Casagolda

Philcounty

casagolda hasn't looked out of place whenever he has come on. he had a few decent touches at mcdiarmid and tannadice, he also looked not bad when he came on against st johnstone when we were 3 up.

he's obviously a guy you'd rather not need to use but he's not some sort of steve mcdonald/andy smith/keegan complete imposter of a player.

Casagolda is not good enough to play in the SPL even at a time when the level is lower than ever.

Keegan was the best of the 3 Irish lads we signed under Malpas. Actually says more of how bad Murphy & Molloy were.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fans, like me, we haven`t seen enough of Casagolda. But he's a good kid; I've looked at his clips when he has played and he scored a couple of goals in a bounce game last week. He is raring to go and I'm sure he will get his chance soon.

taken from the McCall interview.

PLAY HIM TONIGHT! :P

I would like to see him getting a chance to start a game to see what he could do, can only echo what other people have said, not seen much of him, but the limited sub apperances he has made he hasn't looked as bad as people have made out. He didn't look out of place up at rugby park when he started earlier in the season. I'd imagine he would be more likely to start the game at Stranraer than Killie tonight.

I would like to see him getting a chance to start a game to see what he could do, can only echo what other people have said, not seen much of him, but the limited sub apperances he has made he hasn't looked as bad as people have made out. He didn't look out of place up at rugby park when he started earlier in the season. I'd imagine he would be more likely to start the game at Stranraer than Killie tonight.

Well we got what we asked for Gloria started the game with Sutton on the bench and quite frankly he lasted about 40 minutes too long. Perhaps McCall felt he owed him at least an hour on the pitch to give him a chance but Id've hooked him after 45 mins.

Sorry Gloria you weren't good enough tonight.

He started the game pretty well, his link up play on the deck is pretty good, clearly has a decent touch but he is pwder puff in the challenge and cannot header a ball. Which considering he is a big unit is a joke.

Two fresh air slices in the box in the first half I think killed him stone dead. he had a chance to bury it after great work from Jones on the wing. I would give him a run on Saturday against Stranraer and then if he still is guff then it will be Adios Amigo.

He's definately not the answer, very poor indeed. I understand, to a point that he needed to be given a chance but it was clear early on that he just won't cut it. Felt as though he could play all day and night and he would never get close to a chance of a goal never mind actually scoring!!!

Casagolda lasting 70 minutes made me question 3 things.

1) Stuart McCalls integrity.

2) Motherwell Football Clubs integrity.

3) Scottish football in general.

He didn't seem to know the basics of football at all.

Struggling to find any positives on he guy at all.

Absolutely dire! It took him until the 42nd minute to get his first proper touch of the ball.

If tonight's anything to go by, it's going to be a long hard slog until the end of the season. Murphy looks to have completely gone off the boil as well. Poor decision making is costing him.

Out of the two starting forwards tonight I felt the wrong was hooked for Sutton. I can't believe people knock Casagolda when Jamie "powder puff" Murphy actively avoids being in the oppositions penalty box. I've seen pass backs hit harder than Murphy's recent shots. Hope Esteban starts against Stranraer.

Out of the two starting forwards tonight I felt the wrong was hooked for Sutton. I can't believe people knock Casagolda when Jamie "powder puff" Murphy actively avoids being in the oppositions penalty box. I've seen pass backs hit harder than Murphy's recent shots. Hope Esteban starts against Stranraer.

Here here. Give Casagolda a chance ffs. Tonight has been his first real opportunity to get minutes under his belt but I think he'll come good. No need to chastice him yet- Murphy's performance was FAR worse than Casagolda's.

aye me to , by no means was casagolda an amazing player but he wasnt any worse than jamie murphy yet he doesnt get any stick. now im as big a fan of jamie murphys as the next well fan and i think hes a great wee player but he was awful tonight when for example he kept being caught and pushed off the ball by that clown sissoko. give casagolda a chance, he's hardly played any first team football all year and you all expect him to just be banging in the goals

murphys right off the boil hes playing with no confidence and could do with a spell on the bench casagolda is pish.mccall can go on about the targets he missed out on as much as he wants but weve been desperate for a striker since he came to the club and hes done nothing about it.

Anyone want to dig out threads about Jutkiewicz after 2 starts...? "Clogger, useless, no better than what we have, should be punted." And that turned out alright.

He deserves a few more games, Sutton and Murphy (whilst maybe they are better SPL players) aren't scoring so therefore given a few games Casagolda might.

People on here and Motherwell fans in general are so so quick to judge.

Casagolda lasting 70 minutes made me question 3 things.

1) Stuart McCalls integrity.

2) Motherwell Football Clubs integrity.

3) Scottish football in general.

He didn't seem to know the basics of football at all.

Struggling to find any positives on he guy at all.

A little harsh perhaps ? Clearly McCall has decided he owes the guy a chance to prove himself although perhaps today was not the appropriate game for that.

One particular positive of Casagolda playing tonight was the fact we ditched the long ball game and outplayed Killie. It's the best football we've played in a long time. The emphasis changed almost as soon as Sutton came on though.

On to the man, put in a decent performance considering it was only his second start in 6 months and first in a few months.

Considering the guy has come from Belgian football and not had the game time to acclimatise to the SPL, I think he did enough to stay in contention for a start in Stranraer, our front line looked a lot more mobile tonight.

He took a while to get in to the game 1st half couldn't really see him but when he was running towards the davie cooper stand he looked much better in the box than we have seen previously. He was just really starting to win balls in the air working hard tackling winning the ballwhen taken off. A lot more than Murphy was doing, yeah I know he is a young boy but when you are chasing a game and our delivery into the box was not bad and getting better keep on casa and bring off Murphy, who is lacking confidence, and ping balls in to them. I was actually impressed by the big man tonight but i must have been watching a different game than the rest on this forum.

hope he starts again on sat get him to build up to being a good player for the club. He has shown some good runs but the players and looking for them or passing prime example was Murphy down the left hand wing cut it back to casagolda and its a tap in but no he shoots from a really tight angle.

**edit bad grammar lol ;):D:D **

he took a while to get in to the game 1st half couldn't really see him but when he was running towards the davie cooper stand he looked much better in the box than we have seen previously was just really starting to win balls in the air working hard tackling winning the ball alot more than Murphy was doing yh i know he is a young biy but when you are chasing a game and our deliver into the box was not bad and getting better keep on casa and bring off Murphy who is lacking confidence and ping balls up to them was actually impressed by the big man tonight but i must have been watching a different game than the rest on this forum

hope he starts again on sat get him to build up to a good player has shown some good runs but the players and looking for them or passing prime example was Murphy down the left hand wing cut it back to casagolda and its a tap in but no he shoots from a really tight angle

, . : ; ' -

Know what these are...? ;)