So, What Did Jenno Actually Say?

fizoxy

We now know that he was sent of for foul and abusive language. So, what could he have said that provoked such a reaction, considering players always seem to be swearing at refs on the telly? All the sweary words are kind of normal now, other than count, so did he say that?

I think nethertonwellfan's (I think it was him, searching takes too long ) "I am going to rape you and your family" is the best suggestion so far, but was wondering if there were any other suggestions.

Or did he just question the ref's integrity? They don't like that.

I agree. Jennings didn't "chase" the Referee around the park as was suggested in several reports, he more or less stood on the same spot. His body language suggested anything other than a mad tirade. Given the speed at which the Referee got the card out, he almost pissed himself in excitement, suggested a lot more sinsiter than just a few sweary words (which are more likely to have came from the clown with the cards).

from repeatedly watching the replay i still actually reckon he sent him off for tapping his arm

I agree. He didn't seem malicious in his action, he just tapped him on the arm then prob asked why wasn't that a penalty. Ref couldn't get that card out quick enough.

STEVE JENNINGS last night issued a grovelling apology to ref Stevie O'Reilly - as a betting storm erupted around his Fir Park red card.

Motherwell midfielder Jennings was sent off for foul, abusive and offensive language as Well lost 2-1 to Hearts on Tuesday night.

Jennings, now stunned to be at the centre of a bookies probe surrounding the controversial dismissal, lost the plot as he claimed for a penalty.

Jennings said: "I've looked again at the incident and the Hearts lad clearly won the ball.

"It was the right decision by the ref and my reaction was a heat of the moment thing.

"I should have had a bit more about me to keep myself in check.

"I felt lower than low at the end and I went looking for the referee.

"I think he thought I was coming to have another go at him.

"But I went in and apologised.

"I said I'd seen the tape again and that I was out of order.

"I shook his hand and gave him a 100 per cent apology.

"The ref said he was glad I'd done that."

But Jennings is adamant he should not have been sent packing.

The 26-year-old is now facing a three-match ban.

Jennings - who'd been booked in the first half - crashed through the disciplinary points barrier after O'Reilly flashed a straight red with eight minutes left.

He will now miss Saturday's trip to Aberdeen, but could return to face Rangers on Boxing Day.

However, he will be suspended for Well's games against Celtic on December 29, and the Ne'erday derby against Hamilton.

Jennings added: "I apologised to the ref for speaking to him like that, but I still believe my red card was a bit unnecessary.

"He could have easily said: 'Shut up it wasn't a penalty', and given me a warning.

"He also booked me for my first tackle.

"It was late, but it wasn't malicious.

"He said he'd let Stephen Craigan away with one and he couldn't let me off.

"I told him I wasn't Craigan and pointed out it was my first tackle.

"I have a hot temper at the best of times and things got the better of me.

"But he did me no favours with the red card because I can't afford to miss four games. I'm out of contract and we have a small squad. Also, a new manager could come in next week and I won't be in the team.

"But that's something I have to deal with.

"I let myself and my team-mates down and I have said sorry to them too."

Jennings - who had seen Hearts awarded a spot kick - admits the prospect of defeat was too much for him to bear.

Initially it seemed the Well star had been sent off for touching whistler O'Reilly's arm.

Advertisement

Quantcast

But last night Jennings owned up to launching a verbal tirade at the ref.

He said: "The frustration of the whole evening got too much for me at the end.

"Hearts had been awarded a penalty earlier in the game and I disagreed with that decision.

"Things get stored in your head and before the whole thing blew up I had given the ball away.

"That was in the back of my head too as I was appealing for a penalty.

"From my initial view it looked like a stonewaller.

"I've said to the ref: 'Any f*****g chance of giving us a penalty, son'.

"I also told him there were two teams on the park.

"Of course, I know I shouldn't have spoken to him like that.

"But I'm not the first player to swear at a ref and I won't be the last.

"I was maybe the victim of circumstances and timing.

"The refs in Scotland have been under a lot of pressure lately and they are trying to stamp this kind of thing out.

"They have to stand up and be strong because they have had a lot of unnecessary stick."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...l#ixzz18EWM9WND[/b]

hardly red card worthy considering what fletcher did to the ref during the arsenal game :lol:

well done Jennings for coming out and telling the truth, surely refs hear this stuff all the time and so the ref was just being an arsehole to stamp down some authority. I have no hard feelings towards Jennings as he was wearing his passion to win the game on his sleeve, also pretty funny!

"I've said to the ref: 'Any f*****g chance of giving us a penalty, son'.

"I also told him there were two teams on the park.

It would be interesting to hear what was said from the referees point of view as to me the above quotes don't merit the referee giving a straight red. Especially when the card was followed up by a "get to fuck".

If the club roll over and accept that sort of treatment without appealing the card or complaining about the referee then I doubt I'll be back any time soon. I can't justify paying good money to watch my team being cheated.

I'm disgusted if that is what Jenno has been sent off for saying! The little prick of a ref gas clearly over reacted to being touched bye him and is using this as a excuse! That is never a straight red and you would be struggling to justify a yellow in my opinion! His reading behind booking him for the 1st foul is down right disgusting also! But again as had been mentioned no appeal by the club, let's just take the staffing again!

Keys boss ah gie up!!!!!!

If the club roll over and accept that sort of treatment without appealing the card or complaining about the referee then I doubt I'll be back any time soon. I can't justify paying good money to watch my team being cheated.

Had he kept his mouth shut, we might have had a chance, but the club probably think there's no point when he's already admitted doing what he was sent off for and apologised to the ref for doing it.

Had he kept his mouth shut, we might have had a chance, but the club probably think there's no point when he's already admitted doing what he was sent off for and apologised to the ref for doing it.

In that case they should raise a complaint about the referee's foul and abusive language. If Jennings gets suspended then surely the referee should suffer the same punishment?