Aberdeen V Motherwell

scott_mfc

Got a ticket for this with a few of us originally planning to make the trip up, however I really don't see how it can be on.

If by some miracle it is, I really hope we give them a doing up there. However, being the charity case that we are, I am fearful a week with Knox will be enough for Aberdeen to get their finger out.

I'm not really expecting a dramatic improvement from what was served up on Tuesday, so going to go with a 1-1 draw.

Conditions were genuinely atrocious yesterday afternoon and evening. Ended up parking in a side street and walking the rest of the way home.

This morning, from about 6:30 onwards, most of the city was reduced to a standstill. Even Anderson Drive was barely passable.

And if you really need any more confirmation that the weather is horrendous in Aberdeen - our Head actually closed the school to all pupils and staff. That may be the first time he's ever done so.

Not unexpected. And I suspect that perhaps both clubs won't be too upset that its off either.

Assuming it doesn't get quickly rescheduled for midweek (there are some other SPL games on but I can't remember who) by the time we come to play them again its likely some of the sting of the situation may have been taken out of recent events.

A day on the sauce going to Aberdeen lends itself to some looser tongues than normal at the best of times but against the current backdrop with a larger than usual travelling support given the £5 tickets eager to let Brown and Knox know their feelings, I'm sure the board will be quietly relieved that the potential for our support to end up slaughtered in the media has been stopped, or at least much watered down.

A midweek travelling support in January or February, less folk going, many coming straight from and having to get up sharp for work the next day just isn't going to generate the same amount venom.

Aberdeen will ofcourse be pleased as it gives them extra time for Brown and Knox to impose their ideas on their shitty squad.