Bookies Investigate Red Card

Mic2904

Personally I thought Jennings first booking was harsh. His automatic red, if it was for touching, was unfiar. If it was for swearing at ref etc. was justified.

However how will we find out?

Are Hearts and/or the ref doing something underhand? We'll never know!!

Is Jennings guilty? Again we'll never know !!

The question is - how can you guarantee Jennings is innocent? We can't - so lets move on !!!

No one but the ref could know how bad and unbiased he could be.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biased ref theres a shocker !!!!!

not looking great for jennings but in all honesty if he has he wont be the first or the last thats manipulated betting in football.

thing is the ref has had no part of this yet, its obvious that if he is involved that hes being wrapped up in cotton wool and put back in the cupboard. the sfa will be thorough in there dismissal of any involvement by the referee and thorough to show that one of there senior clubs has wrong doing in it. as it stands the sfa are investigating jennings no word of ref or even a hearts player being involved. shame on the sfa for not backing all parties till shown otherwise.

jennings will be tarred with a reputation now and will find it hard to clear his name all because some bookie reported unregular betting patterns.

celtic fan in the pub said what about jennings and the betting shit ? i replied what about that wee troll looking c**t and the sfa licking his arse no reply !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think ref from Edinburgh. Pretty sure from a few of my pals, he's local to me and his kid is in st xxxxxxxxxxx at the end of my street. You would presume a celtic man perhaps from that, and so you wouldn't guess at any Hearts favouritism. I just think hes generally a wee nyaff. Apparently he walks pass my house every day, but despite sitting up with my general armoury, I aint seen him yet :rolleyes:

STUART McCALL last night backed Steve Jennings as Motherwell told the SFA where to go over Betgate.

The former Scotland and Rangers star had barely been unveiled at Fir Park after signing a two-and-a-half-year deal when it emerged his club were blanking desperate pleas from the Hampden hierarchy.

Record Sport understands SFA bosses sent a letter to the Fir Park outfit begging them to suspend Jennings who is at the centre of a probe into suspicious betting patterns relating to a recent Well match.

The Scouse midfielder has been banned for the last two games after his red card two weeks ago and will serve the final match of his suspension when the side visit Hamilton tomorrow.

McCall, though, will use him at the first available opportunity in next Sunday's Scottish Cup tie at Dundee, despite the SFA looking for the player to be sidelined as the investigation continues.

The Fir Park outfit are adamant Jennings is innocent until proven guilty and McCall said: "Until someone qualifies these rumours, then it's ridiculous. I've already spoken to the lad about it.

"I actually tried to get him at Bradford because I thought he was a smashing player.

"I've sat down with the kid and all he wants to do is get out and play football.

"He's not been able to do that because of the suspension but he's a good type and I just want him back on the park.

"Unless someone is going to say, 'Bang, there's the evidence' we need to get him focused on football.

"He's been missed and because he's not had the chance to play it's hard to move on from this. If you're on the park things quickly get forgotten.

"Sometimes he just needs an arm round his shoulder but the sooner he's back, the better."

Vice-chairman Derek Weir backed the new boss and said: "So far as Motherwell as a club are concerned, Steve will be available for selection for the Scottish Cup game against Dundee."

I'd agree, but if they are asking us to suspend a player then we should request that. Neither request should be made to be honest, but if it's good enough for them.......

Until some clear cut evidence is produced neither the player or the referee should be suspended. Jennings is only a target because of the location the bets were placed. I’m not sure which village, town or city the ref is from, but if they had been placed there, a similar request may have been made. I’m pretty sure the players union will have informed Jennings of his rights and that the SFA can legally do Sweet FA until some facts are produced. Until then, it’s business as usual.

It should be. But can you imagine, someone had placed a bet or three on Scott Brown getting a red card on Wednesday night within a few miles of his house? Would the SFA hae asked Celtic to suspend their captain whilst the investigatin continued? Not a f*cking chance.

Would the SFA hae asked Celtic to suspend their captain whilst the investigatin continued? Not a f*cking chance.

Probably not, but we have only a tabloid story to go on and maybe the SFA never made such a request. Just out of curiosity, is there any direct quotes, copies of emails/letters sent to Motherwell from the SFA in the article? If not, you can take anything the tabloids print with a pinch of salt. They are all about as accurate as the Bible. :wallbash:

This whole episode is pish. The key thing any investigation would have to show is that jennings deliberately got himself sent off. It can't be done and I don't think anyone believes he done that. So case closed move on.

Aside from that if there was possibly a case, all the evidence ( other than mentioned above ) should be readily available. Seems to have gone all quiet. Wonder why.

Just as a side note have the bookies actually paid out the money yet?

I always enjoy reading stories about when the bookies are so called "cheated". They should send some private investigators into their tax haven head offices, they will be well aware of enough non-triers and crooked races they take punters money on. If they want to create dubious betting markets, they should be prepared to pay out when foul play goes on (not that I'm saying it has in this case).

right. I have made the decision for them.

Jenno did feck all. the bookies are just pissed off and need someone to blame.

They have Zero Evidence so play it to the press for some sympathy and throw doubt on the lad.

Bookies - Feck off.

SPL - Feck off.

Jenno - Innocent.

Game on.