Surreal

beesher

From where I sit in the East Stand the red card was even more perplexing, he never even looked to see who was "Touching " by the time he turned around the red card was already in his hand and on the way up in the air.

Its a straight red therefore we can appeal it, if we dont then we deserve all we get.

Stevie O Reillys' performance tonight is the worst I've ever seen (and I've seen some shite refs). He was very one sided in his decision making, as for his assistants well they'd have been as well watching on Sky for all the fucking use they were.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick fed up of Scottish fitba. First we get shafted by our manager, then we get shafted by a referee that clearly didn't like us.

Even besides the penalty and red card incidents, they had players diving all over the shop and half assaulting half our players and get nothing.

Shit like that makes me not want to go and waste my money anymore.

I said the same to my dad tonight walking away from the game. I'm just not enjoying this any more. Ebvery game this season at home we have had really bad bad ref's. Games a bogey, the baws burst, turn the lights out on yer way out etc etc etc.

Completely and utterly scunnered by a game that when we walk away all we are talking about is the useless inept referee.

RESPECT..... they want RESPECT. They do not deserve one iota of RESPECT.

Keys boss the refs have won, Scottish football is dying on its arse. I give up.

Yet another power-mad ref, typical of Scottish football. To be honest, we shouldn't be surprised at how shocking he was as he is just another in the long line of shite refs we have seen this season. The look on his face when he went to send Jennings off was one of "how dare you even remotely touch me" Hopefully he goes on permanent strike.

Refs who are desperate to be in the limelight and continually produce shocking performances are another reason why people don't want to pay the money to watch Scottish football.

His looks Showed Exactly of what he thought of Jenno. Hearts players that touched him like that during the match never even got a look at.

I said the same to my dad tonight walking away from the game. I'm just not enjoying this any more. Ebvery game this season at home we have had really bad bad ref's. Games a bogey, the baws burst, turn the lights out on yer way out etc etc etc.

Completely and utterly scunnered by a game that when we walk away all we are talking about is the useless inept referee.

Never ever thought I'd hear myself say it, but I agree with you. If I don't go to another game this season, it's not gonna bother me in the slightest, apart from the slight guilty feeling from having MFC lose my money.

the thing is they are making an erse of even easy decisions, like blocking a quick free kick, which in any other game i've seen is a booking to the player doing it. Much like Thompson, not sending off or booking the Hamilton player for denying a goal scoring opportunity. Player a trips someone and is booked, player B trips someone and nothing! No consistancy.

The best refs in the world talk to players.

Just goes to show that all this trying to keep in with refs and not criticising them by our club, has really helped not!

To be fair, I've been half arsed about it all for a couple of years - perhaps more to do with living away from the shire right enough, but you won't be alone. Sadly though, and I do mean sadly, there will be 2,000 fans who would pay double their Season Ticket price just to have something to do, so if you think that anything will change by you, me and most of the punters you know giving up and sitting on our fannies all Saturday you are mistaken. What's Matt's book called again? :tumbleweed:

couldnt see the penalty claims but thats besides the point with the constant lack of fouls given that stopped us from playing our fast paced game which were always given for to hearts if they were in the same situation. the play on from the free kick block was shockin not to get a retake and a booking for skacel. Cant actually describe how much of a dick that ref is for giving jennings that straight red. Also his yellow in the first ten mins for his first tackle in the game just goes to show that all he wanted to do was parade himself as the big man. utter disgrace...

Refs wanted a wage rise; they got it. Refs don't want to talk to the media?; nae bother. Refs don't want pre-match pressure put on them; consider it done. Refs fed up with after match stick; they went on strike to get it. Refs want respect from everyone or else; the SFA and SPL simply give in.

See the pattern here? The refs get everything yet give nothing back. After that holocaust of a 'performance' tonight its time the game stood up to these ego-maniacs, who obviously believe they are the most important people in the game.

As a club Motherwell FC MUST raise issues with Stevie O'Reilly's display tonight. He got some very easy things wrong and seemed intent to punish us at every turn, whilst ignoring similar offences by Hearts. His arrogance was staggering, and is it any wonder our players were losing the plot? How can you expect players to show respect and maintain discipline when a ref like that showed no respect to them, and was very one-sided with many of his decisions, or in some cases non-decisions.

