389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a manager who can work on a limited budget and develop the home grown talent we have. Also a manager with respect in the game and a good contact book is essential for unearthing new players and persuading others to sign for us.

We benefited from Butcher as an ex England captain and Brown as ex scotland manager in that respect.

I would not like to see any of the usual suspects get the job, ie McPherson (done nothing with St Mirren, so cant see him being any better with us), John collins ( Lives in Monaco, failed miserably at Hibs, cant work on a limited budget, and a fud into the bargin), John Hughes ( his record at Falkirk and Hibs is enough to bar him from the job)

For all his faults and despite the fact that i think he is a fud i would not be too bothered if McGhee and Leitch came back, :) in his first season he had the team playing some of the best footie i have seen from Motherwell. Ok that was with a better crop of players than we have now but we have the core of a good side, so he might do a turn again.

Some of the names currently out of work down south:

• John Barnes (Haha)
  • Phil Brown
  • Chris Coleman
  • Alan Curbishley
  • Iain Dowie
  • Jim Gannon
  • Ruud Gullit
  • Bryan Gunn
  • Paul Hart
  • Chris Hughton
  • Stuart McCall
  • Martin O'Neill
  • Lawrie Sanchez (Previously mentioned at this time last year)
  • Chris Sutton

Plenty more available here LMA.

Most of those are complete pie in the sky but I think there are a few that would at least be interested in discussing the job.

Famliar names I imagine us to be pursuing:

Adams (he is free to leave Hibs should such an opporunity arise)

Stark

Leitch

McCart

To be honest, I'm not sure Boyle was ever entirely convinced by Brown and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a very firm idea of who he wants.

Talk of John Collins is just nonsense. He couldn't stomach running his boyhood heros as he can't be fucked with the SPL. Would love to see him involved in Scotland but he is not going to come to Motherwell FFS.

Actually this one would wind up the unwashed in the East End ..... Larsson?

Swedish season finished, Wikileaks stuff kicking off, higher level than he's used to, good intro before he replaces Lennon.

Maybe we'd get a few fringe Barca players reaching their 32nd birthdays :)

Now that would be a very interesting appointment. Maybe put a few bums on seats as well.

Far too early for Craigan. As someone has already said he can barely command his defence on occasion. Wheeling and dealing in the transfer market? Tactical prowess?? Not for me.

Gordon Young may be a good coach, but he is also a hate figure amongst the young boys that he works with and would rub too many of the seniors up the wrong way.

We wont be paying any compo.. so can rule out Butcher, who i wouldn't mind seeing back. Not the best tactician in the world and has been found out elsewhere, but he seems to have the characteristics to get the best out of players within Scottish football. Can also rule out Stark as im sure we'd have to throw the SFA a few beans in compensation.

I hope Boyle isn't daft enough to even consider a Hughes, McPherson or ..shudder... Bobby Williamson. Leftfield is the area which John Boyle seems to do best. The last three appointments have been a relative success (Even Gannon, who handed Broonie his tools in the first six months, with his shrewd signings). Can Boyle go four for four? Or could his run be about to end...

Famliar names I imagine us to be pursuing:

Adams (he is free to leave Hibs should such an opporunity arise)

Stark

Leitch

McCart

To be honest, I'm not sure Boyle was ever entirely convinced by Brown and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a very firm idea of who he wants.

Talk of John Collins is just nonsense. He couldn't stomach running his boyhood heros as he can't be fucked with the SPL. Would love to see him involved in Scotland but he is not going to come to Motherwell FFS.

Adams said when he went to Hibs he had turned down a couple of SPL clubs cause they couldn't match his ambitions. So i doubt he'd come here.

The talk of McGhee returning is absolute crazy talk, I didn't think I've ever see Motherwell fans not only suggest it but try to justify it. I'd have to seriously consider returning my season ticket.

We've got 23 points, another 10 or so will see us stay up, even if we switch to Billy Reid tactics then we'd achieve that.

Things aren't dire by any means, no reason to go after any other SPL manager.

The talk of McGhee returning is absolute crazy talk, I didn't think I've ever see Motherwell fans not only suggest it but try to justify it. I'd have to seriously consider returning my season ticket.

Likewise, we could easily knock a thousand off the 'core support' if he returns!

Dempster take note!

Think I might be the only person but I would love the job to go to Mitchell van der Gaag. Ex well player who got Maritimo into the Europa League for the first time in his first season then he was unfairly dismissed after 4 games of this season which angered the Maritiomo fans. Would also like to see Phil Brown or Chris Hughton but dont think either will even know who Motherwell are, before even thinking about wages.