Stv Vintage

AndyRoss

Claret and amber has been completely bastardised by Motherwell over the years, to be fair. I like the shades that we play in just now but I strongly doubt the Dulux colour chart would have them down as claret and amber. I bought the 1991 cup-winning retro strip the other week and was surprised to see just how orange it was!

Frazzle

Claret and amber has been completely bastardised by Motherwell over the years, to be fair. I like the shades that we play in just now but I strongly doubt the Dulux colour chart would have them down as claret and amber. I bought the 1991 cup-winning retro strip the other week and was surprised to see just how orange it was!

Frazzle

I agree we should have stuck to that Canary Yellow colour of 76' :blush:

I get what your saying, Think the 'amber' in todays kits is much better but the 'claret' is just a few shades too dark.

Was at that game with a cousin up from England,remember going 'mental' when Pettigrew scored the second and him trying to calm me down as there were gers fans next to us in the old enclosure in front of the main stand . Great memories of old Fir Park and of one of Well's best ever teams in my opinion. :blush:

I remember doing the same thing when we beat Shellic 2-1 in the game McClair got his double. Stood right behind the goals at the South Stand end surrounded by Shellic fans and was the only Motherwell fan in sight - got many grumbles of abuse when the first went in. Wasn't so bad in the 89th minute, there weren't too many of them left at that point!

Jeez!! Great to see this again. I was at this game with my brother - in the old enclosure in front of the Main Stand.

IMO this is the best 'Well side I have seen at FP.

Great quality and terrific to see all the 'old' players again. What a first goal set up by Vic Davidson. Now that's what a midfielder should be like. He was pure class.

WP doing what came really naturally to him scoring great goals. Like a whippet and when he got a glimpse of the white of the goals he wouldn't stop to think - just shoot.

This is the later in the same year that Rangers robbed us of a Scottish Cup final against Hearts when we lost 3-2 at Hampden in the March after being 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go. Still hurts even after all this time. :blush:

What an amazing find ! Cheers !!

That was my first ever game against Rangers.........remember going feckin' wild at that third goal with tears of joy streamin' doon ma face !! Magic......magic........

Vic Davidson was some player mind......one of my favourites of all time (as per the other thread).

IMO this is the best 'Well side I have seen at FP.......................This is the later in the same year that Rangers robbed us of a Scottish Cup final against Hearts when we lost 3-2 at Hampden in the March after being 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go. Still hurts even after all this time. :D

Echo those thoughts. Great MFC team then, sadly no silverware though.

Only down side ......... me with long hair then :P