Casagolda

Philcounty

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree that he does not look to be any good, but in fairness to him getting 10 or 15 mins in a game is not a good basis for judging him. He needs to get a few starts and full games then he can be judged. But i suspect that the verdict will still be the same that he is Crap and can be moved on anytime

Brown didn't rate him or Knox

Why did Brown take Know to aberdeen then? :wallbash:

Seriously, think we should give him a few starts and see what he can do. Whenever I have seen Casagolda he does give 100% in effort and off the ball movement

Without any current left sided midfielder we'd be as well giving Casagolda a chance up front with big John and pushing Murphy back to left-mid, even just for the first half of the Hibs game to see how it goes against a poor defence. I can't see how Casagolda could be any worse as a striker than Forbes is as a left-mid (and thats not a dig at Forbes, I don't think he was too bad as a central midfielder under JG but out on the left he's useless).

Good shout in my eyes.... Worth a real punt.

He almost played a defence splitting pass against ICT. In fact all the time he was on I thought he did alright. Never lost the ball and found the right pass.

I said that the other day! he played well :wallbash:

He also had a belter of a run across the front of the defence but sutton never seen him and could lay it in quicker to him

I said that the other day! he played well :wallbash:

He also had a belter of a run across the front of the defence but sutton never seen him and could lay it in quicker to him

So from what we have seen from him he has almost played a great pass, has made an amazing run that none of his team mates noticed, and also had one assist (Killie last year). Has Alan Gow just put in yellow boots and slicked his hair back :P

So from what we have seen from him he has almost played a great pass, has made an amazing run that none of his team mates noticed, and also had one assist (Killie last year). Has Alan Gow just put in yellow boots and slicked his hair back :wallbash:

All I am saying is that the times he has been on the pitch (which isn't much) he has looked like he could be a decent player. He obviously isn't great or he would be getting a game every week, but he certainly hasn't looked like a total haddy that some are saying he is on these boards.

So from what we have seen from him he has almost played a great pass, has made an amazing run that none of his team mates noticed, and also had one assist (Killie last year). Has Alan Gow just put in yellow boots and slicked his hair back :P

According to ESPN sports centre on my phone he's also scored a goal and conceeded 1 goal :wallbash:

Nail on head. Scottish fitba seems enamoured with mediocre foreign pish for some reason. If he was Stevie Goldcastle he wouldn't even have been signed in the first place

Dunno about the latter, mind we took a punt on that Gregan(Forget first name and not even sure got the surname right) lad who sat on bench now and again and ended up going to Stirling Albion I think.

The fascination with the mediocre foreigner is just the hope of something different. The hope that they turn out more Nijholt than Maaskant, and that wee bit more mystery that tends to surround them where as Scottish players we've already got an opinion on most of them(usually negative) and the foreigners arrive with something of a cleaner slate upon which in likes of Casgoldas case encourages the imagination to run riot.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we need to give this guy some proper game time and see what if anything he has to offer. Shown a couple of flashes when he's came on as a sub in games but the goal machine has yet to score.

Obviously we don't get to see him in training etc. daily so have to believe there is a valid reason why he's getting skelfs on his arse every week.

Its not as if we are banging in goals with the Sutton/Murphy pairing.

So far, I was always annoyed when somebody here want Casagolda and some saw him as the savior.

On the other hand, until now he has probably don't even a single full game for Motherwell.

I should not have a bad opinion about him. And i should not be annoyed if somebody want to have him at the game.

So I would like to apologize if I reacted annoyed some who have placed their hopes on Casagolda.

Would be good to leave him time to play the full time to see what he makes of it.

Wonder if he might get a start in the Scottish Cup ?

Can't really say much about him, given the fact that even Murphy won't be a goal machine if he was playing the odd 5 or 10 mins in the occasional match.

Wasn't the worst when he came on last night as well. Can't help feeling *we* are all missing something though. There simply MUST be a reason three different managers this season have not played him for any more than 15 minutes at a time.

youve got to wonder why we did sign him.

They (Brown/Knox) must have seen something to offer him a deal. I’m not sure of the stats, but has he not scored a few in trial games and bounce matches? I know they are different from a full blown game, but at least it shows he can do it. The only way we will know for sure is to play him from the start. Personally I would begin with Sundays semi-final, it’s a game we are not expected to win so the overall risk is minimal. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

So far, I was always annoyed when somebody here want Casagolda and some saw him as the savior.

On the other hand, until now he has probably don't even a single full game for Motherwell.

I should not have a bad opinion about him. And i should not be annoyed if somebody want to have him at the game.

So I would like to apologize if I reacted annoyed some who have placed their hopes on Casagolda.

Would be good to leave him time to play the full time to see what he makes of it.

Dont worry Tamy you should have just said sorry when he bags a hat-trick on sunday :O

They (Brown/Knox) must have seen something to offer him a deal. I’m not sure of the stats, but has he not scored a few in trial games and bounce matches? I know they are different from a full blown game, but at least it shows he can do it. The only way we will know for sure is to play him from the start. Personally I would begin with Sundays semi-final, it’s a game we are not expected to win so the overall risk is minimal. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

To be honest I think he is a fraud of a player. I fully expect that in a couple of years we will see a documentary on gullible football clubs and he will be found out to be a con artist.

Ok I am exaggerating with the documentary but he is shit and an artiste de con :D:P