Butcher - "call Me"

East Stand Screamer

Ide have Big Tel back, I could probably even stand for im to have Malpish as his number 2 because that works for them, but hat would take a gargantuan amount of pride swallowing for him to show his face around here again. Compensation is the other issue along with the possibility of Tel tarnishing his reputation with a 2nd bite of the cherry - so I think there might be too many obstacles in the way for it to happen.

Not so happy that we are in talks with Chisolm and Dodds - really dont like Dodds, and I dont rate Chisolm.

Adams and Leitch? Could that work?

Lond diagonal ball up to Foran on the left wing. No fucking thankyou.

Terry done a great job at holding the club together during it's darkest time and building a siege mentality. I was taken aback by his affection for Motherwell given his stature in the game.

As many have said however , his time has came and gone. He is doing a great job at Inverness and long may it continue.

Lond diagonal ball up to Foran on the left wing. No fucking thankyou.

Terry done a great job at holding the club together during it's darkest time and building a siege mentality. I was taken aback by his affection for Motherwell given his stature in the game.

As many have said however , his time has came and gone. He is doing a great job at Inverness and long may it continue.

All of that I agree with, Lobey, sensible post as always. But if it's a choice between Butcher and Malpas or Chisholm and Dodds, I'd take the risk of Butcher damaging the affection he's held in by many Motherwell supporters.

As it is, I'm hoping that it doesn't simply come down to that. Boyle has shown a fair bit of imagination in his recent appointments. I hope that continues...

Boyle has shown a fair bit of imagination in his recent appointments. I hope that continues...

I also hope that continues, however, do you think it may come into JB's head that having went "outside the box" for the previous 3 managers, each time he's been shat on? (2 have fucked off to Aberdeen and the other refused to sign a contract)

Someone like Steve Clarke would be ideal IMO, however, I wouldn't be surprised if we got one from the usual merry-go-round this time.

i said butcher yesterday,and i wouldnt even mind leitch as his assistant.he definatly has to be malpasless.

The past tells us Butcher is an awful manager without Malpas. Malpas might not be a great Manager - shite in fact - but no one can argue with his Assistant record. Be it with Motherwell, Scotland U21's or Inverness CT.

Well that all depends on who the alternatives are.

Would I take Butcher over most of the has beens that have been quoted. Most Def.

He has an affection for the club and the vast majority of Well fans have an affection for him. Lest we should forget he is managing a team that is ABOVE us in the SPL and unbeaten away in a year inc recent away draws at Ibrox and coming back from 2-0 down at Celtic Park.

Aye that is the sign of a p1sh manager..........

Compensation would be an issue as would the treatment of Malpas.

Bottom line I would have him back tomorrow.

Bring back Butcher. Hero.

For same reason no.

If he keeps doing the business at Inverness I hope he gets given another chance at a higher level and again does the business but I'd rather remember the good times and not risk lets face it his limited success at managerial level bite again.

We weren't as one dimensional under Butcher as some make out but we were definately a team on the decline by the end of his time and it was probably a good thing he moved on when he did before things turned sour.