Blackman, Gow and Fitzpatrick

postiejim

Never mind the new contacts get these three impostors away ,Blackmans lost interest ,Gow is crap and Fitzy has done nothing since his winner against Hearts in the cis semi all those years ago. Were just a small club with a small player budget so we cant carry passengers .In the summer punt Craigan and Reynolds as well two liabilities in central defence . I would try and keep big Sutton though the guy gives his all and when played in his proper position bags a few goals......rant over but these guys are are surplus to requirements.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree about Blackman. It would be mental to not to try and keep him until end of season, given the amount of goals he's scored. He's had no service recently, and appears to be carrying an injury.

Fitzpatrick from the little showings hes had this season, has been solid, and given that hes probably on peanuts as wages, would keep him until end of season, and see how things go, before deciding.

Reynolds needs to move for his benefit and ours.

Dont know what to make of Craigan. Ive said it before, for such an experienced player, his form is so up and down. Probably always been that way mind you. Given that Reynolds has went backwards, then perhaps Craigan as a future coach is also a no no. Nice bloke no doubt, but again might be better all round if he moved on.

Gow tries to be to clever far to often. Needs to learn to be a team player. Dont think he has the pace to succeed up front, and lacks strength to play deeper on each wing. His only position would probably be behind a front two, much like Forbes. But we dont play that way, so its a wage that could be redirected to a left midfield player, thats been missing for years now.

Sutton has been dropped recently, perhaps hes told the club hes away in the summer. He offers alot up FRONT, not wide left. Would try and keep him.

I think the notable positive reaction from a majority of the support today for Gows substitution will help make the decision on him

I've been frustrated with Blackmans showing recently and actually put it down to him thinking his time was up. as he looks to be paying with no motivation, ta very much Brwon. Im hearing that it might not be the case however, so it makes me question the performances even more?

Fitzpatrick I'd sign up immediately , can't see where any criticism would come for him, attitude is great , Dare say he'll be very cheap per week compared to others mentioned in the OP

Reynolds has reached the point that Hammell did a few years back, best for a move if there is one, welcomed back for a fresh challenge in a couple of years however.

Craggs can be so frustrating, but hey we're Motherwell, a small club with a small player budget, what do we expect?

can Page, Hutchinson, Saunders, Pollok Mchugh,Meechan, Forbes, step up with the others that would be left

I'm all for using them as soon as possible

If I'm honest I'd keep Blackman and say goodbye to Fitzy and Gow. Fitzy isn't a bad player but he hasn't been a regular for a long, long, time and I don't see it ever changing. Best for the lad to move on for his own development and we can use the money to try and get in a player who is more than just a squad man. Gow is utterly hopeless and I hope he isn't a Motherwell player come Monday night. McCall would make a massive error by keeping him on.

Blackman I would keep due to his scoring record so far. I so think McCall will keep Blackman and Fitzy and lose Gow. Reynolds will also move on nearer the end of the month.

After the last few performances Gow can GTF. He gives the ball away far too frequently by trying the difficult stuff and we just can't afford that luxury. Going on todays performance Blackman can join him as he didn't look interested and IMHO was looking for an excuse to come off. A total contrast from Lukas last year who played on one leg for a few games rather than come off. Fitzy is worth keeping for all he'll cost and he does a simple and effective job.

Fitzpatrick I would keep no doubt! Steady reliable versatile squad player! Maybes not a first choice but worth a deal.

Blackman, clearly has talent and ability but his head at the moment seems really down after Brown and Knox have left. If he stays I would expect a lot more than he has offered recently!

Gow I wouldn't give a game to in my amateur team! Clearly had ability but is not a team player! Offers very very little and loses possession so so easily! Sutton is twice the player and offers more on a bad day than Gow does! Would be interesting to see how many games we have won with Gow starting!

I can't believe we haven't started with the same team that beat St Johnstone 4-0 since that game and haven't win since!

