Casagolda

Philcounty

Says it all for me today at Hamden with 10 mins to go and McCall brings on a 34 year old left sided midfielder when we're pressing for an equaliser. This guy must be crap and if so why dont we terminate his contract. He aint ever going to get a game for us. :notworthy: . He mustn't be any good at training.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I think he is a fraud of a player. I fully expect that in a couple of years we will see a documentary on gullible football clubs and he will be found out to be a con artist.

Ok I am exaggerating with the documentary but he is shit and an artiste de con :lol::P

The only way we the fans can make a decision on Casagolda, is to see him play in some proper games. McCall watches him in training and chooses not to play him, so ultimately we may never get the chance too see if he is indeed a fraud. If he can’t get a game against Stranraer I’m afraid his time at the Well is up.

The only way we the fans can make a decision on Casagolda, is to see him play in some proper games. McCall watches him in training and chooses not to play him, so ultimately we may never get the chance too see if he is indeed a fraud. If he can’t get a game against Stranraer I’m afraid his time at the Well is up.

His time was up quite a while ago. Just playing the waiting game now. If he doesn't get decent game time against Stranraer then I think it is safe to say he is considered THAT poor a player by the management team.

Surely Stranraer would be too late? We can't afford to pay someone to just sit on the bench. I really hoped that he'd turn out to be a special player but he would have had a run of games by now if that were the case.

The fact that McCall sees a striker as his next priority, has put the final nail in the goal machines coffin.

Esteban Casagolda will go down in folklore on this forum, but when it comes to football that’s the only recognition he will ever get.

However, we are still very much keen to add to the team; particularly a striker and I will spend most of tomorrow trying to do just that.

They (Brown/Knox) must have seen something to offer him a deal. I’m not sure of the stats, but has he not scored a few in trial games and bounce matches? I know they are different from a full blown game, but at least it shows he can do it. The only way we will know for sure is to play him from the start. Personally I would begin with Sundays semi-final, it’s a game we are not expected to win so the overall risk is minimal. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We all saw him at the public trial game and no-one there rated him so it was a strange one even then I have to say.

The fact that McCall sees a striker as his next priority, has put the final nail in the goal machines coffin.

Esteban Casagolda will go down in folklore on this forum, but when it comes to football that's the only recognition he will ever get.

What i find hard to work out is why Casagolda is still at the club, i dont know what contract he was given but Brown signed him and never played him, now SMC has had a good look at him and obviously does not fancy him, so why is he not being moved on to free up some cash ?

I was up at Fir Park on the morning we signed him and he was floating around with (or sorry, behind) his entourage and I remember quite clearly thinking to myself - "what the actual fuck is going on here".

Like I said - his agent has gone to print on buying out his contract. He should be sellotaped to a seat in FP right now - with a buy out form and a fuckin biro in front of him.

Shivute and others have gone down in folklore due to their football abilities or lack of. But Casagolda can't be be remembered & laughed about in years to come for his football abilities coz no one's seen him play. Our grand kids will be asking us "daddy were you there when the legendary Casagolda graced the club" Aye i was there but you know as much about him as i do.

We all saw him at the public trial game and no-one there rated him so it was a strange one even then I have to say.

Agreed. The other trialist that was playing on the same team as Casagolda that evening looked a far better player. I assumed we'd sign that boy and was surprised to say the least when we signed Casagolda considering he'd pretty much done the square root of hee haw in the trial match.

I can only assume Brown's dementia started to set in that night...

The fans, like me, we haven`t seen enough of Casagolda. But he’s a good kid; I’ve looked at his clips when he has played and he scored a couple of goals in a bounce game last week. He is raring to go and I’m sure he will get his chance soon.

taken from the McCall interview.

PLAY HIM TONIGHT! :P

casagolda hasn't looked out of place whenever he has come on. he had a few decent touches at mcdiarmid and tannadice, he also looked not bad when he came on against st johnstone when we were 3 up.

he's obviously a guy you'd rather not need to use but he's not some sort of steve mcdonald/andy smith/keegan complete imposter of a player.