Vs Falkirk

Busta Nut

Have to say both Fitzy and Ports should've scored. Bad misses, but both would know it.

Nail on the head Ricky.

As he's a striker I'm surprised more at Porters miss, as he has been playing well of late. I would have put my mortgage on him scoring that one especially with his head.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nail on the head Ricky.

As he's a striker I'm surprised more at Porters miss, as he has been playing well of late. I would have put my mortgage on him scoring that one especially with his head.

Very difficult as he was being pushed all the way and ended up clattering the post :woop:

All the press reports I've read today absolve Falkirk from any wrong doing pretty much aswell, and are, by and large, written from their point of view. There's no point in reading the papers. None of the jounalists are interested in reporting the truth, every single story has a spin/glarying omissions from it.

What we really need is a journalist who's going to come out and say "So Hughes, your were greeting like fuck last week over some decisions you felt went against you, so let's see you defend your tactics and your thug like players today? You got away murder from start to finish today. Discuss"

Or maybe, the journos don't really care as much about it as our supporters do. They need to squeeze their match report into limited space (and likewise with the highlights) and felt it wasn't as big a factor as the chances we squandered.

I agree on both counts, insofar as they couldn't fit in a run-down of the various hefty (to euphemise it) challenged. However, it would easily have been possible to put in a line about the number of dangerous challenges that went in, if the reporters/subs had wanted to. However, the closest allusion to this was the Sunday Mail quote about the ref losing control, and even then it doesn't tell you much.

Just because professionalism prompted our manager to play it down doesn't mean that the journalists, supposedly objective and looking in from the outside, need to do the same. However, it is fair to say that MMcG is always courteous enough to give a reasoned quote to a reporter, whereas Hughes is just as likely to give a headline-making rant as he is to fall out with a reporter/paper, so maybe the journalists are playing safe and ensuring that there is no chance they will miss out on his soundbites in the future.

Doesn't make it right, though. :woop::lol:

Very difficult as he was being pushed all the way and ended up clattering the post :woop:

you must have been quite far away mate as he had headed the ball before the push and he was a good 5 yards from the post, its one of the few incidents the BBC highlights above do show clearly.

A dissapointing miss from the big man but clearly he'll be as dissapointed as we are

It was either the Scottish Mail on Sunday which I read late last night, or the Scottish Daily Mail (early this morning) that pretty much agreed with most of the views on here, and went as far as saying that barring Inverness toiling, Falkirk would\will be in danger of going down.

It also put paid to the myth of the flowing football. It's about time it was recognised :notworthy:

We've not always been pretty to watch, but by and large, we were honest enough to admit it.

MON RA DOSSERS