389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nijholt always crops up but I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Van der Gaag yet (unless I've missed it?).....

Not saying that is who I'd go for but if we're talking ex-players or somebody other than the usual fuds on the Scottish managerial merry-go round, then why not?

Maybe he would bring a fresh Continental approach, could help to bring on the likes of Saunders, Page, Hutchison, etc and before he got punted he gained experience of European football with Maritimo.....not sure what he's doing now though?

Just a thought.....

People I expect to be linked to the job;

Csaba Laszlo

Gus MacPherson

John Hughes

Jimmy Calderwood

Mark McGhee

Tommy McLean (interim)

Billy Dodds

I'd take a punt on Laszlo. The rest can boost. Unless we get wee hamster cheeks in on a temp (proper temp this time) basis.

So you believe now do you?

It certainly seems that he's performed a dramatic 360 and fooled fans and pundits alike...

The point of this board being full of negative dour faced nuggets looking for faults..well, that still stands.

But aye, John Collins

People I expect to be linked to the job;

Csaba Laszlo

Gus MacPherson

John Hughes

Jimmy Calderwood

Mark McGhee

Tommy McLean (interim)

Billy Dodds

I'd take a punt on Laszlo. The rest can boost. Unless we get wee hamster cheeks in on a temp (proper temp this time) basis.

No another Interim manager, even if it's wee Tommy, look what happened (almost) to the last one!

Thinking outside the box.......

Paul Dickov, doing well with Oldham in League 1, knows players in the English lower leagues that we have nae idea about and probably likewise with other scottish clubs, working on a small budget and good links with a certain moneybags club with a great youth academy.

Not reading any names that get my pulse racing but then again, Brown's appointment didn't get me over excited and he did alright. When Gannon arrived, I knew it could go either of two ways. Turned out it went both ways(good results with young players, abrasive nature alienated a lot of people). McGhee, I lost faith in very early.

Last Motherwell manager I remember with real fondness is Terry Butcher, and as someone (orinoco?) said on another thread he was the right man at the right time, maybe not so now. And he kind of fell into the job.

I half expect as someone else said, an appointment from leftfield, a totally unexpected name. That's who I think we'll get. Who do I want? I haven't the foggiest. I set up this poll and still haven't voted in it...