Blackman - Loss of form, and morale more than anything. If Blackburn are happy for him to stay up here for the rest of the season then we'd be daft to not say aye

Gow - Flatters to deceive, and can't doubt he has some nice touches but just doesn't seem to be interested. Release, have a few forward players

Fitzpatrick - If he's happy to be back-up and this time of his career and is not asking for a kings ransom then it be stupid to bin him. As he's a player that can slot in and do a job

Reynolds - won't have a choice. Although at this very moment no where near good enough for where I believe he'll want to be (Championship).

Craigan - Would be daft to get rid, especially if we're losing Reynolds too. We don't have one central defender ready to come in, never mind two.

Sutton - Would defo sign him up for another 3 years or so - maybe even do what Celtic done to his brother and see what he's like in defence. Remember last season against Rangers he covered every blade of grass to defend...

I'll be the first to defend Gow then? Having been out of regular football for a long time, I think he looks like a talented player, coming back to form. I agree he tries to be clever and gives the ball away, but he offers the team creativity. I'd like to see his contract extended by 18 months, to see him come back to 100%.

I'm happy for Blackman to stay too - young player, out on loan, allowed to have a dip in form during period of uncertainty.

Fitzpatrick - as been stated numerous times on this board for past two years - good, honest 1st Division player. Let him go.

I'll be the first to defend Gow then? Having been out of regular football for a long time, I think he looks like a talented player, coming back to form. I agree he tries to be clever and gives the ball away, but he offers the team creativity. I'd like to see his contract extended by 18 months, to see him come back to 100%.

Are you his faither ? The team has been crap since he got a game and Sutton was dropped.Not a team player and dosn't win or hold the ball up get Sutton starting games again he can win a ball hold it up for others to get forward and works hard.

I'll be the first to defend Gow then?

No, I've been doing it for some time. When he first came I said he was lightweight and so he is.

Yes, he can be overelaborate as he was yesterday but so were several others and he can be selfish. However, he has constantly been played out of position - he is a left winger so we should play him there. Let him provide ammunition from the left for two out and out strikers - thats his preferred role.

Mark Fitzpatrick - a good honest squad player but no more. Allow to leave if we have someone else to come in.

Nick Blackman - hard to judge. He's been given little or no support and I'd like to see him given that. Needs to improve his attitude though. If he leaves, we need to replace him.

We don't want too many departures/arrivals before next Sunday.

Gow hasnt lived up the the form he showed at falkirk that got him his move to rangers think he will be given another 6 months to see what he can do or if he can improve.

Fitzy has been really unlucky with injuries but another player who hasnt done anything since his goal against hearts in the cup he will get another 6 months

Reynolds will need to be sold this month which will then allow mccall to bring in someone to replace him as we cant afford to let him leave on a bosman.

Blackman has ability and has suffered a bit since brown left for aberdeen he will stay for the rest of the season.

Sutton looks good one week than is poor the next a bit inconsistant but i would keep him.

No, I've been doing it for some time. When he first came I said he was lightweight and so he is.

Yes, he can be overelaborate as he was yesterday but so were several others and he can be selfish. However, he has constantly been played out of position - he is a left winger so we should play him there. Let him provide ammunition from the left for two out and out strikers - thats his preferred role.

Mark Fitzpatrick - a good honest squad player but no more. Allow to leave if we have someone else to come in.

Nick Blackman - hard to judge. He's been given little or no support and I'd like to see him given that. Needs to improve his attitude though. If he leaves, we need to replace him.

We don't want too many departures/arrivals before next Sunday.

No he is not. He would be even worse than Ross Forbes on the left wing, as I believe Forbes might actually be faster than someone.

Gow has made lots of noises to the fact that his preferred position is in the hole behind a striker. Where he has been playing recently and apart from setting up Lasleys goal he has provided the sum total of diddly squat. His failure to retain possesion is causing us no end of problems especially without Jenno to win the ball back.

Playing him on the left wing would be a disaster.

No he is not. He would be even worse than Ross Forbes on the left wing, as I believe Forbes might actually be faster than someone.

Playing him on the left wing would be a disaster.

This was his preferred position at Airdrie where he made his name. It was also his best position at Falkirk where he supplied the ammunition for Anthony Stokes.

