Vs Falkirk

Busta Nut

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we are to harbour any ambition of reaching top 6 then 3 points is essential, even though they are currently 4 places below us its only 9 points its the old "six pointer " cliche for them.

And bear in mind ICT may bounce back with new manager syndrome where a new boss suddeny gets results from the same players , we'e seen it so many times.

I'm taking nothing for granted and would plead with every steelman to be there on saturday and get right behind the team.

You would like to think after the United game that at home against, you could say ,lesser opposition we should just roll out an easy 2-0 victory.

It is NEVER that easy though eh? :P

I'm sure we would all have taken 4 points from United away and Falkirk at home so it makes me think we will do that, just not the way we thought and draw this game which will leave us on a bit of a downer...

Hoping I am wrong and we should just go out and pump this mob, hoping DC scores in front of the home fans too, been a while.

I not going to make the game as a friend of mine who calls himself a Motherwell fan is getting married (on the day of a home game!!!)

The bad news last time I missed a game for a wedding we lost 5-4, I'm hoping for a different result and another 3 points.

I have to say this is one game I generally look forward to, as, on the odd occasion I have nmanaged to get to a game there has been plenty of incident and goals. The 4-2 game during the 1991 Cup winning run was a classic, but we beat them by the same score in the league the following season and that was another great game. A few years later we beat them 5-3 at Fir Park and that was some game, I remember a 3-3 game a couple of years back which had came after we beat them 4-2 at Fir park earlier in the season, and then there was the 5-0 victory a few years ago.

I dont recollect ever attending a bad game with Falkirk, maybe I've just been lucky.

Here's hoping for three points and a feast of goals.

Falkirk are a weird team due to the fact they always give teams a tougher game than their league position indicates. Massive under-achievers when you consider how good the football they frequently play is.

As for predictions- after Saturday I think it's an absolute shot in the dark. We seem to have gotten ourselves out of that massive black hole we were in last month however the fear is still there. Confidence will be running high and the belief is back by the looks of things so I reckon we'll put 2 or 3 past them. 3-1 Motherwell.

You would like to think after the United game that at home against, you could say ,lesser opposition we should just roll out an easy 2-0 victory.

It is NEVER that easy though eh? :P

I'm sure we would all have taken 4 points from United away and Falkirk at home so it makes me think we will do that, just not the way we thought and draw this game which will leave us on a bit of a downer...

Hoping I am wrong and we should just go out and pump this mob, hoping DC scores in front of the home fans too, been a while.

That's what makes following the 'Well so frustrating and magic at the same time! Falkirk haven't won in ages, we've sky high confidence following last weekend, so it'll be impossible to guess this one. Love it if we romped it and kept them firmly down in the basement.

Massive under-achievers when you consider how good the football they frequently play is.

But do they really play good football? Many folk, especially in the media say this. Any time I've seen them in recent times though they haven't exactly turned on the silky soccer. All too often they've relied on the long ball to man mountain Michael Higdon.

Against us in their recent 1-0 victory at Falkirk they were pretty dull and uninspiring.

Still maybe I've undersold them and they'll turn on the style on Saturday.

But do they really play good football? Many folk, especially in the media say this. Any time I've seen them in recent times though they haven't exactly turned on the silky soccer. All too often they've relied on the long ball to man mountain Michael Higdon.

Against us in their recent 1-0 victory at Falkirk they were pretty dull and uninspiring.

I think that's part of their problem, they are inconsistant and constantly go from one extreme to the other. I have only seen full matches once or twice this season and I agree with you, they have been pretty uninspiring but seen plenty of highlights and they are capable of putting together outstanding passages of play by the looks of it.

One goal stuck out a mile and I canny mind who it was against, might have been hibs in november but they patiently strung together about 20 odd one touch passes before scoring. Their first game of the season against Rangers sticks in my memory too, they were fantastic that day.

I'm looking forward to Saturday regardless of how they play, if they are pish we'll hump them and if they are on form then it'll be an outstanding game.

Both situations assuming we pick up where we left off against Dundee United of course!

I'd agree with that. I don't see where they get all the praise from. Maybe it's because John Hughes is becoming the new media darling in the league taking over from John Lambie, purely because he always speaks his mind and i always good for a story?

Anyway, anytime I've seen Falkirk at Fir Park they have been one of the worst teams I'v seen. Constant high balls upto the strikers and complete kick and rush football.

I see no point in changing a team that played so well at Tannadice, so Las will have to make do with a seat on the bench.

In terms of how I see the game going, I reckon we'll either nick it by a goal and struggle, or play them off the park and hammer them! No middle ground with the Well usually!

I do think we'll win though, however we do it.