Blackman, Gow and Fitzpatrick

postiejim

Length of contract will have been the clincher for Fitzpatrick. Furthermore, if we wanted to offer him more money I'm sure we could have.

All the best Marc.

Good point. We wont automatically be offering maximum wage to everyone we offer a contract with. We offered him what we thought he was worth.

Can't fault him for both wanting some extra security and a change of scenery.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know where you got your info but he was offered more money!!!

Probably like the rest of us on Radio Scotland where Richard Gordon interrupted Jim Spence and Allan Preston to advise us that George Adams had sent them a text to say "Same money, longer contract".

Fair play to him. Is it substantially better.

Wish him all the best from us RR, a lot of folk hoping he would have stayed on and nobody can complain that he moved. You still going to post on here??

It was a much better deal all round, and it was not an easy decision for Marc,as he said Motherwell has been a big part of his life for a long time and he was sad at how his time at the club ended!

I might still post as i wont get dogs abuse for being biased.....was i ever biased!!! :(

It was a much better deal all round, and it was not an easy decision for Marc,as he said Motherwell has been a big part of his life for a long time and he was sad at how his time at the club ended!

I might still post as i wont get dogs abuse for being biased.....was i ever biased!!! :(

Fair play to him. Has been very unlucky with injuries etc. Ross County will be a great move for him. A well run club with good staff.

You biased no wayyyy!!!!!

Sorry to see him go.

I know he does`nt have the sweet left foot of a "Forbes" but always felt that he did the "dirty hard work" job that sometimes goes unnoted by some fans.

Best wishes to Mark.

Would much rather Forbes left than Fitzy. I am not Fitzy's biggest fan but the few times he has played this season thought he had improved.

Can't argue with him refusing us for longer term deal. Good Luck to him.

I might still post as i wont get dogs abuse for being biased.....was i ever biased!!! :mad:

Aye brilliant news roadrunner. Good luck to him and his family. Plus a new challenge.

i also heard that Ross County have a high percentage of fans who understand football - so that'll be a refreshing change for him for a start!

Gon yerself Fitzy.

Pressure now on McCall to deliver as our squad seems to be disintigrating in terms of numbers

Hope Fitzpatrick can get himself established as a first team regular and do well, a player always had time for and disappointed to see him go.

Hope to hell some of McCalls irons in the fire turn into new faces soon as the squad is paper thin. At present I don't think we even got a first XI I'd be comfortable with now Blackman and Fitzpatrick are gone. Even Gow to an extent, probably the right decision but their was a player in their waiting to get out if utilized right and had head screwed on also which didn't appear to be the case.

As much as I don't think he's a world beater or even a standout and I have been critical of him in the past, I feel this could come back to bite us. His versatility is something we could call upon, he could play in a number of positions to a decent standard, which we'll definitely miss. Can't blame the lad though, best wishes to him.