I'd give him a run there and if he still doesn't cut it then allow him to go.

Based on the fact most of our defensively inept performances this season have all been televised then I'd suggest that Reynolds will either stay until the end of the season or be punted for no more than a ginger bottle and a hearty handshake.

Gow is a strange one, with his first touch he promises so much but then there is the over elaborate stuff. He's too much of a luxury to carry to rely on one or two slide-rule passes through into the last third.

I hadn't really drawn a parallel between Sutton not being involved as much and our dip in form, maybe there is a point to that.

Fitzy has consistently got above average reviews when he's been used. You can't blame him because the previous boss has a track record of using the same 11 every week regardless of opposition, conditions or tactics. I for one would extend another 6 months, give him a run alongside Lasley and Jennings in midfield with probably Hateley dropping to just in front of the defence to help shore it up.

As I said a while ago, Humphrey will only be measured by how he plays against teams who learn to combat his pace. It appears the other 11 in the league have sussed him out and are nulling his contribution. Going forward he needs to work out how to terrorise left backs again.

Blackman is having a dip, no questions, I wouldn't be so bothered if it appeared he was at least committing and had fire in his belly. I really hope McCall ignites his spark otherwise I'd thank him for what he did up until mid November and take him to Airbles Station.

blackman - it'd ideal if he extended and got his form back. on the other hand watching performances like yesterday for another 5 months doesn't appeal. overall i don't really care.

gow - if we sign him we have major, major problems.

fitzy - has looked no bad in his last couple of appearances but can we really justify extending a guy who has made half a dozen appearances in 18 months and is never likely to be better than average. every penny counts these days.

fitzy - has looked no bad in his last couple of appearances but can we really justify extending a guy who has made half a dozen appearances in 18 months and is never likely to be better than average. every penny counts these days.

If it means that we can slot him into midfield instead Tom Hateley, then oh God yes, sign him.

I would try and keep big Sutton though the guy gives his all and when played in his proper position bags a few goals......rant over but these guys are are surplus to requirements.

Are you on drugs? Sutton is next to useless. Why do people slate the likes of Craigan even when he is played out of position but exception is made for Sutton? He is more surplus than some of those mentioned. And just who do we get to replace them??

If it means that we can slot him into midfield instead Tom Hateley, then oh God yes, sign him.

that's a fair point.

look on the brightside though, we only have to pay tom half a million pounds over the next 30 months before we can start a thread saying don't extend his contract. there should be a greeting smiley.

Are you on drugs? Sutton is next to useless. Why do people slate the likes of Craigan even when he is played out of position but exception is made for Sutton? He is more surplus than some of those mentioned. And just who do we get to replace them??

:notworthy::notworthy::lol:

Who do we get to replace them ? That old chestnut ,its always brought up by someone when we talk about getting rid of players or managers .Who did we get to replace McGhee ,who replaced Broon and Archie, who replaced McFadden, Porter ,Obrien and so it goes on .There are players out there or coming up through the ranks that we have never heard of that will come in and replace them, some might not be very good, some will become heroes ,that's the way it is and always will be .That's what we pay McCall to do .And if you dont like Sutton fair enough we all have different opinions .

Blackman: If possible I would like to see if we could extend his loan deal until the end of the season. He has gone of the boil of late but so have most of the team. On his day, he is a potential match winner.

Gow: A frustrating player who unfortunately in my opinion should be shown the door. He is a football ‘luxury’ who to be honest we can’t afford. The only hope he has of staying at Motherwell is if McCall sees something we don’t.

Fitzpatrick: A ‘typical’ Motherwell player who gives his all with varying degrees of success. He fits neatly into our tight wage structure and to be honest if McCall can’t find a better replacement for the same money, I would sign him up.

This was his preferred position at Airdrie where he made his name. It was also his best position at Falkirk where he supplied the ammunition for Anthony Stokes.

I'd give him a run there and if he still doesn't cut it then allow him to go.

Time is not a luxury. It is new contract or punted. Punted please.