Surreal

beesher

Is probably the kindest word you can use to sum up the ref's performance tonight. I don't doubt that Hearts deserved to win (although I only saw the 2nd half), but there were a few shitey decisions plus a couple that defied belief.

How can you give that first penalty and then turn down the 2nd one which surely was much more clear cut?

How can you play on when Rudi Scakel stands less than a yard in front of the ball when we're trying to take a free kick?

And that Jennings sending off, it's just plain weird. It has to be the worst sendings off in the entire history of football.

Fucking pissed off.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you actually watched the game the so called second penalty was on the edge of the box so therefore not a penalty but a free kick should have been given. The refs wonder why they get little respect after a performance like that! Motherwell should do a Celtic and ask never to have this guy ref a well game again.

if we dont appeal that then we may as well just not bother playing anymore. The standard of refs in this country is a disgrace. No doubt the ref will change his story to ensure he looks correct, i.e. he threatened me blah blah. It was obvious jennings was only trying to get his attention, and any ref who knows the game would know jennings was claiming in desperation, hardly a crime and a half decent ref would have to him to not be so stupid and f off. They want respect, no chance after that performance.

If you can get sent off for touching a ref then the game is over. It's quite clear watching the replays that the referee does not react to any verbals but reacts to being touched and brandishes the red card. He couldn't wait to do it. Respect is a two way street and has to be earned. tonight, from our point of view, it wasn't.

Sadly the referee will make up some report to try and cover what is clearly an abysmal decision.

Game is almost up thanks to the confession of McDonald. We all know that if a ref makes a shocking decision, the report will be tweaked to ensure no comeback. Integrity and respect my erse. Perhaps, it's time for the players to go on strike until the refs sort themselves out. The players union is quick to get their faces on TV for none payment of wages, but what about standing up for their players where issues like tonight arise.

I thought it was a straight red for that.

What, for tapping him on the shoulder to get his attention? If you thought that, why are you still watching football?

Like I have read elsewhere, if a Celtic player had got sent of for that there would be a full enquiry (and resulting strike...) that would last for months. What will be said of this. Fuck all because it is only a wee pointless diddy team.

He should be sacked. End of. Making stuff up to fit your own ego is not his job. Making objective calls in a game of football is. The red card was purely personal, nothing objective about it. He was chocking to show the players/fans/fellow refs who the big man was all game and took the slightest excuse to do it.

If you actually watched the game the so called second penalty was on the edge of the box so therefore not a penalty but a free kick should have been given. The refs wonder why they get little respect after a performance like that! Motherwell should do a Celtic and ask never to have this guy ref a well game again.

This annoys me, people being pedantic as fuck when they are wrong. The foul was most definitely committed on the line and the forward motion carried the players into the box. By the letter of the law, if there was an infringement and the ref blew, it was a penalty.

Some referee's are qualified, He is Not!,

I must say I am sceptical about him... He, at every opportunity, pointed to his SFA patch as if to say it's his game to play.... I wonder If he wanted to give anything our way tonight. He wasn't having it. That red Card will cost him his career I think, or at least it should. No even a sunday league ref who is afraid of All kinds of Fricken Germs is that fucking upset with being brushed by THREE fingers on the arm.

I'm sick fed up of Scottish fitba. First we get shafted by our manager, then we get shafted by a referee that clearly didn't like us.

Even besides the penalty and red card incidents, they had players diving all over the shop and half assaulting half our players and get nothing.

Shit like that makes me not want to go and waste my money anymore.

Yet another power-mad ref, typical of Scottish football. To be honest, we shouldn't be surprised at how shocking he was as he is just another in the long line of shite refs we have seen this season. The look on his face when he went to send Jennings off was one of "how dare you even remotely touch me" Hopefully he goes on permanent strike.

Refs who are desperate to be in the limelight and continually produce shocking performances are another reason why people don't want to pay the money to watch Scottish football.

I'm sick fed up of Scottish fitba. First we get shafted by our manager, then we get shafted by a referee that clearly didn't like us.

Even besides the penalty and red card incidents, they had players diving all over the shop and half assaulting half our players and get nothing.

Shit like that makes me not want to go and waste my money anymore.

the thing is you might think that way, but im sure many probably already dont go for that reason, as well as sitting in the freezing cold! Our stadium was empty tonight for two top six teams in the top league.

Making stuff up to fit your own ego is not his job. Making objective calls in a game of football is. The red card was purely personal, nothing objective about it. He was chocking to show the players/fans/fellow refs who the big man was all game and took the slightest excuse to do it.

That's it in a nutshell. Tonight was all about his ego and his chance to show off in front of the telly cameras. "Look at me, I'm Ray Liotta oot Goodfellas, no-one messes with me".