Stephen Craigan

Burn_Broomfield

Yes he has been a good and loyal club servant but lets be honest he's been on the wane for the past couple of seasons. I was a fan of Jim Gannon not least for his having the knowledge and guts to tell certain 'first team certain picks' that they would not do. Craigan was one. IMO Gannon was spot on.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a fan of Jim Gannon not least for his having the knowledge and guts to tell certain 'first team certain picks' that they would not do. Craigan was one. IMO Gannon was spot on.

Just out of curiosity, with our water tight wage structure who would we get to replace him? Realistically it would be a raw untried teenager or somebody similar to the man himself. Unless McCall has someone (maybe a loan deal?) in mind I would rather stick with Craigan.

Just out of curiosity, with our water tight wage structure who would we get to replace him? Realistically it would be a raw untried teenager or somebody similar to the man himself. Unless McCall has someone (maybe a loan deal?) in mind I would rather stick with Craigan.

hutch, page or saunders - build for the future

I would like to see Hutch, Page or Saunders replace Reynolds and build for the future that way. I agree that at times Craigans distribution is poor but we need a bit of experience at the back and unless someone else comes in Craigan will have to remain in the team. Reynolds doesn't have any leadership qualitites and in the last 3/4 games he has been far too weak. Uses his pace to get to the ball then is continually out muscled.

paul quinn?

jim hamilton?

andy goram?

While Paul Quinn was far from a flawless character, he is better suited to a captain role than Craigan.

Hamilton/Goram, both c***s. no need to draw a comparison with either of them. Craigan has been a good servant to the club but he is neither a leader nor an inspiring character.

hutch, page or saunders - build for the future

Out of those, Page (when used! Twice three times?) has impressed me the most.

Saunders has at times looked nervous and I was surprised to see him called up to the full Scotland squad.

Hutchinson has at least had more first team experience than Page and it would be interesting to hear McCall’s opinion on him and the others mentioned.

Great Passion and experience.

But a lack of pace, poor basic ball distrubtion and that awkward cross Diagonal ball he always plays than most of the time ends up in the stand annoys me.

I believe next season, our 2 centre back postions should contain neither Craigan or Reynolds.

Great Passion and experience.

But a lack of pace, poor basic ball distrubtion and that awkward cross Diagonal ball he always plays than most of the time ends up in the stand annoys me.

I believe next season, our 2 centre back postions should contain neither Craigan or Reynolds.

I worry about losing Craggs and Reynolds at the same time. Yes we have some exciting prospects waiting in the wings but my god we are going to ship some goals next season!

I worry about losing Craggs and Reynolds at the same time. Yes we have some exciting prospects waiting in the wings but my god we are going to ship some goals next season!

I dont think the answer is within our ranks tbh. I would prefer next season Saunders and a new signing at the back.

But we'll end up with Craigan and Saunders.

I would like to see Hutch, Page or Saunders replace Reynolds and build for the future that way. I agree that at times Craigans distribution is poor but we need a bit of experience at the back and unless someone else comes in Craigan will have to remain in the team. Reynolds doesn't have any leadership qualitites and in the last 3/4 games he has been far too weak. Uses his pace to get to the ball then is continually out muscled.

now we're talking,i think reynolds is wasted at c/half

i don't think he's clever enough,gets cought out to often

pace to burn,good in the air,holding mid-fielder :)

frees up hately for right back :thumbup:

gets saunders away from right back :thumbup:

lasley/jennings or both pulling the strings

same names on the team sheet different positions/formation

these threads are funny

much like the stadium threads, full of dreamers showing they've not got a clue with the odd realist post thrown in that most still miss and continue down the same fantasy path

did we not have one of these slating Craggs before and we finished the season with a great defensive record compared to the others

likewise its been posted we're actually doing not too bad defensively this season ( take the 3 games with no manager out and we'd be fekin awesome) there would be jizz everywhere had the strikers stuck with form.

Craggs has his flaws ( chief of which imho is he doesnt take well to all the added responsibility of captaincy and asst manager) but name a Motherwell player that doesnt have flaws

I'm as keen as anyone to see the next generation, but I'm not ready just to cast one of the best current players aside just yet.

We still have a positive goal difference this season but you'd think we'd been conceding goals all over the place, the way some people go on.

In fact the Rangers match was very much the exception to the rule.

As back fours go, we have a decent one compared to most SPL teams and that includes Craigan.

I've said it before but name me the centre half at a provincial SPL club that you think is better than Craigan is.

Come on, let's see the list!

Frazer Wright, Grant Munro, Martin Canning, Michael Duberry? Yeah, they are all so much better than Crags!

Actually throw in Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen and you'll still be looking!

While Paul Quinn was far from a flawless character, he is better suited to a captain role than Craigan.

Hamilton/Goram, both c***s. no need to draw a comparison with either of them. Craigan has been a good servant to the club but he is neither a leader nor an inspiring character.

Never the worst captain either!

Like all players, Craigan has his flaws. Personally I think he keeps the defence very organised which needs to be done with the amount of youth around him. When he wasnt playing in Gannon's team our defence was shocking and Reynolds hadnt a fucking clue what he was doing! Craigan makes Reynolds a better player and im sure he can improve our players in our team and hope he stays on a coach after he retires. Although, im sure nearly all of us can agree that Craigan in footballing terms is actually pretty poor. His passing is woeful, decision making sometimes is very poor and scoring the amount of own goal he has is never good. We do need an upgrade at centre back to fill Craigan's shoes, cause personally I think he is past it. Im more than happy to make do with him for the time being though until we find a centre back who can lead the defence aswell as play good football.

Don't want to see Craigan removed, defence are shocking without him, yes he has his flaws but what player doesn't!! Without him there is no drive or leadership, just look back to last season when he wasn't playing...... IMHO nuff said!! :thumbup:

Don't want to see Craigan removed, defence are shocking without him, yes he has his flaws but what player doesn't!! Without him there is no drive or leadership, just look back to last season when he wasn't playing...... IMHO nuff said!! :thumbup:

Agree...

Are you sure?

Edit: DC'd left logged in. Its Robyn. Apologies.