Vs Falkirk

Busta Nut

An excellent take on the game there from EL GREW. Hughes is not giving us 100% and should be dropped. Both Quinn and Fitzpatrick couldn't find there own arses with both hands and the crosses into the box 2nd half from wide areas was pish O'Brian was another . He's a really annoying player to watch as he gets himself into decent positions because of his pace and frequently fecks it up.Why was Sutton not brought on instead of Murphy? Having said all that we should've won this at least 2-1 and Fitzy's pish header in the 1st half with no keeper in was as bad a miss as i've EVER seen. :D .Bring on the Hibees next sat. :wallbash: .

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As many others have said, a classical smash and grab, down to us not taking our chances more than anything else. Will we ever see the likes of Fizzys and Porters misses with the goal gaping in one game ever again?

Ach well, focus on the positives which were for me wee Stevie, who was scintillating in attack until he was brutally fouled out of the game, Ports (as always) and Klimpl who is fast becoming our best midifeld holding player/destroyer since oooooohhh... Simo or Psycho?

Onwards and upwards...

How Falkirk escaped with a point beggars belief, but that they did - In many ways we only have ourselves to blame as we certainly had the chances, but don't want to be too critcal, as I reckoned we put in a decent performance against relatively poor opposition

On the basis of Falkirk's last two games, it appears that the introduction of Presley has Bogi thinking of playing with 5 at the back - long may that continue cos they'll continue to get raped back there - how in God's name did Barr ever attract enough attention to be in Scotland squads :D - little else through their team and rely almost entirely on the ball hoofed long and high enough to come down covered in snow - Inverness may yet have a escape root (have to admit though, what a strike for their goal :wallbash: )

By all accounts, not as good a performance as last week, but the run continues and no reason to fear Hibs next week

MON RA DOSSERS

An excellent take on the game there from EL GREW. Hughes is not giving us 100% and should be dropped. Both Quinn and Fitzpatrick couldn't find there own arses with both hands and the crosses into the box 2nd half from wide areas was pish O'Brian was another . He's a really annoying player to watch as he gets himself into decent positions because of his pace and frequently fecks it up.Why was Sutton not brought on instead of Murphy? Having said all that we should've won this at least 2-1 and Fitzy's pish header in the 1st half with no keeper in was as bad a miss as i've EVER seen. :D .Bring on the Hibees next sat. :wallbash: .

Another one that only sees the bad in players, you mention the miss by Fitzy, but never mention the one Porter missed in the 2nd half.

No doubt your one of these that moans for the 90 minutes about Fitzy being in the team, typically you will see yourself as some kind of tactical mastermind as well.

One of the dirtiest teams I've ever seen. But the ref allowed them to do it. Utter shitebag, they really do deserve all the criticism they get, and then some. He seemed content to let the challenges get worse and worse and even with the stretcher coimg on several times, still didn't clamp down on anything! The Barr challenge and McBride (who is an utter scumbag) were straight reds. Unbelievable.

Having said that, the ref didn't make Fitzy miss sitter of the season. Unforgivable really. The O'Brien effort that came off the bar was really unlucky, Porter should've done better, considering the goalie didn't get a touch.

In the end, same old, same old from Mothewell. After hammering a good side away from home, we were't able to beat a shite Falkirk at home. I've seen it all before. Very frustrating as we were the only team out there.

Their equaliser was a peach but questions marks throughout it. How did they end up with a free-kick that commenced the move? My attention must have gone as Craggs got treatment but it seemed to be a throw-in? Shouts for offside too before Holden finished it brilliantly you have to say.

Didnt any one notice, after craigan was totally assulted the ball went out for a throw. Falkirk player proceeds to kick ball which leads to there goal. Part of East stand i was in was in an up roar. I know refs have a hard job but ever since the respect by managers thing has come into play they are ripping the piss even more so with there decisicions.

Does anyone know what John Hughes was saying to fans in the Phil O'Donnell stand when Hammell was being treated? It looked like he was finding it all highly amusing, which was crass insensitivity when our player was being lifted onto a stretcher. But then again, when he sends out a team of thugs like he did today, why am I surprised at such an attitude?

It was a bad one, but not as bad as your trying to make out. It's not like it was a totally open goal, there was a defender on the line who, from some reason, he tried to lob with the header rather than put it to the side.

Was it worse than Port's? It seemed to me his was much closer in, paractically on the line.

I have to agree with Moe Green and Jonesy. It's so frustrating when people like Dewell criticise players like Fizzy for missing what was a sitter (but not the worst i've ever seen) yet they will forgive Porter (a striker the last time I looked) for a similar misdemeanour.

It's really quite pathetic. If you don't like the guy then far enough but don't make things out worse than they are and get off his back for once!!

Smith, had a good save or two, thats about all he had too do.

Hammell, man of the match till he had to go off. Disgraceful elbow from Barr, however, from where i was sitting it looked more like he fell into hammell more than anything.

Quinn, First half was direct contrast to the second. Had little to defend and got well up the park. His brilliant over the top pass for Porter should have been sunk and should Fitzy have done with the re-bound. Second half, Dismal.

Reynolds, Had some shakey moments but the ammount of covering he had to do for Craigan was shocking.

Cragian, Controlled the defence well and nearly ko'd himself by nutting a Falkirk player.

