Who Next To Leave Fir Park !

Tartan Copper 2

With Bonnie and Clyde allias(Brown and Archie) Committing there future to Motherwell :whistling:

It is quite obvious that in Aberdeen they have an enormous task ahead of them, it is clear that they will need investment in players very soon (Jan 2011), whats the chances of the old snakes snatching some of the talent we have here at Motherwell......

A Famous quote springs to mind from that the lovable Monica LEWINSKI stating! I did not have sexual intercourse with the President <_>

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb have added there own version.

(Our agents have not contacted the Board at Aberdeen and let me make it clear me and my colleague not number two are more than happy at Motherwell, after all they gave us our chance)

So who will join Lewinski and OJ Simpson at Aberdeen........Murphy undoubtedly the love child of Brown (Rat) .... or even Murphy who was always going to be on the invitation list..... or would they try and price Humphrey away with promise of bigger wages.... interesting period awaits, watch this space.

I would rather big Nick went back to Blackburn rather than up there. But it seems he wants to stay with us...

I think we're all going to take everything said by all the staff at FP with a pinch of salt from now on. Anyone who says they want to stay, we'll all be "aye right mate, till the big money comes along..."

Mark McGhee left Motherwell and suddenly folk on here was shiting themselves. Apparently he was going to be taking Clarkson, Craigan, Reynolds and even Klimpl with him. That worked out.

As for this time around:

Gow? Possibly.

Blackman? Possibly.

Anybody else? No chance.

Why does this crop up just because a manager jukes us for Aberdeen? Do folk genuinely think that it's the same as someone taking a stapler and a couple of pens from their old office job to their new one?

With only six months left on his contract Craigan is the only other possibilty outside Gow, Blackman, and Fitzy imo. The fact he would pretty much be sacrificing his testiminial match (which should even out the money side of things) if it ever happens should kaybosh that one though.

Reynolds will get himself a much better move next month.

Who cares........the club will move on ! :lol:

In my time......Deans,McLoy,McCrae,Forsyth,Pettigrew,Mclair,McCallister,Walker,Boyd...

....the list is endless ..............................we are a selling club,all ways have been, all ways will !

Couldn't agree more TBH i used to worry, but after our recent loans I don't worry as much, im now confident we are a comfortable top 6 side despite slumps here and there, our core is good. We will go on no matter players or managers, its all part of the ride BRING IT ON just not another Hibs Classic couldn't take that again lol.

Couldn't agree more TBH i used to worry, but after our recent loans I don't worry as much, im now confident we are a comfortable top 6 side despite slumps here and there, our core is good. We will go on no matter players or managers, its all part of the ride BRING IT ON just not another Hibs Classic couldn't take that again lol.

Lets not suffer from delusions of grandure like our wooly 'friends' in the north. In recent years we have been top 6 on 3 out of 4 occassions but we will never be 'comfortable' top six. It's a bit of an insult to other decent sides to assume so. A kilmarnock or a st mirren are only ever a couple of signings or a solid manager away from us.

We are a comfortable SPL side without a shadow of a doubt though.

I'm not too worried about many of our players heading north. Where we have suffered from disloyal managers we have comparably prospered in loyal players.

I always feel, as long as we have craigan, lasley and hammell we are Motherwell these days.

No delusions of grandeur if i did i would have stated we were euro contenders every season but i feel we are without doubt a top 6 side. Kilmarnock and St mirren me be a singing or 2 behind us, but we ARE a better side and more attractive to potential signings than them so we we will be ahead in terms of potential signings . We are not MILES in front of them but in front of them we are without doubt. No insult intended, but on recent form and considering blips "Gannon was a mad man, but its still mainly his side, managed differently" our core is Good and Solid so therefore i strongly believe we a more than capable top 6 side.

A Famous quote springs to mind from that the lovable Monica LEWINSKI stating! I did not have sexual intercourse with the President <_>

:unsure:

With the risk of being pedantic are you serious or having a laugh?

If you're serious you should get your facts right when making analogies. :lol:

Blackman is the major concern - he is absolutely vital to our chances of having a decent season. Much depends on whether Blackburn want him back or try to punt him in January. The sheep have no money so Broonie may try to tempt him north in January on a loan deal. Hopefully he wants to stay put and play every week, but there must be a number of Championship level clubs aware of what he is doing up here. They could afford any token fee that it might take for Blackburn to let him go in January, whereas we/the sheep cannot.

Gow - not overly concerned if he goes, but would rather he stays.

