389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nae idea, but none of them fill me with anything but "meh"

Being honest with you, Neil, likewise. I just rustled up a list of names that will no doubt be linked with it, either on here on people's wishlists or in the press. And threw in Tommy McLean given that our last appointment was of a cunning old guy and I couldn't think of anyone else who fit the bill.

Should probably have added Derek Adams but forgot..

No-one currently within Scottish football.

I remember when Gannon was appointed people like Aidy Boothrord were interested. I think we'd get good applications from managers out of work in England.

Onwards and upwards!

Chris Hughton?? :rolleyes:

despite broons success i wouldnt go down another old guy route.i like both collins and hughes and both of them seem to want to play football and have a track record of working with young players. but collins ruled himself out of the running for aberdeen saying it wasnt the right club for him so not really sure hed come.

No-one currently within Scottish football.

I remember when Gannon was appointed people like Aidy Boothrord were interested. I think we'd get good applications from managers out of work in England.

Onwards and upwards!

Chris Hughton?? :rolleyes:

Gannon had the lure of some money to spend. Our next manager will get hee-haw and in fact will probably have to make cuts.

I don't think there is any chance of attracting a 'name' from down south, even an unemployed one.

Boyle has surprised everyone before, so if we require a new gaffer as looks likely, my guess is it would be someone no-one would expect.

As long as Boyle doesn't have McPherson's phone number I'll be happy!

Why the clamour for John Collins??

He has an ego as big as McGhee and did nothing at Hibs apart from fall out with their players, hardly a glowing endorsement. I would rather have Butcher back. Problem is he would have to bring Malpas back and that wont happen.

Aye he only fell out with the player becuase they went running to the chairman when he asked them to do two training sessions a day!

both him and hughes have worked with young players very well in the past both want to pass the ball and not hoof it up the park. collins won hibs the cis cup, played good gootball, gave young players a chance and seemed to want to work hard with the players. hughes is passionate about his teams had falkirk playing some good stuff in the spl probs punching above their weight and brought through some very good young players there then at hibs he got them into europe attracted some good players and brought young players in before slipping up

in JB we trust