Casagolda

Philcounty

No disagreement but scoring in a games is very different from training and bounce games. Apparently Casagolda scores regularly in bounce games and according to McCall is lively in training. Difficult to understand why it does not translate to goals in the real world.

He's featured in a Motherwell shirt a total of nine times, and started only twice. His performances in training won't ever translate into goals in the first team unless he gets a run of games to show what he's worth.

Hopefully he'll start against Stranraer on Saturday and manage to push on from there.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and who was that
Grella. The fact that it fell through doesn't negate the point that not only did he spend a considerable amount of time looking for a striker he found one willing to join the club. Something you accused him of failing to do.

Thought the fella played alright last night. Think if he gets a few games under his belt the sharpness will come and hopefully get a few goals under his belt. He got himself into good postions at times and had a few half chances. Firmly believe he would have netted in the 2nd half if Murphy decided to square it too him rather than shoot from an acute angle. Ive seen every minute he has player for us and he hasn't done anything to suggest he is keech. Its a shame he missed 2 and a half months through injury and for obvious reasons of Blackman, Murphy and Sutton not doing to badly not to mention Browns reluctance not to drop Gow, it was always going to be hard to make an immdiate impact upon his return. He will get his chance to show what he can do now with very little experienced forwards on our books, one thing is for sure we need a goal machine quick.

I have to admit I was fairly impressed by what is aw on TV, he looked to be getting into the right positions and who knows if he does find that goal touch we might have a player on our hands. I would definitely keep him up front for the Stranraer game, two starts in a row might give him a wee confidence boost and if he bags one against them it might do him, and the team, the world of good.

He would definitely be the first name on my team sheet for Stranraer.

Anyone want to dig out threads about Jutkiewicz after 2 starts...? "Clogger, useless, no better than what we have, should be punted." And that turned out alright.

He deserves a few more games, Sutton and Murphy (whilst maybe they are better SPL players) aren't scoring so therefore given a few games Casagolda might.

People on here and Motherwell fans in general are so so quick to judge.

That's a fair point actually

However I still feel that we have been strung up a beauty and this guy isn't even a footballer. I mind saying on here (might be this thread, can't be arsed checking) that Stirling Albion signed a boy with a foreign name just because they thought it would be exiting, exotic and he would prob be better than some Scottish boy, turned out it was a Spanish tourist and when he got on for Albion didn't have a clue what to do, fell over the ball etc..

If Esteban Casagolda was a guy called Dave Smith and we signed him from the Scottish second division instead of the Belgian and he played like that last night people on here would be a LOT less lenient... :lol:

id be inclined to rest Murphy (maybe keep him as back up on the bench) for saturday and play Casagolda with Sutton,then he doesnt have to play the targetmen role and we can see how he does. Might be great,might be shite but weve gotta give him a chance

However I still feel that we have been strung up a beauty and this guy isn't even a footballer. I mind saying on here (might be this thread, can't be arsed checking) that Stirling Albion signed a boy with a foreign name just because they thought it would be exiting, exotic and he would prob be better than some Scottish boy, turned out it was a Spanish tourist and when he got on for Albion didn't have a clue what to do, fell over the ball etc..

If Esteban Casagolda was a guy called Dave Smith and we signed him from the Scottish second division instead of the Belgian and he played like that last night people on here would be a LOT less lenient... :lol:

Ach nonsense Craig...watching him at half time kickabout is enough to suggest he has better technique than most in the team.

Watch him at halftime and judge him after 5-10 consecutive starts and then tell me he's a tourist.

I have to admit I was fairly impressed by what is aw on TV, he looked to be getting into the right positions and who knows if he does find that goal touch we might have a player on our hands. I would definitely keep him up front for the Stranraer game, two starts in a row might give him a wee confidence boost and if he bags one against them it might do him, and the team, the world of good.

He would definitely be the first name on my team sheet for Stranraer.

Seriously, on this guy you have to watch his performances in the flesh to realise how brutal he is.

Seriously, on this guy you have to watch his performances in the flesh to realise how brutal he is.

Couldn't agree more, Gunning set him up with a perfect ball across goal all he had to do was make contact with the ball and it was in, somehow he managed to miss it.

If he is a goal machine then I'm the Dalai Llama