Stv Vintage

AndyRoss

Claret and amber has been completely bastardised by Motherwell over the years, to be fair. I like the shades that we play in just now but I strongly doubt the Dulux colour chart would have them down as claret and amber. I bought the 1991 cup-winning retro strip the other week and was surprised to see just how orange it was!

Frazzle

The sad thing is we have lost "THE HOOP", imho all well strips should have the hoop and white shorts, dont care what shade, amber with a claret hoop !

BRING BACK THE HOOP !

thought we played in claret and amber no canary yellow!

IMHO the worst colour offender was this Adidas effort from seasons 1979-82. To say I was shocked at Adidas's interpretation of 'Amber' would be puting it mildly. This was the most yellow I have seen our shirt. Surely Adidas must have been told that we play in Amber not canary yellow. :P

At least in recent times we have attempted to stay faithful to our true colours thank god. It's only when you put the yellow shirts against the more amber that you really notice the difference.

post-292-1232665674_thumb.jpg

post-292-1232666019_thumb.jpg

IMHO the worst colour offender was this Adidas effort from seasons 1979-82. To say I was shocked at Adidas's interpretation of 'Amber' would be puting it mildly. This was the most yellow I have seen our shirt. Surely Adidas must have been told that we play in Amber not canary yellow. :ph34r:

At least in recent times we have attempted to stay faithful to our true colours thank god. It's only when you put the yellow shirts against the more amber that you really notice the difference.

I know what you mean, but I actually liked that Adidas strip.

It would be great to be able to sustain a full hoop on the shirt every season, but financially it's not possible. Celtic, for example, bring out a near enough identical strip every season and the hordes still buy it. When you're working to a public of (absolute maximum) 10k people, then you need to change it a bit and, over the past few seasons, I've been happy with the variations. Also, it's more expensive to produce a hoop all the way round as I was looking into it for FPC FC.

As much as I agree with the comments about the canary yellow, I am also not absolutely keen on the late 80s/early 90s amber shown in the other photo. Even though that was the Motherwell I was brought up watching and all my favourite players wore that shade, I prefer the 'middle-ground' amber that we have now.

Frazzle

Great seeing that stuff again, especially the ground as it was, shows what we're missing with this all seater nonsense :notworthy: .

That first clip when Gregor Stevens knocks the ball out for a throw in and the Rangers guy slides in late, how far would a Hearts centre half roll if that happened today?

It would be great to be able to sustain a full hoop on the shirt every season, but financially it's not possible. Celtic, for example, bring out a near enough identical strip every season and the hordes still buy it. When you're working to a public of (absolute maximum) 10k people, then you need to change it a bit and, over the past few seasons, I've been happy with the variations. Also, it's more expensive to produce a hoop all the way round as I was looking into it for FPC FC.

As much as I agree with the comments about the canary yellow, I am also not absolutely keen on the late 80s/early 90s amber shown in the other photo. Even though that was the Motherwell I was brought up watching and all my favourite players wore that shade, I prefer the 'middle-ground' amber that we have now.

Frazzle

Agree to a certain extent,about Smeltic,......

But what about our favourite neighbours Clydebank...sorry Airdrieonians/Airdrie utd who have managed to keep the diamond for the majority of their history ?

Some of the shitey Admiral/adidas/Pony and Zara strips we had in the 70/80/90s/early 2000s were gash...any strip with a hoop/band/ or half a hoop/band will do for me :lol:

and white shorts............Its all about tradition !

BRING BACK THE HOOP!

Airdrieonians/Airdrie utd who have managed to keep the diamond for the majority of their history ?

BRING BACK THE HOOP!

Very true! So called smaller teams have managed to retain their traditional kit, I really don't see why we can't. We have done it in the past with the printed hoop on our Pony and Matchwinner kits. Come on Bukta you know it makes sense.

Agree to a certain extent,about Smeltic,......

But what about our favourite neighbours Clydebank...sorry Airdrieonians/Airdrie utd who have managed to keep the diamond for the majority of their history ?

Some of the shitey Admiral/adidas/Pony and Zara strips we had in the 70/80/90s/early 2000s were gash...any strip with a hoop/band/ or half a hoop/band will do for me :lol:

and white shorts............Its all about tradition !

BRING BACK THE HOOP!

Whilst Ia'm .......at it all games should be played with an

adidas telstar 70/74 ball !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1974Telstar_2006-08-11.jpg250px-1970Telstar_2006-08-11.jpg1974Telstar_2006-08-11.jpg