I have never been so angry and disillusioned with fitba as I am tonight.

Say what you like about him, but if he hadn't been such a clown we'd struggle to remember this game. The referee should never be the star of any football match but what does it say about the standard of skill on show that the referee was the strongest influence on the game followed by Kevin Kyle...

Simply stunned and really fed up with the all about the refs, its the players and fans game ffs. If the refs want to fuk off and strike then fine, no great loss to the game by this standard. Im sorry Motherwell but too close to crimbo, too cold, too expensive and after tonight's display by the ref im GLAD I STAYED IN THE PUB. NOT MUCH OF A FAN BUT WHY SHOULD I BOTHER AFTER A MEDIOCRE REFFERING DISPLAY LIKE THAT.

GAMES A BOGEY

only thing i"ve seen of tonights game is the sending off, You,ve got to be fecking kidding :unsure: Imagine Kenny Miller or Hooper getting that red card in an old firm game,the phone ins would go into meltdown. Forget the result,forget the performance. that is the biggest pile of shite i have ever seen. Sums up scottish football at the moment , what is the point of any of it

that was 1 of the worst decisions i've seen.the ref turned and gave him a look as if 'who do you think you are touching me' and couldnae get the red out quick enough.the freekick was pish as well as the ref even looked like he was looking at it and decides to give it to them because we complain.1 of the worst performances i've seen and the red should be appealed against and should surely be over turned although no doubt as others have said the refs report will differ from what actually happened. :unsure:

And why did they get a free kick when we were protesting whe the Hearts player blocked a free kick whilst standing 1 yard away?

Not for a second saying he was right but we took the free kick - it hit the Hearts player, fannybaws isnae watching and I have to assume neither of his linesmen were either so he doesn't see it. Blackman then balls at him with the game in progress so he has to stop the game to shut him up and gave them a free kick because of dissent. Which after the first cock up was the right thing to do technically but if he'd kept his eye on the ball none of it would have happened.

Got to say every other time we've had him I thought he was a pernickity wee gobshite but perfectly consistent and even handed. Tonight he was consistent that every decision he gave seemed to be a soft free kick to Hearts.

And the red card, unless Jennings was actually being verbally offensive to him which only two people know if he was or not was an absolute joke. But we did totally lose our discipline, more so in shape than clattering people in the last 25 and even when things are going against you we need to man up and beef up to it more than that.

Good news is we were due to have him for the postponed Killie game as well and they usually keep the refs for rearranged ones. So to look forward to that.

And to Dougie McDonald, Craig Thomson, Charlie Richmond, Calum Murray, and the rest - I'm sorry. You lot are immense compared to that pillock tonight. Come back and we'll be nicer to you every week I promise.

Not for a second saying he was right but we took the free kick - it hit the Hearts player, fannybaws isnae watching and I have to assume neither of his linesmen were either so he doesn't see it. Blackman then balls at him with the game in progress so he has to stop the game to shut him up and gave them a free kick because of dissent. Which after the first cock up was the right thing to do technically but if he'd kept his eye on the ball none of it would have happened.

Got to say every other time we've had him I thought he was a pernickity wee gobshite but perfectly consistent and even handed. Tonight he was consistent that every decision he gave seemed to be a soft free kick to Hearts.

And the red card, unless Jennings was actually being verbally offensive to him which only two people know if he was or not was an absolute joke. But we did totally lose our discipline, more so in shape than clattering people in the last 25 and even when things are going against you we need to man up and beef up to it more than that.

Good news is we were due to have him for the postponed Killie game as well and they usually keep the refs for rearranged ones. So to look forward to that.

And to Dougie McDonald, Craig Thomson, Charlie Richmond, Calum Murray, and the rest - I'm sorry. You lot are immense compared to that pillock tonight. Come back and we'll be nicer to you every week I promise.

You don't give a free kick for dissent. He stopped the game for an off the ball incident. Should've been a bounce ball.