389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a manager that can or has:-

history of developing youth players

good contacts

known for good style of play

good tactician

Aye, doesn't every other club. :blink:

I'd take a guy with good contacts and decent tacticla knowledge. No matter who our manager has been the young guys seem to come through at Fir Park. A good style of play would be nice as well but that can come from having the right contacts to bring in the right players to lead to attractive football...

Current Bill Hills odds:

Calderwood 2/1

Yogi 4/1

Stark 6/1

Mio 6/1

McGlynn 8/1

Gus 8/1

Adams 10/1

McCall 12/1

Chisolm (fuck aff) 12/1

Gary Mac 12/1

Alex Miller 16/1

Hartson 20/1

Dodds 25/1

I reckon the bookies just have a generic 'Diddy team managerial vanacies' list and throw in the odd club legend ie Mio and Gary Mac . I mean com on to fuck Ian McCall and Big Fat John?

I doubt Jim Gannon was on any bookies list at the start of the hunt for the paedos replacement. JB will pull another name from left-field I'm sure.

More and more i think about it I'd quite like Billy Stark to take over! He is very very well thought off in Scotland! Likes working with young kids and plays the game the right way! Also has a lot of experience! Aberdeen were very interested in him but he refuses to leave the Central belt area! Might be a decent shout tbh!

Aye Billy Stark would be a winner.

More and more i think about it I'd quite like Billy Stark to take over! He is very very well thought off in Scotland! Likes working with young kids and plays the game the right way! Also has a lot of experience! Aberdeen were very interested in him but he refuses to leave the Central belt area! Might be a decent shout tbh!
Could be a very good shout. But could we afford to pay the SFA compensation for him though?

Could be a very good shout. But could we afford to pay the SFA compensation for him though?

It's a possibility that Stark has a clause inserted allowing him to leave for an SPL post, maybe not for zero compensation but for reduced compensation.

He hasn't been in club management for a wee while now but neither had Brown or McGhee so Boyle obviously doesn't see that as an obstacle...

Just out of interest why us there such an aversion to Chisolm and Dodds! I know they crashed and burned at Dundee but that club is a shambles(much like Aberdeen) but there record at QOS is pretty impressive! Qualifying for Europe etc and picking up some right decent players!

I think QoS is probably about their level. Chisholm didn't do well at Tannadice either.

Interesting to see that Will Hill have opened a book on it, with Jimmy Calderwood top at 2/1.

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/be...ll-Manager.html

Some notable omissions I think - Craigan, Young, McCart, Adams, Butcher are all people who might be in with a shout. Anyone reckon there's value in any of the odds shown?

I'm going to say that Stephen Craigan wouldn't be the worst choice Boyle could make.

It's clear he has the affinity for Motherwell that so many are citing as neccessary, I'm sure he has the respect of the players, he is media savvy and always comes across very well. Granted, we don't know how he'd set out a team but with an experienced number 2 (any suggestions?) then he'd make a good manager I reckon. Anyone know if he has coaching badges?

I'm going to say that Stephen Craigan wouldn't be the worst choice Boyle could make.

It's clear he has the affinity for Motherwell that so many are citing as neccessary, I'm sure he has the respect of the players, he is media savvy and always comes across very well. Granted, we don't know how he'd set out a team but with an experienced number 2 (any suggestions?) then he'd make a good manager I reckon. Anyone know if he has coaching badges?

An affinity for MFC is important this time, I think, but as much as I do love Craggs, he has no experience at any level of management.

As an Assistant to Leitch though, or as part of a team with Leitch and Adams, absolutely.

I'm struggling to look beyond Adams and Stark at the moment.

Two managers that ensure football is played in the right way and thrive on developing youngsters.

I would have to agree that both of them look to be good options, however I am not convinced that we would be keen to pay compen for either of them unless the sheep shaggers come up with some compen for traitorous bastards.

We need a manager who can work on a limited budget and develop the home grown talent we have. Also a manager with respect in the game and a good contact book is essential for unearthing new players and persuading others to sign for us.

We benefited from Butcher as an ex England captain and Brown as ex scotland manager in that respect.

I would not like to see any of the usual suspects get the job, ie McPherson (done nothing with St Mirren, so cant see him being any better with us), John collins ( Lives in Monaco, failed miserably at Hibs, cant work on a limited budget, and a fud into the bargin), John Hughes ( his record at Falkirk and Hibs is enough to bar him from the job)

For all his faults and despite the fact that i think he is a fud i would not be too bothered if McGhee and Leitch came back, :thumbup: in his first season he had the team playing some of the best footie i have seen from Motherwell. Ok that was with a better crop of players than we have now but we have the core of a good side, so he might do a turn again.

Totally incorrect - Collins won the CIS Cup, Hughes took Falkirk up and kept them there for years then took Hibs too 4th and into Europe for the first time in years.