Back Stuart Mccall

italix

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nae worries oh thick one..................it is the only connection he previously has with being a manager at Fir Park and my post related to UBH's post about having a regular challenge match with Bradford at Fir Park......hence the mention of the last one to happen. The match was unique in that it had one of the quickest goals I have ever seen at a live football match.........hence the mention. No rocket science is it?

Nae worries oh thick one..................it is the only connection he previously has with being a manager at Fir Park and my post related to UBH's post about having a regular challenge match with Bradford at Fir Park......hence the mention of the last one to happen. The match was unique in that it had one of the quickest goals I have ever seen at a live football match.........hence the mention. No rocket science is it?

:)

So sorry oh great and wise one that I am not wonderful enough to understand your meanings or the inner workings of rocket science like yourself, but you see the first thing they tell you when you are training to be a teacher is that if you have to explain what you mean it is not that your listeners are thick or stupid but that it is that the telling of the story or fact was so bad that even intelligent people don't get its meaning. The fact that they lost 4-0 the last time that they visited FP is obviously a good reason to slag off the comments of another poster who was making a reasonable enough suggestion regarding a potential charity match. You obviously felt that it was neccessary to mention that if one of McCalls teams can lose a goal to us in 11 seconds that he is utter pish as a manager. Or did you mean something else?

So sorry oh great and wise one that I am not wonderful enough to understand your meanings or the inner workings of rocket science like yourself, but you see the first thing they tell you when you are training to be a teacher is that if you have to explain what you mean it is not that your listeners are thick or stupid but that it is that the telling of the story or fact was so bad that even intelligent people don't get its meaning. The fact that they lost 4-0 the last time that they visited FP is obviously a good reason to slag off the comments of another poster who was making a reasonable enough suggestion regarding a potential charity match. You obviously felt that it was neccessary to mention that if one of McCalls teams can lose a goal to us in 11 seconds that he is utter pish as a manager. Or did you mean something else?

I made a c**t of myself, and now even I don't understand what im saying

Could we not have even 1 thread running here which doesn't descend into sqaubbling amongst ourselves :)

Anyway welcome on board Messrs McCall and Craig hope you do brilliantly, as a step for a hint if your wondering where to start then many succesful teams build from the back, in that respect the keeper is sound then the pitfalls commence.

The fact that they lost 4-0 the last time that they visited FP is obviously a good reason to slag off the comments of another poster who was making a reasonable enough suggestion regarding a potential charity match. You obviously felt that it was neccessary to mention that if one of McCalls teams can lose a goal to us in 11 seconds that he is utter pish as a manager. Or did you mean something else?

To be fair on Finlay I understood what he was getting at when he made the comment about the previous game. I honestly don’t think he was having a go at McCall’s managerial skills.

What was just an innocent charity game proposal has resulted in handbags. At the end of the day we are all Motherwell fans and we shouldn’t read too much into comments made on this forum. :)

Anyway, back to this Charity “piss up” match. :drinks:

John Barnes "Motherwell have qualified for Europe in each of the last 2 seasons so there is no pressure there then (giggle) in trying to get Motherwell to qualify for Europe for a 3rd consecutive year?"

Another example of the pish journalism that this country has become used to.

To be honest netherton I have found the whole press coverage and interest in the job to be shameful. Or to be more accurate the BBC's reporting of it on their website and national radio station. Journalists with no knowledge of what was going on or (probably) very little interest. Obviously the OF is the big news but compared to the very accurate (and lengthy) coverage Killie and Dun Utd were getting on BBC Scotland last year what we received was very poor. Chick Young, a man who didn't have a clue at ANY stage, openly stating tonight that "Motherwell are a team on the slide" and "Aberdeen will finish above Motherwell" and "Stuart McCall is a gamble" with no hint of embarrassment with regards to how much in the dark he is about goings on at Fir Park. Now, I don't necesarily disagree with what he said it but it was said with such arrogance it is almost like he forgot for a moment which team he 'claims' to follow, how their season is going, how they treated their last manager and who they replaced him with.

Chick Young, a man who didn't have a clue at ANY stage, openly stating tonight that "Motherwell are a team on the slide" and "Aberdeen will finish above Motherwell" and "Stuart McCall is a gamble" with no hint of embarrassment with regards to how much in the dark he is about goings on at Fir Park.

The very same Chick Young that was claiming to be first with the news on McCalls appointment. The man is an arsehole who knows/cares the square root of fuck all about Motherwell.

It’s about time the media in general paid more attention to promoting the game outwith the Old firm.

Nobody's mentioned the fact that Tommy Craig is coming as number 2.

Personally, I think that's a great appointment as he is vastly experienced.

I must admit when I first heard the news about McCall I wasn't doing cartwheels, but I think as a double act this might just work!

Mon the Steelmen!

Tommy Craig was manager of a Belgium side until recently, might be wrong but im sure its the club that the old hearts manager Laslo is now in charge of.

Tommy Craig was was sacked by Charleroi on 14 April 2010. Went there with John Collins.

McCall must win at NDP on Saturday- nothing less is acceptable against a team bottom of the league.

No fucking hiding place for the players like there has been in the last three matches. You know - wee team playing big teams - not expected to win.

I would hope between the two of them they can suss out who the bottle merchants are and finally get the fucking defense sorted

eg get a BIG dominant centre half.

The very same Chick Young that was claiming to be first with the news on McCalls appointment. The man is an arsehole who knows/cares the square root of fuck all about Motherwell.

It’s about time the media in general paid more attention to promoting the game outwith the Old firm.

Spot on. Young seemed almost bored and annoyed with the whole thing. When you think back three weeks ago, the BBC reported that Billy Dodds (along with Chisholm) had been in talks with Boyle with regards to taking the top jobs. Less than 8 hours later Dodds, a BBC employee no less, is on their national radio station saying he had no idea who started the story, it was a lot of rubbish, and he was in his bed till 12pm and woke up to a lot of missed messages (including his 'gaffer' Richard Gordon) regadring what was on the BBC website. The BBC can't even confirm a story with an EMPLOYEE without running with it. All very odd.

Tommy Craig was manager of a Belgium side until recently, might be wrong but im sure its the club that the old hearts manager Laslo is now in charge of.

Your right, Jim.

Tommy Craig is an interesting one if it does come to pass.

I vaguely seem to remember him not being taken particularly seriously when assistant manager or at least a part of Billy McNeill's backroom team when Souness's Rangers left them for dead for in the late 1980's.

He seems to have gone quietly about his business since and whilst he doesn't have quite the same level of experience as perhaps Archie Knox did his CV is along similar lines with some coaching experience in both England, Scotland, abroad and with the youths at international level too.

I don't quite know where the connection comes in, there doesn't appear to be a crossing of paths in the past but Craig will be well versed in Scottish football and between the likes of Gordon Young, Stewart Kerr and Bobby Jenks should help afford McCall some time to reacquaint himself with Scottish football.