Reynolds - definately won't go there. The sheep can't afford a fee in January and even if they tried to get him in the summer, I am sure he is intelligent enough to know that it would be a shyte move to that graveyard for footballers. He is far too good for them.

Fitzy - new deal with us I suspect. Even if just till the end of the season to allow the new manager to have a look at him.

In short, don't think any of our lot will head north unless Milne puts his hands in his pockets and gives Broonie some cash to spend.

Alan Gow and Marc Fitzpatrick are the only players I see possibly going North. If Aberdeen offer them a better deal then so be it.

Nick Blackman has come up to Scottish football to get a regular game, score goals and get himself noticed. He's doing just that in a Motherwell side that are playing progressive football. I don't see the attraction in going to Pittodrie, and scrambling up front for lthe odd ong ball, punted up the park by a side crapping themselves for confidence in a relagation fight. It's not Blackman's struggle, so why get involved?

As for the rest of our squad, I can't see Aberdeen affording any of them, or anyone having the desire to go.

As I stated in "Ins and Outs". Due to the nature of their contracts running out either in January or in the summer, Blackman, Gow, Fitzy, Reynolds, Jennings and Craigan could all be on his radar. Whether any of players we like to play for this lying toad again remains to be seen. I'd be seriously surprised, but then I'm still in shock at how last week panned out.

Why the fuck would Blackman go to relegation fodder? Explain this to me please?

Firstly, I don't think that Blackman will go up there, but Archie Knox worked with him at Blackburn and Blackman has been quoted as saying Knox was one of the reasons he came here.

That might take him further north....

I think Gow could go to be honest. I think he's the type of player who if you offer him £500 extra a week that would be all the incentive he'd need to move clubs. He's not one I'm overly bothered about, I think he's had some great games and some games where he's been anonymous.

Whereas Blackman is concerned, I think I'd be surprised to see him either at Motherwell or Aberdeen come February 1st. I think much of his loan deal was down to Allardyce's "friendship" with Craig Brown and that could be a contributing factor. Also, unless they are planning to extend his deal, extending his loan would have no benefit to Blackburn whatsoever. If they don't offer him a new deal, I think we can expect to see him playing for a team like Doncaster or Watford come January. However, if they do extend his deal and extend his loan, I think they would certainly favour he stayed at Motherwell, considering he is settled, playing every week, scoring goals etc. I doubt Blackburn would want him to move to a team battling relegation who are losing something nil every week and not creating any chances.

As for Fitzpatrick, I think he's decent backup but I wouldn't be concerned either way. I don't think he'd be the difference between a place in the league, or the difference between us getting to a cup final or not (I know he has been before before that is pointed out), and with Jennings, Lasley, Hateley and Forbes who are central midfielders and Page and Reynolds who have played there in the past, I don't think his absence would be noted. As for Reynolds, I think the club would be silly to accept an offer from another SPL club in January, unless the deal was very lucrative. As for the end of the season, although you can never fully trust what someone says in the media as we have learned, Reynolds has always said when he leaves Motherwell it will be a move that progresses his career, he is an intelligent man and I'm sure he's aware that in today's world a move to Aberdeen a backward or at best sideway step.

As for Craigan, our new manager will be his ninth as a Motherwell player, I don't think it would have any bearing for him. With the likes of Jennings and Sutton I think it all depends on how Aberdeen do between now and the end of the season.

No delusions of grandeur if i did i would have stated we were euro contenders every season but i feel we are without doubt a top 6 side. Kilmarnock and St mirren me be a singing or 2 behind us, but we ARE a better side and more attractive to potential signings than them so we we will be ahead in terms of potential signings . We are not MILES in front of them but in front of them we are without doubt. No insult intended, but on recent form and considering blips "Gannon was a mad man, but its still mainly his side, managed differently" our core is Good and Solid so therefore i strongly believe we a more than capable top 6 side.

Fair enough, I'm not far off agreeing with you then really. Maybe it was the wording. I see Rangers and Celtic as the only 'comfortable' top six team. 4 other places can battled out by a much greater number... Motherwell, Dundee UTD, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen (when they get their act together), you can't deny Inverness this time round although they are not regulars. (last season st johnstone were courting top 6, so there is always one outsider)

So my point. At the start of the season (not right now) there are usually about 6 teams fighting for 4 places.

So I think we are a comfortable top 8 team.

With Allardyce being sacked as Blackburn boss hopefully that means the old c**t won't be able to take Blackman up North way him when his loan expires here.

But with Allerdyce gone, a new manager may have a different take on how to handle young proteges like Blackman. I fear he may be wanted back in Blackburn.