Blackman, Gow and Fitzpatrick

postiejim

Here is what Stuart McCall says ."Loan deals have been successful for this club. I know the state of play and there will be no one coming in without someone going out. However, if anyone leaves, then I can bring in like for like."

Im pretty sure like most new managers Stuart has a couple of new players on his radar already.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gow can GTF, imposter of a footballer. Fitzy hasn't put a foot wrong in any of the SPL games hes played in this year, I'd certainly keep him on and have him in contention for a first team place. Blackman has shown what he is capable off and I'd try and keep him for the rest of the season.

For me:

Blackman - is a young striker who for the first time has hit a real barren run. How he reacts to that will determine his career. But I think the boy is quality so I'd try and keep him.

Fitzpatrick - versatile, winning runner. I've always thought he was underrated so I'd keep him too.

Gow - you can see his quality with some of his touches but he kind of wastes that with poor decision making/greediness. On balance I'd probably try and keep him but of the three he is the one I wouldn't be gutted to see leave.

I think Gow & Blackman have performed well in only 1 game as a partnership vs St Johnstone. I believe Gow shows nice touches but isn't the team player that we need and with his return in goals I'm sure Murphy and/or Sutton could do as well if played up-front. Maybe if McCall believes he can use whatever money he saves he might get 2 players in for the wages we pay Gow?

Fitzy - I'm still un-decided, one of his harhsest critics from the past but to me he has shown more willing when played in centre mid than Forbes and should be kept to the end of the season as we don't know yet what will happen with Jennings and can't be left too light in there!

I'll be the first to defend Gow then? Having been out of regular football for a long time, I think he looks like a talented player, coming back to form. I agree he tries to be clever and gives the ball away, but he offers the team creativity. I'd like to see his contract extended by 18 months, to see him come back to 100%.

I'm happy for Blackman to stay too - young player, out on loan, allowed to have a dip in form during period of uncertainty.

Fitzpatrick - as been stated numerous times on this board for past two years - good, honest 1st Division player. Let him go.

For me a good honest first division player is on a par with a good honest spl squad player. Keep him.

Fitzy really does not deserve the stick he gets, anyone that watched him against St Johnstone and wasn't shouting "FUCK SAKE FITZPATRICK" will know that he puts everything he has into his game, I think it just suits the boo boys to shout at him when he doesnt need it.

Are you on drugs? Sutton is next to useless. Why do people slate the likes of Craigan even when he is played out of position but exception is made for Sutton? He is more surplus than some of those mentioned. And just who do we get to replace them??

When was Craigan ever played out of position - unless it been his whole career!!!!

Gow - Has not done enough in the Claret & Amber to earn a contract IMHO. If that's him trying to impress then no thanks.

Blackman Not really been doing it for the last few weeks, maybe it's because he's had Gow upfront with him and not Sutton. Unfortunately it's not likely to be our decision given that Blackburn have an extensive injury list at the moment. However, worth asking them the question.

Fitzy Too injury prone, would free up some cash.

Would keep Fitzy if only because you know what you are getting from him.

Blackman - 10 goals is good but I've never really been that impressed by him as a player, for me Jutkiewicz was far superior. That said I've always believed that you judge a striker on his goal tally and nothing else. The problem with Blackman is as I see it is he doesn't really offer much when the team is in a rut. I still think Murphys best position is as a out and out forward and I think I'd be more likely to play him there than Blackman. Overall I'd probably have him back but I doubt very much if he has another 10 goals in him and we've already probably seen the best of him.

Gow - As someone else said he is very frustrating. Obviously has a technique and game intelligence that stands out from the rest of the team but you get the idea that the rest of the team aren't really on his wavelength. He's also one of those players that gives off a certain body language that isn't often appreciated by the fans, especially when things aren't going so well. I'd probably keep Blackman over Gow although I think Gow is a better player, if that makes sense.

Get shot of Gow, he's not interested and is only working his ticket,

Keep Blackman, he has been good for the team and has put himself about although he is going through a wee sparren spell but that will come good....

Keep Fitzy, I've got mixed feelings about him, he's not really done anything since 'that' goal at Easter Road but, in fairness, he has been injured quite abit........

Blackman - will come good again, needs more support and a better supply. He's quite often left with far too much to do, in a bad spell just now but his goals will come back. Hope we can keep him to the end of the season

Gow - has been disappointing for me, has an amazing touch sometimes but is slower than a week in the jail and loses the ball far to frequently. Can be on the park for hours before you notice him, would love to see his form come back of a few years ago but i'd rather see someone else come in. Worried that McCall will want to keep him seein he's been at Rangers...

Fitzpatrick - squad player, as long as he's happy with that then give him another year

Hi all, new to this board but have spent enough time on it to give into it and start posting!

Anyway my opinion on this is that the last id keep is fitz...yes hes an honest hardworker etc etc but the bottom line is he will never be more than a squad player. We have the young lads meechen, innes, pollock to fill that position if necessary. And these lads have more potential than fitz too...time for him to move on.

