Craig Brown Statement

Guest 'Flow

quick extract from the bbc news report from HERE

How the hell did C.B. KNOW that aberdeen wanted to speak to him? AberMuttonMollestorsDeen must have spoken to him to tell him they were interested without speaking to the club themselves.

the long and short of it is that CB should have had NO contact from AFC in any shape or form without MFC condoning it in the first place. Clearly, by Milne's own statement, that never happened.

Bunch of Fuds.

Because Brown and Knox's agents contacted Aberdeen last week, as Aberdeen state on their website.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20101210/don...2212158_2241525

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be the same agents that apparently he does not have! you know what we could pick holes in everything the fecker has said. But you know what, we all know he's a lying twat, and that is all that matters.

Aye, it just proves what a load of staged shite the big pretense of knocking back the first offer was.

He'd told them to ask twice so it looked like it was a strain to leave Motherwell, but him and Knox were going to accept all along. Wee. Lying. Bastard.

Just came across this gem...........................

"..................And Brown admits one of his first priorities will be to persuade stars like O'Brien to follow suit.

He confirmed the club had made the winger an improved offer as they staved off interest from Aberdeen on transfer deadline day.Brown reckons if O'Brien stays in Scotland for one more season he can follow the James McFadden route to the Premiership.

He said: "Myself and Archie have agreed to stay on at Motherwell until the end of next season.

Rarity "We are delighted to do that and one of the main reasons was that the players were asking us about our own futures in relation to committing theirs to the club.

"We rate all the players at this club. We have made Jim an improved offer and were pleased to hold on to him during this window.

"We will discuss the deal in greater detail with Jim and his agent. We hope Jim commits himself here as we are trying to build for next season.

"His next move in my opinion will be a James McFadden type switch to a big club in England, not a sideways move in Scotland."If Jim stays and gets another year experience in the SPL he will find the big clubs in England will want him."

:lol:

Just came across this gem...........................

"..................And Brown admits one of his first priorities will be to persuade stars like O'Brien to follow suit.

He confirmed the club had made the winger an improved offer as they staved off interest from Aberdeen on transfer deadline day.Brown reckons if O'Brien stays in Scotland for one more season he can follow the James McFadden route to the Premiership.

He said: "Myself and Archie have agreed to stay on at Motherwell until the end of next season.

Rarity "We are delighted to do that and one of the main reasons was that the players were asking us about our own futures in relation to committing theirs to the club.

"We rate all the players at this club. We have made Jim an improved offer and were pleased to hold on to him during this window.

"We will discuss the deal in greater detail with Jim and his agent. We hope Jim commits himself here as we are trying to build for next season.

"His next move in my opinion will be a James McFadden type switch to a big club in England, not a sideways move in Scotland."If Jim stays and gets another year experience in the SPL he will find the big clubs in England will want him."

:lol:

good observation ,...... must be his age ... eh just talks constant pish!!!

Broon was just on Sky there, had this to say..........

If anyone accuses me of lack of honour or integrity I will immediately take issue with that. Immediately, because….I would contend, contend that that is nonsense. And really I am allowed to change my mind, I think that is what you are talking about. And I changed my mind. And I’ve got to say to you that the statement from Motherwell Football Club had never at anytime indicted me or Archie. They have thanked us, they have been complimentary. And I read it carefully, because had there been anything which had implied there had been a lack of integrity I’d have been quite eh annoyed about that..very incensed aboot it quite honestly because that would have been unfair. But to the credit of Motherwell they never said one word which was eh I would say insulting or derogatory about Archie or about me.

I must admit I'm growing increasingly weary of his pain and angst at the decision, realignment of positions and attempts at justification from Brown and Aberdeen.

Fact is he's gone and with each passing day I care less and less about what he has to say.

Pretty sad for someone I had the utmost respect for up until a few days ago but fuck him, he's made his bed and all that.

If he's on the telly when I get in tonight, he'll get muted.

That said I do hope the club continue to push Aberdeen and the SPL for whatever gain we get from the situation but in contrast to the daily squirming from the north I like the fact we've stated our case and quietly held our counsel since. Says to me that we are confident of our position whilst Aberdeen continue to give us a slightly different slant every day they are asked.

