Accies V Well

mfc

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wins in 6 games and unable to beat the worst team in the SPL now in two games. I think on form we must be about second bottom of the SPL at present.

]

Current SPL form table..........

1Heart of Midlothian651040132+11162.67

2Rangers641111138+5132.17

3Celtic63303084+4122.00

4Kilmarnock632110117+4111.83

5Dundee United62312076+191.50

6St Johnstone62132439-671.17

7Inverness CT6132001011-161.00

8Aberdeen620414311-861.00

9St Mirren61231347-350.83

10Motherwell611411810-240.67

11Hibernian602412611-520.33

12Hamilton Academical601515110-910.17

From main site.......feck that is some stadium the Accies have now

Hamilton Clydedale Bank Premier League Rangers

Hamilton Motherwell

0 Goals 0

49% Possession 51%

7 Shots on target 2

2 Shots off target 4

4 Corners 5

18 Fouls 14

2 Offsides 3

2 Yellow cards 1

0 Red cards 0

Attendance: 40,750 ;)

Referee: Stevie O’Reilly

This isn't news but Chic Young is an annoying, useless wee knob. When asked at half time about the Accies Well game he just rattled on about how brilliant Aberdeen are and how they will be overtaking the Well shortly.

Said with glee before the game "Motherwell are on the slide". The annoying thing is he might be right.

+1

the last game was at NDP was a pay at the gate... I bumped a half ticket ;)

To be fair though you only got to see half the game :evilgrin:

Well that looks like 20 quid saved[AGAIN] although I don't get to many away games anyway, its been a poor few weeks for us well fans lets hope McCall gets us back to wining ways with a wee bit entertainment thrown in for good measure .One thing did give me a chuckle though Dundee united equalised with the last kick of the ball against the Dons .Craig and Archie :wank:

Just as well. Not even Sir Alex won his first 3 games as Dons boss. Imagine the hysteria if they ahd won today???

No wins in 6 games and unable to beat the worst team in the SPL now in two games. I think on form we must be about second bottom of the SPL at present.

However more worrying in the greater scheme of things is that people are expected to stump up £20 to sit in the freezing cold and watch something that two junior teams could serve up.

How can clubs expect to attract people to football when dross like this is being delivered and judging by the radio comments on the other two games they weren't much better.

Scottish football is haemorrhaging supporters and this kind of drivel at the prices being asked is not going to staunch things.

Spot on. Utter garbage. Hardly a shot on goal again. £20 is WAY too much money for the rubbish that was on show today. Not the fault of McCall....although Gow should have been hooked at halftime and Casagolda should have replaced Blakman MUCH sooner. I don't want to see Alan Gow in a Motherwell shirt again. Utter fraud that appears to becoming more of a liability.

Fair play to McCall for wearing shorts in January. Nutter.

Today was horrendous. We didn't match up to Hamilton at all. I'm at a loss as to why Fitzy wasn't playing instead of Hateley. Blackman just wasn't at the races and Gow would be fantastic if he had a bit of awareness of how the game is actually played.

They had Humphrey sussed from the get go and he was always going to be our attacking outlet. They stiffled us and compacted our whole team, which is why Imrie had so many runs against a backtracking defence.

We totally lack solidity in the centre of the park at the moment, and sadly I don't even think that's just down to Jennings being out.

Also, Not starting with Sutton against that defence is sheer madness.

Bloody awful game, again we seemed incapable of dealing with a side who just lump it forward and who are physical. Only Imrie offered anything resembling fitba from an Accies perspective.

We at times tried to play fitba, but fell sort most of the time. Too many poor passes in the final third, and not much supply to our forwards. Gow did give away a lot of ball, but was he any worse than Blackman?

Very disappointing 90 minutes, nae real fitba to speak of and only a point gleaned from a 'must win' clash. We need to show more physicality allied to our attempts to play fitba, otherwise we'll be bullied out of things every week.

The only positives were a clean sheet and an end to the losing run. Need to improve quickly though, or even achieving Top Six will become a tall order.

Bloody awful game, again we seemed incapable of dealing with a side who just lump it forward and who are physical. Only Imrie offered anything resembling fitba from an Accies perspective.

We at times tried to play fitba, but fell sort most of the time. Too many poor passes in the final third, and not much supply to our forwards. Gow did give away a lot of ball, but was he any worse than Blackman?

Very disappointing 90 minutes, nae real fitba to speak of and only a point gleaned from a 'must win' clash. We need to show more physicality allied to our attempts to play fitba, otherwise we'll be bullied out of things every week.

The only positives were a clean sheet and an end to the losing run. Need to improve quickly though, or even achieving Top Six will become a tall order.

Why is your writing so wee?

