Protests At Aberdeen

East Stand Screamer

You know, when we went up to Aberdeen when Mutley left, we got a lot of stick for the way he was abuse, even being accused of saying things we didn't say, etc, but that's what happens when emotions are high and everyone is beeling.

Instead of going up to the Shaggers with this fury in our bellies and venting it in a string of obsenities, why not try and come up with something we can all do at the same time that will let everyone know just how much we hold the previous regime in contempt, whilst also showing that we are dignified and proud of our club, unlike the poison squirted from elsewhere in the SPL.

So anyone got any ideas?

Personally I think we should arrange for the whole away section, to a man, to stand up and turn out backs on them as they come out. No shouting, no jeering, no name calling, just silently stand up and turn around, show them our backs... it'd get us on the telly! Albeit our backs! LOL

What do you think? Any other ideas?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So anyone got any ideas?

Personally I think we should arrange for the whole away section, to a man, to stand up and turn out backs on them as they come out. No shouting, no jeering, no name calling, just silently stand up and turn around, show them our backs... it'd get us on the telly! Albeit our backs! LOL

What do you think? Any other ideas?

Last time we did that Motherwell were dropped from the Masters football :whistling: . Chucking zimmers or pension books at the Aberdeen fans might be more appropriate!

Ideas of "protests" and "synchronized turning-around" are a load of nonsense.

It's a football match and we're football fans. We'll voice our displeasure the way football fans do so.

That said, a big banner that says "WE'RE ONLY HERE OUT OF 'COMMON COURTESY'" would go down a treat.

Craig and Archie paedophiles. Craig and Archie paedophiles.i.m.o This is what Boyle to his credit wants to avoid, hence asking for Aberdeen to wait till after next weeks game before the Judas bros take over at Pittodrie. Ain't gonna happen though Broon will be in charge, well fans will be seething, have a few beers before the game you know the rest. :whistling:

This is what Boyle to his credit wants to avoid, hence asking for Aberdeen to wait till after next weeks game before the Judas bros take over at Pittodrie.

John Boyle is being ridiculously naive if he thinks postponing their appointment til after the 18th is going to make the slightest bit of difference to the antics of the away support.

It's a football match and we're football fans. We'll voice our displeasure the way football fans do so.

That said, a big banner that says "WE'RE ONLY HERE OUT OF 'COMMON COURTESY'" would go down a treat.

It might not be what you want to do, mate, but it's hardly a load of nonsense. I'm trying to think of a better way of expressing ourselves without the need for calling people pedos. And no need for the "patronising" apostrophes either. We're all in this together. I thought, anyway. The start of your post you say "protests" are "nonsense" then suggest a banner! What's that?

We should ask Aberdeen to swap the venue to Fir Park. After all, they have succeeded in ripping the pish so why shouldn't we? Can you imagine the reception he'd have got had it been at Fir Park next week?!

We should ask Aberdeen to swap the venue to Fir Park. After all, they have succeeded in ripping the pish so why shouldn't we? Can you imagine the reception he'd have got had it been at Fir Park next week?!

Maybe we shoulda saw it coming with Craig and Archie swapped dug oots last time we played!

It might not be what you want to do, mate, but it's hardly a load of nonsense. I'm trying to think of a better way of expressing ourselves without the need for calling people pedos. And no need for the "patronising" apostrophes either. We're all in this together. I thought, anyway. The start of your post you say "protests" are "nonsense" then suggest a banner! What's that?

A mere suggestion of a banner for the guys who normally whip such things up for matches.

Not a protest.

What exactly are we protesting?

Craig Brown's shown himself to be a wee two-faced bastard and will get dog's abuse for it from the 'Well support at Pittodrie. Because this is football and we're football fans and that's how it works. The abuse McGhee suffered was perhaps a bit too close to the bone, but at least he knew about it and was genuine shocked by it. Do you think Brown and Knox are going to give a flying fuck if the 'Well support miss some of the game facing the wrong way?

A mere suggestion of a banner for the guys who normally whip such things up for matches.

Not a protest.

What exactly are we protesting?

Craig Brown's shown himself to be a wee two-faced bastard and will get dog's abuse for it from the 'Well support at Pittodrie. Because this is football and we're football fans and that's how it works. The abuse McGhee suffered was perhaps a bit too close to the bone, but at least he knew about it and was genuine shocked by it. Do you think Brown and Knox are going to give a flying fuck if the 'Well support miss some of the game facing the wrong way?

The original post was to suggest one way, not THE way... and I said IF people were wanting to protest what type would THEY suggest, perhaps people could have said "well, maybe not that, but how about this..." or just had a laugh with it. I'm not trying to stir up a load of people standing with their backs to the game, just giving one example of what could happen. You don't like it, fine. You don't need to be so aggressive about it.

I also said "when they came out" not "miss some of the game". I wish you'd read it properly before jumping in there, son.

The original post was to suggest one way, not THE way... and I said IF people were wanting to protest what type would THEY suggest, perhaps people could have said "well, maybe not that, but how about this..." or just had a laugh with it. I'm not trying to stir up a load of people standing with their backs to the game, just giving one example of what could happen. You don't like it, fine. You don't need to be so aggressive about it.

I fail to really see what's remotely aggressive about anything I've posted in this thread. Blunt, perhaps. But I prefer to be honest and blunt when I'm stating my opinions on a football message board.

I wish you'd read it properly before jumping in there, son.

Tut tut, in one sentence the whole moral high ground regarding being patronising goes right out the window. :whistling:

I fail to really see what's remotely aggressive about anything I've posted in this thread. Blunt, perhaps. But I prefer to be honest and blunt when I'm stating my opinions on a football message board.

Tut tut, in one sentence the whole moral high ground regarding being patronising goes right out the window. :whistling:

Exactly what I was thinking.

That sounds like a fantastic idea. :whistling:

But please, please, PLEASE don't chant "Craig Brown paedophile". I don't give a fuck what Brown, the Aberdeen fans or the media would think or say about that, I just think that is so childish and unoriginal and we could do so much better than that.

Tut tut, in one sentence the whole moral high ground regarding being patronising goes right out the window. :lol:

Doesn't matter... :whistling:

who ever the banner men are get this sorted :whistling:

But please, please, PLEASE don't chant "Craig Brown paedophile". I don't give a fuck what Brown, the Aberdeen fans or the media would think or say about that, I just think that is so childish and unoriginal and we could do so much better than that.

I'd agree with that. Even for those who don't have a problem with actually singing it, it shows a complete lack of imagination to simply turn up to Pittodrie after we've lost a manager again and sing the exact same song!

Although I reckon with the way this has come about there are a few chants to be had.

Never really understood the pedo chants maself. Being a pedo is one of the worst things you could be in society - Craig Brown, as much as you might not like him right now is far from being a fucking peado - him or any other previous managers for that matter(with the obvious exceptions). On that basis chanting someone is a pedo is hardly going to cause them any bother.

If someone called me a pedo i'd probably laugh - on the simple basis that the truth is what hurts people,and as i am not infact a pedo...i wouldn't give a fuck.

Always thought it was a rather boring and un-inventive chant made by arseholes.

Buy aye....batter in. Nae skin off my nose.