Blackman, Gow and Fitzpatrick

postiejim

McCall seems to have been a bit niave with the chat "Well his agent has promised if he heads back North it will be to Motherwell."

Surely during his managerial career he has experienced agents trying to feed him a line? I really hope we have plans to get some fresh faces in ASAP as I really believe that given we're already in a cup semi-final and have a favourable draw in the Scottish this could still be a very good season.

Agreed Andy.

If it wasn't for our cup 'prospects' I'd be quite content to go with what we have until the end of the season and put our existing budget towards funding a couple of good pre-contract deals.

Given that we we are sitting in a good position in both cups however, we surely need to show some ambition. Since our criteria for a new manager was heavily focused on contacts down south, I assume that 1) McCall has good contacts and 2) there is a suitable budget to take advantage of such contacts.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman was never our player, so nobody has stolen him.

Agree with that, he downed tools as soon as Brown went, so good riddence to him. We need to be signing players on permanent deals, who will contribute to the club long term, not Fud's who are only trying to up their wage packets with their own clubs.

Very disappointing. I said after seeing Blackman a few times that I thought he could make our season. He's a quality striker and will get another ten up at Aberdeen easy.

As others have mentioned already you can see a rather worrying trend developing at Fir Park these days, and it wouldn't take a whole lot to turn what looked like a promising season into a disaster.

Let's hope McCall can pull a rabbit or two out of the hat.

read my lips, in my view they stole our manger not the player

I fully agree - however it's the internet naebody can read yer lips. :nod::P

I'm not overly fussed that Blackman's away (until he bags a hat trick against us)

What it does highlight is the mess them to fuds left us in. And the absolute mess that we're in right now wrt to a squad.

That's got loads to do with them fucking off - but I'm unsure about how much it's got to do with our forward planning and our contingency planning and our approach to our current squad.

Sutton?

Fitzpatrick?

Jennings?

Do we / did we want them to go - what are we / were we doing to keep them

i dunno - I'm just askin

read my lips, in my view they stole our manger not the player

In my view, nobody "stole" anyone. Much as we can feel aggrieved about the process that got them there, stealing implies taking someone against their will, and Broon, Knox and Blackman all seem to have been willing participants.

I don't think Blackman makes or breaks our season. I'm a bit narked with Broon but hold nothing against Blackman. Thanks Nick for your 10 goals. Good luck with your career at Blackburn.

I don't think we were out done with Fitzy. He will have been attracted by a long term contract and regular first team football. He won't be missed.

Where does all this doom come from - "we won't sign anyone"? Wit more and more British sides trimming their squads, I think there is plenty of half decent players, like Blackman, looking for a contract or a loan. Give McCall a chance.

What's also astonishing is the rate at which we appear to be passing each other in the league.

I understand that Brown, Knox and Blackman are all doing whatever they thin is best for them in terms of their own aspirations. i can live with that no hassle.

What pisses me off is the way that his public persona that he likes to convey is all so 'honourable'. i.e. the public persona of Craig Brown would stand aside and give Motherwell the opportunity to fix the guy up - not go in direct competition with us on a player immediately. But we all know that theres nothing different or honourable about the wee c**t.

What pisses me off is the way that his public persona that he likes to convey is all so 'honourable'. i.e. the public persona of Craig Brown would stand aside and give Motherwell the opportunity to fix the guy up - not go in direct competition with us on a player immediately. But we all know that theres nothing different or honourable about the wee c**t.

A Few months ago some selic fans were saying to me in work

"what a gentlemen that broon is, always complamenting on other teams and he's soooo nice"

then when they left they were saying

"what a sneaky fuck"

As tam cowan said i have no issued with him going but its the fact he said "awww we have unfinished work here and i owe it to the players" and all that shit

For every Jutkiewicz, there's a Blackman, and so on. There's many, many more out there, just a question of getting one of them.

Agreed , loanee premiership strikers who would do the damage in the SPL are plentiful. The question is are we willing to pay for them ? Have things changed under Derek Weir and there will be no Blackman , Ruddy , Jutkiewicz type loans , the downsizing on the managerial appointment front suggests perhaps

you'd think that with a bonus 80 grand banked from the cup game on sunday plus 1/4 of the combined gate from the semis we'd have a bit of money to get someone in.

The budget for this season was probably forecast around May last year. Pretty sure Commsworld got the sponsorship for a song this season so we're probably down in that aspect, I wouldn't be surprised if the extra we've made this year has offset where we've lost out elsewhere.

you'd think that with a bonus 80 grand banked from the cup game on sunday plus 1/4 of the combined gate from the semis we'd have a bit of money to get someone in.

This is a total myth. All money we make on gates, tv, strips, food etc probably just covers the cost of running the club.

Only money from the sale of players can go towards a new player.

Basically we need to sell Reynolds to make any signings in the transfer market or get some free transfers which is tricky in january.

This is a total myth. All money we make on gates, tv, strips, food etc probably just covers the cost of running the club.

Only money from the sale of players can go towards a new player.

Basically we need to sell Reynolds to make any signings in the transfer market or get some free transfers which is tricky in january.

we were we budgeting for a scottish cup game being on sky? that's £80k coming in that couldn't have been forseen.

the same goes for the semi, even after vat and costs we are still likely to make a six figure sum.

we were we budgeting for a scottish cup game being on sky? that's £80k coming in that couldn't have been forseen.

the same goes for the semi, even after vat and costs we are still likely to make a six figure sum.

Probably not, but as others have said that 80K is probably covering the costs of losses made from games being cancelled i.e. Hearts and also our poor sponsor deal.