Fir Park - I'm Sorry But It's Time To Go

MJC_MKI

Not expecting miracles,just working toilets at the very least ,stands to be fit for purpose !!!!

I'm thinking that you are not old enough to remember the toilets in the corner of the old main stand & where the cooper stand is just now!

No-one complained, the 'pish' was running out onto the main road & everyone had to walk through it!

Man Up ya Dick :notworthy:

I'm thinking that you are not old enough to remember the toilets in the corner of the old main stand & where the cooper stand is just now!

No-one complained, the 'pish' was running out onto the main road & everyone had to walk through it!

Man Up ya Dick :D

and I'm thinking you have forgot it was only about two quid to get in

bring it all back and crowds will go up and complaints will go down :nod:

ya bawbag ^_^

Man Up ya Dick ^_^

I remember getting lifted over and getting in for fuck all so can we bring back the good stuff from the 'good old days' as well

I think the club deserve credit for getting the game on today. All that said I share the opinion of those who feel it shouldn't have been. The lack of a functional toilet and water coming into the East Stand was one a hazard and two disgusting. Not necessarily convinced that the age of the stadium is the sole factor in the pipes issue but it certainly didn't help with the leaking roof. The pipes could easily happen in a modern stadium, the roof wouldn't. And there was no red sauce to have with my pie.....

Yet it still comes a a close second to having Rangers and Motherwell fans sharing the same toilet facilities in the POD Stand. An 'accident' waiting to happen. Madness....but we know why it is being done.

Agreed. It wasn't very pleasant today, and I'm not referring to the plumbing.

No water in POD Stand toilets.

The staff did all they could as Alan Provan says, but the bottom line is that we need a new stadium.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for the club to do up fir park than spend ten million on a soulless basic st mirran type stadium at ravenscrag. we all love fir park, surely shes worth saving. A new stadium outside of motherwell will be the end for our club. People cant be bothered going to fir park so whats the chances of them making even more of an effort to go to a soulless lifeless boring ground at the craig. A few million investment into fir park would do wonders in my opinion. Also they should bring motherwell fc back into the community and not just talk about it. At the minute they dont give a fuck about the fans. Yesterday proved that. First things first though we need someone in who knows how to run a football club because them who are doing the job at the moment dont have a bloody clue and will kill this club by alienating the fans and the town even more. The fans of mfc are treated like shit by the club.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for the club to do up fir park than spend ten million on a soulless basic st mirran type stadium at ravenscrag. we all love fir park, surely shes worth saving. A new stadium outside of motherwell will be the end for our club. People cant be bothered going to fir park so whats the chances of them making even more of an effort to go to a soulless lifeless boring ground at the craig. A few million investment into fir park would do wonders in my opinion. Also they should bring motherwell fc back into the community and not just talk about it. At the minute they dont give a fuck about the fans. Yesterday proved that. First things first though we need someone in who knows how to run a football club because them who are doing the job at the moment dont have a bloody clue and will kill this club by alienating the fans and the town even more. The fans of mfc are treated like shit by the club.

:doh: Deary me.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for the club to do up fir park than spend ten million on a soulless basic st mirran type stadium at ravenscrag.

In a few words - not an option. Civil engineering and possibly planning contraints for starters. The site is very tight and wouldn't really lend itself to building a modern stadium. There's also the financial aspect - we'd need the proceeds of a sale to part fund any new development. Stay put and redevelop Fir Park and you've already lost several millions. Practicalities - where would we play when the demolition/construction work was taking place?

We can't even afford the wages for a new squad player never mind building a new stadium.

With some of our recent attendances and the attitude of fans who seem only to willing to chuck it we'll be lucky to survive.

There have been exceptional conditions for the last month that caused the problems yesterday.

Quit moaning about everything and get behind the club who are trying really hard in very difficult circumstances.

JB has made many fuck-ups over the years but if I was him and read that comment, I would say fuck the lot of them and take my cash and piss off somewhere else!

It's a business ffs that has very little income but huge risk and if we all still think there is some nice billionaire out there desperate to buy MFC then they better reopen Hartwood soon and find us all some beds!!!

We can't even afford the wages for a new squad player never mind building a new stadium.

With some of our recent attendances and the attitude of fans who seem only to willing to chuck it we'll be lucky to survive.

There have been exceptional conditions for the last month that caused the problems yesterday.

Quit moaning about everything and get behind the club who are trying really hard in very difficult circumstances.

Exactly. This is reality for Motherwell FC and as tough as this might be to take for some folk, there isn't anyone to blame. A quick look at the bank books would confirm that.