I think gow has something to offer. He was dire against hamilton right enough but i think hes been excellent at other times for us and if we can get him playing well then we have a real good player.

Blackmans gone well off the boil and unless hes going to get his form back soon then i'd rather see that wage spent on someone else. Im not really a fan of loan signings so being a bit bias here too.

Just to add - I dont know where all the negative comments about sutton are coming from. Hes an excellent player for us, one of the few that offers a bit of muscle in our team as well as 110% effort.

Fitzpatrick is the player that most seem to think that Lasley is. He's had horrible luck with injuries and in his limited game time has done more than enough, imo, to be offered a deal until the end of the season.

Blackman I can take or leave, unless he's going to form a partnership with someone I don't think he'll continue to be effective. I'd honestly rather give Casagolda a chance.

Gow, He really does try the 'one man show' approach far too often. However, If we extend his deal and build a formation around him playing behind the striker(s) I think it will pay dividends. However, building our attack on Humphrey and Murphy seems much more viable.

Gow - Has not done enough in the Claret & Amber to earn a contract IMHO. If that's him trying to impress then no thanks.

Blackman Not really been doing it for the last few weeks, maybe it's because he's had Gow upfront with him and not Sutton. Unfortunately it's not likely to be our decision given that Blackburn have an extensive injury list at the moment. However, worth asking them the question.

Fitzy Too injury prone, would free up some cash.

Has he not just had one seriously bad injury that has been difficult to recover from? I think its been more a case of seriously bad luck with him than him being injury prone. If we punted him I doubt it would free up a significant wage and we would be lucky to find a better player with the money. He is good cheap squad player, always has been and thats why he has been with us so long, makes good business sense no doubt.

If we punted him I doubt it would free up a significant wage

This sums up the Fitzy situation for me. We won't find a first team regular who is better than what we have for the same wages Fitzpatrick is on. He's an experienced backup player and worth having in the squad. Every manager we've had from Butcher onwards have seen something in the guy, so he's obviously good for something. Of course, it's entirely possible that he may want to move on for regular football, and the best of luck to him if he does.

Gow is a luxury, and I'm not fussed if he stays or not. If we need to free up a wage to bring in a new face, then I wouldn't have a problem with it being his. Blackman is in a run of bad form at the minute, but I would prefer to see him and Sutton/Murphy up front, rather than him and Gow. Hopefully we can extend his loan as over his time here he's been a useful player to have.

We could also see the likes of Jennings, Sutton and Reynolds sold on this month if we can't tie them up long term, so this may have an effect on who we try to keep out of the first lot.

All of the above are replaceable though, with Jennings the only one I really hope hangs around.

Blackman I can take or leave, unless he's going to form a partnership with someone I don't think he'll continue to be effective. I'd honestly rather give Casagolda a chance.

You would rather play someone who the previous management brought in but have obviously had second thoughts about hence his lack of game time (when fit), than a player who has been key to any success we have had this season and has 10 goals in the bank?? :thumbup:

Blackman can go as far as I'm concerned. Talented boy no doubt but he's never going to be here next season and is currently stifling the development of Murphy, McHugh etc.

I am surprised to see so many with a view that they would be happy for Blackman to leave. The point above is valid, but Motherwell will struggle to maintain any continuity and long term vision when Managers and players jump ship so readily. We have a fairly short term bursts of focus and strategy and this has led to 3 successive European jaunts.

I would rather have what we have had in the past 3 seasons, than a stable Manager and team and finishing in 10th spot year in year out.

Blackman has proven he is a quality finisher and I suspect has been more disrupted by Paw Broon jumping ship and Allardice getting the boot, which has led to him not knowing whether he was quite literally staying or going.

I hope we get him back. I am not sure why any decision should take so long, unless of course a certain team from up north are trying to entice him or an offer/transfer comes in from A N other club. Hopefully it will be resolved soon so Stuart McCall knows who he needs to replace.

Blackman has proven he is a quality finisher and I suspect has been more disrupted by Paw Broon jumping ship and Allardice getting the boot, which has led to him not knowing whether he was quite literally staying or going.

IMO he was losing his form before this. Dont get me wrong, on his day blackman is a class act but can we afford to play him when he doesnt look interested? I'd love to see him back to where he was 3 months ago but when hes playing like this he cant be an automatic selection as he has been. This is one of the few things i liked about gannon...he dropped players that underperformed.

I dont understand the backing of fitzy. Hes not that experienced, as has been said hes been injured or out of favour for most of the last 7 years (since hearts cis semi! That long?!?). I like his honesty and all that but surely it makes more sense to give one of the young lads a chance over him?

I'd try and keep Blackman i know he's lost his way a wee bit recently but he's just needing some giudance. I'd also keep Craigan who would benefit from playing alongside Page or Hutchie. Gow.Sutton.Fitzpatrick and Reynolds can leave as far as im concerned. We need a big change in personnel to get our season kick started. Im just hoping McCall realises this too. :rolleyes: