John Boyle Rant On Sky Sports News

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mauld Firm, and Aberdeen want the 10 Team SPL to get their dirty hands on a bigger slice of the pie in an attept to bail them out for their financial incompetence ........ Rangers accepting less than £700k for their top scorer :lol: now what does that tell us.

Clubs have to learn to live within their means, beit a 10 team SPL or an 18 team.

If JB has had a go then bluddy good for him I say. Time more Chairmen stood up and fired some salvos at these :thumbup:

You know what - I'd rather see John's rants better timed to be honest.

He looks like a bit of a dick when he reacts to events as and when they arise.

Lets have the boot put in in the run up / debating / discussion to these events John. Lets hear it then - not after we've had these proposals - that Motherwell played a part in ar announced. It looks like sour grapes from an unhinged individual

Like last years rant about lack of a home OF gate post split - get into it in the previous years when other teams are being affected - don't wait until it only affects us.

no matter who's fault it is....money is always going to be a defining factor in the decision.

The biggest problem that i have right now is that the standard of Scottish football is fucking horrible - and getting worse. While the standard is so poor it doesn't matter if we have a 10 team or a fifty team league, people will still dwindle away from the game when they are being asked to pay a rediculous amount of money to go watch a football game - £20. It's £7 for the pictures,where it's warm...the entertainment lasts longer than 90minutes and ye can have a pint while your in there,the seats are comfier and theres usually a similar atmosphere,ie...quiet.

I know clubs have to cover their costs etc but the problem is that football is far to overpriced for the poor quality product on show. I commend John Boyle for speaking out because this needs to be a long term plan for the good of Scottish Football,not a knee jerk reaction that we will change again in a few years.

Football is a business now, and i understand Rangers,Celtic or anyone else wanting more of the cash - but surely there has to be some form of compromise on all sides for this to work. the 11-1 voting technique is stupid.What we need is a strong leader to come out and state good hard plans - not a wee blithering idiot like Neil Doncaster.

Sadly,no matter what happens i think we need to accept that Scottish Football is going to be poor for a while longer - but charging the fees that clubs do for watching football in an environment when you can't even stand up when you want to is what is driving fans away from the game - it's not because were playing the same team four times a season.

Not often I'll agree with Diggle, but once again another outburst after the horse has bolted

just watched his greet on Sky sports news I just sighed some very valid points delivered in a way that will ruin any chances of Derek Weir have any chance of working with the old firm members

rough summary: ( almost word for word but I'll not say quote for fear of retribution :thumbup: )

We should shutdown in December, we should shutdown in January

we should start season at very beginning of July

why is such an obvious proposition just been knocked aside

We suspect, because Celtic and Rangers want to play in Dubai and want to play in Toronto at the beginning of August

rather than attend to the domestic situation, they want to play in glamour pre-season friendlies at the Emirates

rather than look at the Scottish situation,

this is vital!,

we cannot continue playing football in these conditions to paltry crowds, people do not come when it's -7

so we are very upset that this has not been given the type of attention that is deserves

the 2nd thing that we wanted and we really were looking at any possibilty,

any possibility,

of changing the league,

we had no fixed opinion wether it be 10 ,12 ,14 or even 16 and we are in the democratic sway,

we would have considered everything,

but if you are going to have fundamental reconstruction there has to be fundamental redistribution of monies and what is on the table is paltry is derisory and just does not bear any relevance to the disruption

Guess its decided then MFC are all for winter shutdowns and summer football and WE have nothing to do with the ten team proposal..... put forward by us, one of six member s of the proposal strategy team

He must not be aware that "Dancing With The Stars" is on STV just now.

I agree with Coopers comments, problem is the players are so used to very decent money, too much for us to go back to an acceptable amount for a fan to pay would require them to eat humble pie and take a pay cut. When we live so close to the cash cow that is England and English Football then the quality would definitely dwindle.

Not often I'll agree with Diggle, but once again another outburst after the horse has bolted

the reason he has spoken out now is because the spl cancelled the meeting this weekend and any reform - not just a ten team league - is off the table.

if you believe what he says our contribution to the group was the proposal for a winter break and starting earlier and we were neutral about 10/12/14. he's obviously angry that just because the ten team proposal is a no go everthing else gets binned as well.

he also said the distribution of monies should be more equally spread.