FFS some on here need to get over themselves, Craig has gone, he got a better offer and took it, whether we like it or not Aberdeen are a bigger club than us. I don't think either party come out of this episode looking too clever, but this pish of trawling through every word he utters to see if you can find any lies is laughable.

Very few on here if offered a bigger and better job would knock it back due some supposed sense of loyalty, but because Craig did, its the crime of the century.

FFS some on here need to get over themselves, Craig has gone, he got a better offer and took it, whether we like it or not Aberdeen are a bigger club than us. I don't think either party come out of this episode looking too clever, but this pish of trawling through every word he utters to see if you can find any lies is laughable.

Very few on here if offered a bigger and better job would knock it back due some supposed sense of loyalty, but because Craig did, its the crime of the century.

I agree about not caring what he says any more. However, I don't think anyone is saying he shouldn't have taken a 'better' job. Only that he didn't need to consistently lie to the fans and, it appears, the board, until the last second.

I agree about not caring what he says any more. However, I don't think anyone is saying he shouldn't have taken a 'better' job. Only that he didn't need to consistently lie to the fans and, it appears, the board, until the last second.

Well, until we know all the facts from both sides (which i doubt we will) it's difficult to know what is and isn't the truth, but it does not seem to stop the hysteria on this and other sites.

Well, until we know all the facts from both sides (which i doubt we will) it's difficult to know what is and isn't the truth, but it does not seem to stop the hysteria on this and other sites.
We know what he said on Tuesday as it was it was broadcast in an interview on the Beeb. His quotes are also well documented about Motherwell being is last job in football (although that may still be the case :D), and how he was here for 18 months etc.

I'm with you, though. I really don't care. Let the board take care of any legalities they think necessary and let the fans focus on the team's performances.

To be honest I was not keen on him being at FP in the first place, when he took over last year I was in South Africa and thought a friend was taking the piss when he text me that Gannon was gone and Brown was in. It amazes me that 11 months on I am disappointed that he has gone but only because of the way it has happened and not because we have lost a fabulous manager. He will finish his career going the way of all the other idiots who have taken on the poisoned chalice of replacing Fergie while the 'Well will replace him and carry on in our own inimitable style by humping the sheepies on saturday in their own midden. :D

I think the Motherwell fans have the right to pissed off, angry and upset about what Brown and Knox have done and the way they've gone about it. No-one is denying Aberdeen are potentially a bigger club, but that's not what's pissing people off!

Sadly as always the vast majority of the media aren't even remotely interested in our side of the story (like our grievancies with McGhee when he left) and will rarely be aired as they are completely unwilling to look at the facts surrounding this farce and we're just going to be portrayed as bitter by anyone dreaming of criticising this "gentleman".

The sports commentators have been queuing up to defend Brown and stick the boot into Motherwell.

• 2 months later...

Right on cue....Broon tells us just how much he respects us....

CRAIG BROWN is hoping to avoid an angry backlash when Aberdeen host his old club Motherwell tonight.

The Dons gaffer and No 2 Archie Knox quit Fir Park at the end of last year, sparking fury among the Lanarkshire faithful.

But Brown said: "I would be disappointed if there was any animosity from the Motherwell side as there certainly is none from me.

"I know that people there were disappointed about what happened but without wanting to sound bigheaded our record was the best in terms of percentage wins in the 12 years John Boyle has been at Fir Park.

"The fans may be influenced by the fact that we walked out but we didn't break a contract, we were free to go.

"We did leave with great reluctance because we got on great with the supporters and the players in the dressing room.

"It's a smashing club and I really do have a great deal of affection for Motherwell given the times I spent there.

"It will be an awkward feeling playing against them for the first time as Aberdeen manager as you don't like to beat them. But you have to try to do what we can."

There's no doubt Well have missed Brown and Knox as they have taken just five points from the ten SPL matches played since they left.

A win tonight moves the Dons to within two points of Motherwell with a game in hand.

But Brown is playing down the significance of that and the Fir Park side's 6-0 hammering at Ibrox on Saturday.

He added: "If they had done well against Rangers they might have been a bit complacent, but there will be no complacency when they face us.

"I'm not thinking about overhauling them in the table as my sights are on escaping the threat of the bottom of the SPL."