (I remember saying this about CB only last week) I don't see him wanting to move.

Besides, they would have to at least wait until the summer for him as I can't see Aberdeen paying money for someone who's only got a year or so left in them. If they did somehow get the cash, I'm sure JB wouldn't accept anything less than enough to bring in an able replacement.

Hmmmmm

What a wee rat-bastard. Who is he to tell us that it would be wrong for us to hold a grudge? The arrogance of the two-faced wee prick is actually unbelievable.

Yes Craig, I would take a bigger and better job if I was offered it. But I wouldn't spend the days proceeding it absolutely fucking over my current employers, bullshitting the regular customers, and generally just being a lying, two-faced c**t about it.

The only thing worse than a wee scummy arsehole is a wee scummy arsehole who tries to pretend he's a nice guy.

As for Aberdeen signing any of our players - Gow & Blackman, possibly. Any others? Not a chance.

Bring these bawbags on next week.

What a wee rat-bastard. Who is he to tell us that it would be wrong for us to hold a grudge? The arrogance of the two-faced wee prick is actually unbelievable.

Yes Craig, I would take a bigger and better job if I was offered it. But I wouldn't spend the days proceeding it absolutely fucking over my current employers, bullshitting the regular customers, and generally just being a lying, two-faced c**t about it.

The only thing worse than a wee scummy arsehole is a wee scummy arsehole who tries to pretend he's a nice guy.

As for Aberdeen signing any of our players - Gow & Blackman, possibly. Any others? Not a chance.

Bring these bawbags on next week.

100% agree.

Sadly, I doubt the game will be on next week as more snow is forecast from Thursday.

Blackman isn't ours to sell Jay

Oh aye, obviously - I said on this thread, or one of the others, last week that we may have been losing Blackman in January anyway. As for Gow, well I remain to be convinced that losing him would be any great loss.

At the end of the day, this is just deja-vu from when McGhee left. There were delusion idiots on Aberdeen forums combined with panic-stricken folk on here talking about how Aberdeen were going to be signing X, Y and Z. Wasn't McGhee going to take Clarkson, Craigain and Reynolds with him? Christ, wasn't there even chat that we was going to get Klimpl in as well!? :notworthy:

They might sign Gow and get Blackman on loan. But then we might have lost both anyway whether Brown & Knox left or not.

Oh aye, obviously - I said on this thread, or one of the others, last week that we may have been losing Blackman in January anyway. As for Gow, well I remain to be convinced that losing him would be any great loss.

At the end of the day, this is just deja-vu from when McGhee left. There were delusion idiots on Aberdeen forums combined with panic-stricken folk on here talking about how Aberdeen were going to be signing X, Y and Z. Wasn't McGhee going to take Clarkson, Craigain and Reynolds with him? Christ, wasn't there even chat that we was going to get Klimpl in as well!? :notworthy:

They might sign Gow and get Blackman on loan. But then we might have lost both anyway whether Brown & Knox left or not.

Correct Jay. I had a couple of Dons supporting team mates in my amateur team, they made this very claim, heralded the new era, and the returning messiah Mark McGhee. That turned out well. The fact is they still sit joint bottom on ten points. They have yet to gain anything tangible in the relegation battle, lets see how many Hearts put by the c**ts today.

Exactly. If he had just come out and said something along the lines of how Motherwell had rekindled his appetite for the game, how grateful he was for that, and an opportunity has come up that he never envisioned that he'd like to take a shot at before he retires etc. he would have been golden.

A number of fans, including myself, aren't too disappointed to see him go. Just annoyed at the way he dealt with it. A bit like the difference between the Faddy and Pearo exits.

I echo what most folk have been saying, in a matter of a day, has went from hero to zero.

Even thought he may not have had a written contract, it wasnt that long ago that he said

"We've committed for the next 18 months at Motherwell, thats pleasing for us and the club."

BBC Website, 4th Feb 2010.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ell/8497650.stm

C'mon Hearts, pump 10 past the Don's this afternoon :notworthy:

Claims players were sending him text messages saying thanks for all he'd done and wishing him well. He shat on them as much as the fans by his comments after the first "approach", can't believe what Brown is saying.