Another pish performance today. Gow was rank again and can get to fuck. If Blackmans attitude doesn't change there's not much point in extending his loan as he's not looked interested one bit in his last 3 starts. Good away support just a pity again at New Douglas Park we fail to put in a worthy performance.

I think Accies have been bottom of the table on each of the two occasions we've played them this season and bad as it is not having beaten them to not even have managed to find the net against them is really really poor.

The reaction that I had hoped for just didn't seem to be in evidence at all. The display was as laboured and timid as its been for the last few weeks. We simply do not look a threat going forward at all. Throw in a defence that's been creaking a bit recently then there's some sorting out for McCall to attend to.

Clearly Gow hasn't worked as well as hoped. I thought he hinted at offering something a bit different when he first arrived and appeared as if he would contribute a goal or two as well. But he has offered nothing of a goal threat for weeks and those glimpses of ability have been lost in attempts to dribble his way through six defenders at a time when a simple pass is more often than not on.

But he's not alone. We have several players who are turning performances that are pale imitations of what they have delivered earlier in the season yet at the same time we have John Sutton, who provides a large chunk of what little aggression our attack has starting from the bench.

But we'll see where we go from here. Not a particularly inspiring start at all but McCall ofcourse has barely had a chance to implement his ideas and style on the team so hopefuly we'll see things pick up in due course.

that was as bad a game of fitba i can remember it was trully awful.another game goes by were we created very little but lack of confidence is some of our players seems to be a problem even somebody like murphy he worked hard and tried things when he was on the ball but that wee spark is missing fae his game right now like a few others.if we play us bad as that next week were crashing out the cup so big improvement needed.

Its hard to know where to begin. Credit where its due Accies worked their socks off and closed us down quickly all over the pitch. Disappointingly we could never match their determination or work rate. Part of our problem, as it has been for some time now, is that the team is unbalanced. Its too lightweight and we can't afford to play 3 wingers and only one striker. Jamie Murphy is not suited to playing on the left and Alan Gow is never a centre forward. Despite having a fair bit of pressure, we never really looked dangerous.

All too often our lads chose the wrong option and couldn't play one the touch football that would have ripped Accies open. Our central midfield was slow and lightweight and didn't create anything or protect the defence. In the second half Lasley and Hately simply disappeared.

To anyone who wasn't there today, don't let the clean sheet fool you. Our defence was dire and only Accies' poor finishing prevented a hefty defeat. Sloppy, casual, and lightweight are all words that come to mind.

Its hard to fathom out why the same bunch of players were doing so well a few months ago. One or two lads today looked as though they'd rather be somewhere else and maybe they will be before the end of the month.

Stuart McCall has a big job on his hands to motivate and fire up this squad and thats before we start talking about actual performance. Something off the park just doesn't seem right.

The only posiitve I took from today was the hope that our new manager decided not to change anything too quickly and just let the same players play in their usual style. That will have to change and quick.

Managed to catch the game on Alba without knowing the score beforehand, tell you what McCall's going to have to go some to get me along to another 'Well game this season. I just cannae be arsed spending time and money to go and watch that garbage anymore. These guys can't string 3 passes together!! When you think you can pay 20 Euros to watch Barca play, or 15 Euros for just about any Serie A game you want!!

Far, far too many other things to spend money on than the pish Motherwell and the SPL in general is serving up.

I'm out.

Really cant argue with what anyone has said about today! That was bloody dire in the extreme! Every attack we had broke down when the ball went to Alan 'one man show' Gow! He couldnt retain the ball and for the second game against this mob has been completely ineffectual! Also Nick Blackman looks completely disinterested! Time to buck up or ship out son!

As has been mentioned Sutton made a difference when he came on, could actually hold the ball up and win a header! I'm really worried for the rest of the season! This really isn't good enough!

If form has deserted some players, then you would expect them to work harder. But recent efforts would indicate an attitude problem. Are the players in the huff?

Given the age of the team surely the senior players have some influence. So if there is an attitude problem, as it appears, then could that be down to Craigan who is the most senior player and club captain. You would think that if his attitude is right then by leading by example the rest would follow.

The players are better than recent showings, and it's time they rolled up the sleeves and got on with it.

Hope we tell Gow to sling his hook. The shite thing is that wee 'pishy-keks' will sign him for the sheepies and he'll put three by us! :wallbash:

It just seemed as though the players couldn't give a toss the day. It's a local derby and they didn't look interested. I hope big McCall gets some heart and passion back into the team and we play the way we did earlier in the season.

Being McCall has only just arrived this was probably Young's team selection more than McCall's. Like when Judas went to the sheep he had no input in the first game where they got humped 5-0. So for me i think there will be some changes in the next team selection when it's all McCall's team. The worrying thing is that if Utd win their games in hand we are down to 7th & not showing any signs of getting back into the top six.

On the plus side the mighty Well are unbeaten this decade :wallbash: