Accies V Well

mfc

Hope we tell Gow to sling his hook. The shite thing is that wee 'pishy-keks' will sign him for the sheepies and he'll put three by us! :wallbash: It just seemed as though the players couldn't give a toss the day. It's a local derby and they didn't look interested. I hope big McCall gets some heart and passion back into the team and we play the way we did earlier in the season.

I'd be delighted if Brown signed him. Utterly useless. An empty jersey for the vast majority of every match.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't made the last few matches for one reason or another, and I know that listening to games on the radio doesn't always paint a true picture of a game, but this sounds absolutely dire. Again.

I'm still hoping that 2011 restores my faith in football, because at this moment in time, in my 35 years as an attending Well fan, I've never been so skunnirt with the game.

Seems to me that perhaps the radio was describing it exactly as it was

I too am totally skunnirt with the football from prices to stewarding to policing (I'm too much of a threat to society I can't walk through a covered carpark!) to top it all, the fact that an SPL team doesnt even provide a back up match ball to a ballboy thats expected to cover a builders yard inside a stadium wasting at least 4-5mins of matchtime that I and thousands of others have paid to view. ) I know its a wee moan but when everything is screaming at you to stop wasting your hard earned you notice it all ;)

Only a new manager gave me any hope of restoring my faith for 2011, and he hooked Gow (eventually) so I've seen progress :wallbash: just hope he changes the shape, and takes on the many opinions that as good a Murphy is he's never a winger, the whole league has sussed out Humphrey (back to being a good impact sub thank you), Hatelys lost in the middle and creates way too much for the opposition, Blackmans off form, Sutton the only one playing like he deserves a deal, we've got some strong young uns ready for the step up ( again) but McCall deserves his time, I just hope he doesnt use too much of it listening to his current advisors and keeping it the same.

Today was truly fukin awful and a complete and utter rip off , I was actually raging at our senior players, Youngy might be a real Motherwell man but he's obviously cant manage these senior players and fairplay he doesnt claim to want to. these very same senior players have been a disgrace for a few weeks now, SORT IT OUT and do your fukin jobs, at very least pretend to give a fuck, or just pretend to be injured and give the boys your place in the team

Being McCall has only just arrived this was probably Young's team selection more than McCall's.

My take on it exactly. The line up and tactics were pretty much the same as they have been for weeks now. The midfield and striking formations simply don't work and I hope Stuart McCall picks up on this quickly.

I think if we had played with the same intensity in the first 70 minutes as we did in the last 20 we would probably have won that. And our change of fortunes came when Fitzpatrick replaced Saunders - not really sure why as Fizzy wasn't really involved in much.

First half we had most of the possession and territory but did not a lot with it whilst they had the three or four best opportunities and their confidence grew as the game went on. As that happened chances came along more often.

Second half was a half of two halfs. They pummelled us for 20-25 minutes then we took hold for the last bit. But final balls and finishing both ends were poor hence it ending up a 0-0. Though it was a much better 0-0 than the sterile midfield slog we served up last time we were there when the penalty boxes were barely seen. Randolph and Cerny are both excellent SPL keepers but I don't think either had to do that much for their clean sheets.

What I thought was really obvious today was that Jamie Murphy was lacking in confidence. Movement off the ball just not happening almost waiting for it to come to him. Young guy so no doubt it will come back but some work definitely needs to be done there.

All in a bit disappointing but I firmly believe away points are not to be sniffed at against anyone and getting one while being mediocre is hardly reason to be suicidal.

Cannae disagree with BB, the Music was tremendous yesterday. Absolutely horrific game though. Lightened by who I assume was Yir Elder sitting behind me. Fair play to you sir.

Blackman looks a shadow of what he was, Humphrey seems a bit lost, Gow was a bit harshly treated when he came off I thought, but that said, he was pretty poor. If he shifted the ball directly before that extra touch he always takes, he'd be great. But he doesn't. And won't. Thought Hateley was better than he'd been.

There was also, again 1500 more fans at Dens Park and 600 more at Falkirk Stadium too...

Worrying times for football crowds in the Lanarkshire area.

Answers on a postcard to:

Fir Park Stadium

Fir Park Street

Motherwell

ML1 2QN

or

New Douglas Park

Cadzow Avenue

Hamilton

ML3 0FT

New Douglas Park

Cadzow Avenue

Hamilton

ML3 0FT

Years in the widerness after a chairman screwed them, put paid to what was an already mediocre support, now the piss poor repetition of the SPL will halt any recovery

Fir Park Stadium

Fir Park Street

Motherwell

ML1 2QN

A board that want to play with the big boys and failing to see thats whats killing Scottish football as a spectator sport.

Nae bother is there a prize?

Although important, I think there is more to it than that Ricky. For most games it’s is only two quid more to watch the Well than Raith Rovers. Although how Accies can charge £20 is beyond me.

they charge the same as we do ( unless as a home fan they have a pish ridden shed at a lower price)

Compared to Fir Park the catering was poor, the quality of the ground was poorer. The quality of football on display wasn't higher than yesterday, though there was definitely greater determination from both teams to try and win. It cost £4 less than yesterday to get in and the (few) fans that wanted to stand were alllowed to.

Seems like the more even competition to be the league's number one was a decisive element. Maybe we should be encouraging a revamp of the Scottish leagues to reduce the total number of teams by two, just two, just two from Glasgow that don't want to be Scottish anyway!

Hamilton have a problem in that they lost a generation of fans when they were playing outwith Hamilton. Therefore guys like me in their 20s didn't catch the bug in the town and have either been lost to the game, come to Motherwell or more likely gone to the Old Firm. But a promotion derby where both teams are going pretty well is always going to gain a bigger support than one where both teams are struggling. Also I know of some folk who couldn't make it yesterday because of family New Year commitments. By not playing on Ne'er Day for a number of years people have developed traditions that weren't there ten years ago. Not denying there is a multitude of problems because there clearly are but I don't think the comparisons to the Fife derby are fair because they are not like for like.

this game sums up wits wrong with scottish football both teams could hardly string 2 passes together there was no entertainment value and both teams struggling to create any real scoring oppertunities all for the bargain price of £20 :)

Add to all of that the game was played on 2nd January not New Years day and you have the answer.

I’m not sure that is the only reason. Attendance figures have barely risen above 3,500 for Derby games at New Douglas Park. And probably not much above 5,000 - 5,500 at Fir Park.

Hamilton v Motherwell Sat 20th Dec 2008 Att: 3,527

Hamilton v Motherwell Sat 16th May 2009 Att: 3,383

Hamilton v Motherwell Sat 7th Nov 2009 Att: 3,583

Hamilton v Motherwell Sat 13th Feb 2010 Att: 3,133

I'm not sure that is the only reason.

Agreed - there's more to it than that. However its a factor. Both days are holidays but folk tend to have more commitments on New Years Day than on the 2nd. I know of a few fans who would have made it along but had family commitments on the 1st.