How Do You Like Going To Away Matches?

Plat_du_Jour

Hi,

I hope I have posted this in the right area, but I am keen to ask about the experiences of fans travelling to away games.

As part of my university work, I am currently working with the SPL to do some research about fans attending away games. As part of this, I am keen to get the perspective of a broad range of fans from all the clubs across the league. If you would like to take the opportunity to fill out an anonymous survey, taking just a few minutes, then you can help the SPL improve the experience of being an away fan.

Please copy the following link into your browser: http://tinyurl.com/35l34rc

Thank you very much for taking the time.

Hi,

I hope I have posted this in the right area, but I am keen to ask about the experiences of fans travelling to away games.

As part of my university work, I am currently working with the SPL to do some research about fans attending away games. As part of this, I am keen to get the perspective of a broad range of fans from all the clubs across the league. If you would like to take the opportunity to fill out an anonymous survey, taking just a few minutes, then you can help the SPL improve the experience of being an away fan.

Please copy the following link into your browser: http://tinyurl.com/35l34rc

Thank you very much for taking the time.

it all depends on who we play, when we play, the weather, how many well are there and loads of other things. If its an important game and we got a good support, creating a great atmosphere, there great. :thumbup:

Did you not consider including questions that allowed us to rate the matchday experience for each SPL club, instead of just worst one etc......

Yes, but there was a danger of making the survey too long and I didn't want to discourage people from completing it. The survey will ideally capture perceptions and priorities of fans with the best/worst experience questions giving examples of good/bad practice. Hope this helps!

Yes, but there was a danger of making the survey too long and I didn't want to discourage people from completing it. The survey will ideally capture perceptions and priorities of fans with the best/worst experience questions giving examples of good/bad practice. Hope this helps!

I see what your saying but some clubs really need the feedback that the matchday experience is not something thats enjoyable and actively stops fans from wanting to visit. For example, the way you are treated in the corner at Ibrox from both the Police and Stewards - never mind the hostility, is very different from the average away day at Killie!!

But maybe this is something the SPL want to avoid highlighting!

Good luck with your research.

I see what your saying but some clubs really need the feedback that the matchday experience is not something thats enjoyable and actively stops fans from wanting to visit. For example, the way you are treated in the corner at Ibrox from both the Police and Stewards - never mind the hostility, is very different from the average away day at Killie!!

But maybe this is something the SPL want to avoid highlighting!

Good luck with your research.

Thanks, that is useful SuperCC, consider it well-noted! :blink:

Thanks to all those who have taken the survey but I am keen for more Motherwell fans to get involved so the club is well-represented! If anyone wants to talk about their specific experiences, feel free to post those too - it is great reading about them!

Please go to the following link: http://tinyurl.com/35l34rc

Thank you very much for taking the time. :(

Done, very timely as I bought my ticket for the Celtic game today, I'm taking some young people I work with but I not looking forward to my visit to Celtic park, shit seat, abusive fans and aggressive stewards.

If I wasn't working I would be going, it a hard job but someones got to do it.

Done, very timely as I bought my ticket for the Celtic game today, I'm taking some young people I work with but I not looking forward to my visit to Celtic park, shit seat, abusive fans and aggressive stewards.

If I wasn't working I would be going, it a hard job but someones got to do it.

Thanks for the feedback delboy, it does seem that people have very specific perceptions/experiences of specific clubs/stadia!

Thanks to all those who have taken the survey, please keep the momentum up and pass it on to anyone who may be interested! Cheers! :ph34r:

it very difficult to give general responses to some of the questions in the survey as my experiences do vary from club to club

But I would say the smaller the club the better the experience

Yeh, it was a matter of saving the respondent time by not talking about each individual club. The overall questions gain a bit of more an insight into the the perception of away matches on the whole. Thanks for taking part! :(

Filled in the questionaire a few days ago but just out of curiosity...

Plat_du_Jour, what football team do you support?

and...

Do you attend any away games yourself?

and...

Is this the worst away end ever? :cheers:

This is the away end at Miejski Klub Sportowy Znicz Pruszków in Poland.

Imagine playing them in the Europa Cup!

2z4l6di.jpg

Thanks to all those who have taken the survey but I am keen for more Motherwell fans to get involved so the club is well-represented! If anyone wants to talk about their specific experiences, feel free to post those too - it is great reading about them!

Please go to the following link: http://tinyurl.com/35l34rc

Thank you very much for taking the time. :cheers:

I telt you last week that the SPL is overpriced and crap.

Why waste yir time ?

Filled in the questionaire a few days ago but just out of curiosity...

Plat_du_Jour, what football team do you support?

and...

Do you attend any away games yourself?

and...

Is this the worst away end ever? :thumbup:

This is the away end at Miejski Klub Sportowy Znicz Pruszków in Poland.

Imagine playing them in the Europa Cup!

2z4l6di.jpg

Going by the away fans scarfs maybe the Polish mob thought they were playing Celtic & this is the best place for their fans. We should ship it over for next time we play them we wouldn't even have to paint it in Well colours :thumbup: