389 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather...

• Mark McGhee
    • Scott Leitch
    • John Hughes
    • John Collins
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Jim Gannon
    • Luc Niholt (aw, come on, I had tae...)
    • Tommy McLean
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stephen Craigan
    • Somebody else.. Goan tell us...

We need to take our time.

It's not as if we have a game this weekend and maybe not next week if the predicted cold snap is to return.

Chisholm and Dodds, even in a short term capacity, would be a major step back in our ambitions.

Craigan and Gordon Young can run the team in the mean time. They have done it before.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why rush this MAJOR decision. Interim till the end of the season? AGAIN? I am not a fan if Billy Dodds. Never have been.

There is no reason why we can't spend the next two weeks receiving applications and running interviews. It smacks of Boyle just not havibg time for this right now.

There is a reason! We have at least 3games inthe next 14 days! Would you be happy with Youngy or Craggs incharge of the training and team until then and possibly coming out with 0 pts! That could be a really crucial time for the team and for our season! The next month is really difficult for fixtures and we need experience in as soon as possible!

Is there anything on the BBC website about Dodds and Chisholm? Couldn't see anything earlier.

Personally I don't see why we can't have someone like Gordon Young w/Craggs take over in the interim - two figures at the club who although they don't have direct experience perhaps, at least know the players very well - at the moment we need a steadying hand to settle everyone down until something more permanent can be put in place.

The thing that rankles me though - and I know there's all the talk of the 'gentleman's arrangement' - that's two managers now that we haven't tied down to permanent contracts. Surely we can learn for the next appointment?

Chisolm and Dodds!

fuckin' hell are we that desperate?

Why all the worry, does it matter who we get as the new manager, their previous record or lack of it is irrelevant as they will not be working with the same level of player ie moving from division 1 to SPL players as would be the case for Chisolm. All that matters is their tactical and coaching abillity and getting the best from the resources at their disposal.

We need a quick appointment as we have a run of trick games coming up, so if we get Chisolm and Dodds then so be it, the well fans should get right behind whoever gets the job, :evilgrin: and reserve judgement till the end of the season then we can critisise if necesarry.

Mon the Well

There is a reason! We have at least 3games inthe next 14 days! Would you be happy with Youngy or Craggs incharge of the training and team until then and possibly coming out with 0 pts! That could be a really crucial time for the team and for our season! The next month is really difficult for fixtures and we need experience in as soon as possible!

Very short term thinking. I'd rather get 0 points in the next 3 games and have the right managemment team for the next couple of seasons than just appointing someone who is available simply to get a couple of points on the board...

Most people seem to think that Chisholm and Dodds would not be the answer...

We need a quick appointment as we have a run of trick games coming up, so if we get Chisolm and Dodds then so be it, the well fans should get right behind whoever gets the job, :nod: and reserve judgement till the end of the season then we can critisise if necesarry

I think most people's concerns is their inability to get a Dundee team with a budget that would choke a horse into the SPL. Doesn't bode well for managing with one of the smallest budgets in the SPL...

Very short term thinking. I'd rather get 0 points in the next 3 games and have the right managemment team for the next couple of seasons than just appointing someone who is available simply to get a couple of points on the board...

Most people seem to think that Chisholm and Dodds would not be the answer...

I don't think they are the answer either, never said that in my post. My point was too the fact there is no reason to rush it! I don't agree with that! Look how well an interim manager worked with Brown. We need the same until a full appointment is made! Maybe Calderwood in the interim or wee Tommy Mc! Just don't think we can leave it with the games we have coming our way!

I don't think they are the answer either, never said that in my post. My point was too the fact there is no reason to rush it! I don't agree with that! Look how well an interim manager worked with Brown. We need the same until a full appointment is made! Maybe Calderwood in the interim or wee Tommy Mc! Just don't think we can leave it eighths fixtures we

No, I take your point on that one. But our next game is not til Tuesday at the earliest. Why appoint a management team less than twelve hours after the previous one departed unless they are outstanding candidates? Surely even those who think that Chisholm and Dodds fall into that category (speak up now) would advocate waiting a couple of days to see who else is interested...?

As said we need to think long term here. I'd rather lose the next 3 games than rush into an appointment in the next 24 hours that could prove costly for a year or so. Uttet madness if we go for them without seeing who else could be interested.

As said we need to think long term here. I'd rather lose the next 3 games than rush into an appointment in the next 24 hours that could prove costly for a year or so. Uttet madness if we go for them without seeing who else could be interested.

As I said I don't think they are the answer, defo not in the long term poss not even short term! An interim 1 month appointment or something more experienced is in my opinion a must tho until we know who is interested! Craggs/young have enough to cope with, without also running the first team for 3games!

Chisholm and Dodds? Some c**t is taking the piss somewhere surely? That would be a helluva hard one for the 'well support to take!! If we want an interim manger, either make that Youngy or ask TomTom to bail us out for a few months. I stated somewhere else that we need to be swift, but appointing they two would smack of desperation.

As for some of the names being banded about on here? Get real!! Hughton, Phil Brown? Why not go the whole hog and see if we can tempt Martin Jol to come over?

As for Collins and the clamour for him to be quoted for the job? Really dont understand the thinking behind that one at all.

Just out of interest why us there such an aversion to Chisolm and Dodds! I know they crashed and burned at Dundee but that club is a shambles(much like Aberdeen) but there record at QOS is pretty impressive! Qualifying for Europe etc and picking up some right decent players!

I personally just don't like Chisholm which puts meofgthem, stupid I know but my only reason for not wanting them! Dodds I have heard a mix bag about!

As for some of the names being banded about on here? Get real!! Hughton, Phil Brown? Why not go the whole hog and see if we can tempt Martin Jol to come over?

Phil Brown was deparate to go to Aberdeen. Now obviously as McGoo and Broon have proven, we don't have the same pulling power as the sheep, but we are a better gig at the moment and have been for at least the last 5 years.

Current Bill Hills odds:

Calderwood 2/1

Yogi 4/1

Stark 6/1

Mio 6/1

McGlynn 8/1

Gus 8/1

Adams 10/1

McCall 12/1

Chisolm (fuck aff) 12/1

Gary Mac 12/1

Alex Miller 16/1

Hartson 20/1

Dodds 25/1

Could live with the ones in bold. Alex Miller is a name that popped into my head last night. And I thought "Fuck, naw...". But interesting, I didn't expect to see him even quoted. Maybe something in it...

EDIT Ian McCall, aye, very good...

Phil Brown was deparate to go to Aberdeen. Now obviously as McGoo and Broon have proven, we don't have the same pulling power as the sheep, but we are a better gig at the moment and have been for at least the last 5 years.

Phil Brown put his hat into the ring for the Dons job because he reckons they are a big club, if he ever got the chance speak with Miller/Milne he'd have run a mile. There is not a hope in hell that he will be the next MFC manager.