Craigan Speaks.

postiejim

Can't remember the quote but sounded very much like he thought McGhee or Leitch was a possibility. Something about "Someone who's been here before or someone out of the blue". Mind you, I s'ppose that could apply to Butcher as well. Just caught my attention...

i took that as if he meant just someone with experience, not literally "been (t)here before"

Great interview from craigan, spoke well dodged the "would you like....." question very well. Can see him doing well in managment and tv.

I'm quite happy for him to help look after things for a few weeks until someone is appointed - I think he will have the troops well fired up for the next couple of games - roll on tuesday!

ps last time I seen a good positive interview from someone at motherwell the auld c**t fecked off to the sheep shaggers within 24hrs - hope JB has stephen locked up safe! :notworthy:

Great guy who shows passion for Motherwell, and always acts with dignity.

Not the best player ever unfortunately, but there's been worse, and he can be great at times.

Just occassionally hits the self destruct, and has a habit of punting the ball up the park.

That said, sometimes I'd rather just have a player Like Craigan who I like, who is determined and is playing for the club and the fans, and can sometimes be a great influence on the players around him.

I thought he dodged the issues completely in the Sportsound interbiew yesterday.

No great harm in that but nothing that merits any great amount of praise. It was a 'nothing' interview.

Praise from me if he called it like it is and said that they were treacherous auld bastards that let the whole side down.

Would do the wee gentlemen no harm to hear over the airwaves that his former captain thinks hes a c**t! both for making an incomprehensible move and for dragging Craigan personally into it with his absolute pish to the media on the Wednesday.

Pure class and dignity.

Those two treacherous old fucks and that disgraceful joke club from the north take note.

So, hypothetically speaking of course, if Walter Smith was to take a brainstorm on Monday morning and decide that Craigan was the man to step into Davie Weirs shoes, Crags would not go because of his loyalty and the fact that he bleeds claret and amber?

I have no issue with what Crags has done for the club but I'm not going to dress it up as something it's not. Craigan found his level at Motherwell hence the reason he has stayed so long.

The last couple of days has shown that loyalty and bleeding claret and amber etc is not something that football people do well.

I thought he dodged the issues completely in the Sportsound interbiew yesterday.

No great harm in that but nothing that merits any great amount of praise. It was a 'nothing' interview.

Thats my take on it too, Steve. He always presents himself very well in the media and is a good ambassador for the club. To that extent he impressed me in the interview. But, he didn't actually say anything of significance or anything that made me sit up - not that I'd have expected him to.

So, hypothetically speaking of course, if Walter Smith was to take a brainstorm on Monday morning and decide that Craigan was the man to step into Davie Weirs shoes, Crags would not go because of his loyalty and the fact that he bleeds claret and amber?

I have no issue with what Crags has done for the club but I'm not going to dress it up as something it's not. Craigan found his level at Motherwell hence the reason he has stayed so long.

The last couple of days has shown that loyalty and bleeding claret and amber etc is not something that football people do well.

Hypothetically speaking if your granny had baws she'd be your grandad. What's your point.?

Back in the real world Craggs gave an interview to some hack who was looking for some sensational derogatory comments aimed at our former management team but the big man has more class than to shoot his mouth off. He must be hurting like the rest of us but he is clearly a better level of person than many in the game and his calm, respectful response showed that.

No-one mentioned how good or bad a player he is. Thats not the point and your "what if" comment about Rangers is irrelevant because even if it did happen you can put your mortgage on it that he would be far more honest and transparent than some of our past managers have been.

Mon the Craggs!