So i guess he has been reading this forum.

The SPL is slowly starting to crumble, with more chairman speaking out. They just need to back up their voices with actions now. Better not hold my breath on that.

the reason he has spoken out now is because the spl cancelled the meeting this weekend and any reform - not just a ten team league - is off the table.

if you believe what he says our contribution to the group was the proposal for a winter break and starting earlier and we were neutral about 10/12/14. he's obviously angry that just because the ten team proposal is a no go everthing else gets binned as well.

I take tha in SB, as far as is reported the meeting is going ahead but the vote will not take place at this time as further discussion are required.

but what did WE and the other 5 think would happen when we dumped a shit proposal on them, one that will have a serious impact on them, with no prior consultation, they have every right to be very suspicious of everything in that document and the working party

In fact who the fuk though it would be a good idea for the six parties to lead the way without involving the others how is that good for Scottish football, getting into bed with the OF , was where we went wrong

Does anyone know exactly what the SPL offer that the SFL didn't/can't?

For one I can see slicker marketing and logo's, but I put a lot of that down to a more youthful management team who understood the importance of these facets in modern business 10+ years ago.

Other than that I'm at a loss.

Surely administration of a league, arranging fixtures plus getting consensus from chairmen can be organised by one body looking after Scottish Football's professional teams. The costs the SPL incur every year for me would be better spent on facilities such as indoor facilities and 3G pitches. That is unless I'm missing something in my nativity?

I'm more than willing to be informed.

If he doesn't say anything he gets pelters, if he does say something he gets pelters. Now his timing is not quite right, and he doesn't quite say the right thing at the right time in the right way for the liking of the jury on here. FFS the guy can't win at least he has a feckin opinion and is willing to come out in the media and have a go at the old firm.

Get a feckin grip guys eh!!

What he says is bang on and it's great to hear it coming from a Motherwell chairman.

However it will be very easily deflated by anyone citing 'sour grapes' when he goes on and has a 'rant' about it.

John Boyle has many opportunities to spout forth about scottish football.

He can at anytime stick an interview on the club website before any of this comes to pass laying out exactly where he stands.

See if it was a constant message - something that he says all the time in the media then he's got weight behind his argument. Like a say the very same with the lost gate at the split last year - after 3 or 4 clubs previously experienced the same thing in preceding years. To only spout forth when we're affected - then that's just tough shit.

I don't think anybody needs to get a grip - we're just having a view about it on a daft website.

Does anyone know exactly what the SPL offer that the SFL didn't/can't?

the spl is the 12 clubs. they employ doncaster and tell him what to do.

the reason it exists is because the top teams felt that they would be better off being in control of their own destiny rather than being alinged with another 30 clubs who's they have significant clashes of interests with.

considering the sfa, spl and sfl are all based on the same floor of hampden i doubt there is a massive amount of wasted resources.

If he doesn't say anything he gets pelters, if he does say something he gets pelters. Now his timing is not quite right, and he doesn't quite say the right thing at the right time in the right way for the liking of the jury on here. FFS the guy can't win at least he has a feckin opinion and is willing to come out in the media and have a go at the old firm.

Get a feckin grip guys eh!!

And his money is keeping the club alive.....................

Or is it the money coming through the turnstiles................. :nod:

Everybody knows about John Boyle's contribution & no-one's really saying what he said was wrong.

We're discussing what he said on the telly today apparently.

Can't remember the last time I seen him on the telly when he wasn't ranting like a loony though.

Can't remember the last time I seen him on the telly when he wasn't ranting like a loony though.

that's why he gets the air time :nod:

he was loving the praise he was getting in odense for going to war with cardiff. maybe he was reading the forum this week and thought 'the troops are a bit down in the dumps, i better go on sky sports news half cut again and rant and rave to raise morale'.

that's why he gets the air time :nod:

he was loving the praise he was getting in odense for going to war with cardiff. maybe he was reading the forum this week and thought 'the troops are a bit down in the dumps, i better go on sky sports news half cut again and rant and rave to raise morale'.

That's probably on the money :P