Klimpl, Solid yet again. As deft a touch you'll see when it was needed and also took the game by the scruff of the neck when it got a bit hairy. If it wasn't for his yellow I think one of their players would have been stretchered off.

Hughes, shite. the occasional good touch but the ammount of times he let the ball run by him was unreal.

Fitzpatrick, did all the uncredited stuff. Dug deep at times and was often in good positions but not used. Should have bagged the first goal at the re-bound form Porters effort.

O'Brien, My Motm. His crossing begged to get a man on the end of them but it was hardly the case. Thought his shot at the end was destined to go in. Only flaw was trying too hard at times.

Clarkson, Solid display and a magnificent headed goal. His inabillity to utilise his pace really annoys me.

Porter, Possibly the best forward i've seen in a Motherwell shirt. Did all that was asked of him but he really should have got a goal.

Subs

Lasley, Done well when he came on, fought for the ball alongside klimpl. Think he went out to show that he should have started... I think Hughes will be dropped next week.

Murphy, had no time to do anything.

Also,

All credit to the Falkirk goal. Outstanding strike.

Im not anti- Marc Fitzpatrick i think he's got a lot to offer but that header was 4 yards out and no one near him. The Porter header he got clobbered by one of their thug defenders and where i was sitting in the Phil O'Donnel was the reason he missed it. Will have to wait to see the highlights on Setanta mind you to be sure.

Didnt any one notice, after craigan was totally assulted the ball went out for a throw. Falkirk player proceeds to kick ball which leads to there goal. Part of East stand i was in was in an up roar.

It was a throw-in. Unfortunately it was just another instance in an inept refereeing performance. That spineless wanker was a disgrace.

We had chances, didn't take them and suffered accordingly. The ref and Falkirk seemed intent on spoiling everything today but we should have had the game wrapped up.

Falkirk went down in my estimation today, a shower of cloggers. If I was a Bairns fan I'd be worried that Hughes sees this as their only hope. Disappointing.

Fitzy's pish header in the 1st half with no keeper in was as bad a miss as i've EVER seen. :D

How come you slate Fitzy yet our 'main man - no 9' Chris Porter gets away with missing the EXACT SAME glaring chance at a more crucial point in the game?

Got some agenda on Marc do ye?

Anyway, If any1 had said to me before last Sat that we would have a 1-1 and a 4-0 over the two games I would have bitten your hand of, just the Motherwell way to get the scorelins in the opposite fixtures you figured they would.... :P

To be fair it looked to me like the ball came to Marc too high to be able to get above it and head down...he had no option but to try and "lob" the defender on the line. Obviously like to see it again in the highlights, but I dont think he had as much of an option as you'd initially think.

Why was Sutton not brought on instead of Murphy?

Totally agree with this. For a start Murphy hasn't done anything of note for months and is in danger of being exposed to too much too young.

Besides that we actually played after Porter when off without a striker when we were putting pressure on Falkirk and should have been trying to win. However, there was nothing in the box to aim at and we never really looked like scoring the winner in the last 10 minutes (+5).

Poor decision by McGhee. Even if he didn't want Sutton on, put on Darren Smith who has at least the height and strength to win a header in the box.

I thought Falkirk were shocking today and the referee merely served to encourage them them by failing to clamp down on their nasty tactics. Certainly the dirtiest side I've seen at FP this season. Perhaps John Hughes' pre match comments on officials put the ref under pressure. Once again Falkirk still haven't produced the flowing football the media claims they are capable of.

Still overall I'm happy with a point given it was day on which little was ever going to go right. Its the kind of game we've usually lost in the past. The pitch was awful and was cut up badly even before kick off.

Once again another manager (even John Hughes) is able to detect a weakness down our left side. We were unlucky though when Stevie Hammell had to retire and that upset the midfield balance.

Some reasonable performances but Klimpl and Quinn had decent enough games.

I was very disappointed in Falkirks tactics today. As a player John Hughes wasn't the sort of guy you'd want to go into a 50/50 with but some of the challenges from his players today were nothing short of cowardly. Going through the back of players on the deck as well as at headers, late challenges etc. Being a local boy Kevin McBride should know better than try to hurt people when they're least expecting it as it may well come back to haunt him judging by some of the comments I heard today.

Darren Barr, for one, was very fortunate to remain on the pitch today and not just for poleaxing Stevie Hammell. He also lashed out with his arm at either Marc Fitzpatrick or Keith Lasley (I can't recall which one) in front of the POD Stand. It was certainly far worse than Davie Clarkson's raised arm against Celtic at Parkhead when he was red carded.

I was very disappointed in Falkirks tactics today. As a player John Hughes wasn't the sort of guy you'd want to go into a 50/50 with but some of the challenges from his players today were nothing short of cowardly. Going through the back of players on the deck as well as at headers, late challenges etc. Being a local boy Kevin McBride should know better than try to hurt people when they're least expecting it as it may well come back to haunt him judging by some of the comments I heard today.

To be fair if we had been in Falkirk's position I'd have been wanting us to do something similar. It was down to the referee to keep a grip on the game and stop it getting out of hand and he completely failed to do so. There was no authority from him whatsoever.

As for McBride, he was laughing his head off as he jogged back after nearly snapping Hammell in two.