Entrance Prices

biggayal0

Sorry not sure where to post this so just started a new thread.

Just to fill you in – I’m now in my mid 30’s and have being going to well games now for the best part of 20 years, a lot of ups and downs over this time.

I’ve had a season ticket for the last 10 year but last season didn’t renew due to work, and to be totally honest as time went on I didn’t really miss going, this year didn’t renew either due to spending time with family etc I decided to just pay at the gate and pick and choose games, now like a lot of fans I know.

Went to game this weekend, before going in went to ticket office and bought 2 tickets for semi final- 1 adult 1 child =£20.00 great value for a semi at the national stadium with all its facility’s (reasonable seats and food, depending on your opinion)

Then walked round to the east stand and paid at the game for me and my 9 year old lad - £24.00. Walked into east stand to the usual pie stands with nothing they have on the menus available and having to wade through human pish already running out of the toilets.

This I feel is the real reason we are losing fans week by week, massively overpriced product.

League reconstruction honestly wouldn’t bother me as I still like watching a fitba game, even though the game v Inverness was hopeless that wouldn’t bother me, but paying more to get into that than a semi at Hamden?

You are havin’ a laugh, and some folk still wonder why our crowds are going down, Motherwell your nearly about to lose my support and of future support of my kids and many folk like us.

I do hope the Club and beyond are reading/taking notice of posts such as this one. The content is becoming increasingly common amongst modern day fans. We deserve better for less.

As for the East Stand ?

This is I believe a Top Priority issue for MFC before more empty seats and perhaps closure is forced upon them :P

they can do whatever they like with the league reconstruction but i dont see it having a impact on attendances unless prices are dropped permanently.the standard on show is at a all time low and imo we should be paying £10 to get in.i mentioned on another thread that i know well fans that used to be regulars that simply canny afford to go anymore and i was wondering if anybody on here know of motherwell fans that dont go to games anymore due to the cost

I'll go with the cost but kiosks having no stock? Pish running out the toilets? Did you forget to post after the Boxing Day game or was I just that excited about getting my pie before going to my seat in time for kick-off that I failed to notice?

Or is this what it's going to be from now on, every time someone wants a moan they'll bring up the specific problems of that day and make out they're recurring? That's the 2nd time someone has referred to pish running out of the toilets on Saturday so I'm beginning to think I must have hovered along to my seat when I went in. I didn't have that many Becks before the game.

My main problem is i stand in actual urine to queue for a pie that they dont have in stock

Some daft lassie on saturday when i asked what pies they have went "ehhhhh we only do one" and i told her they do steak and mince she said shes never seen a steak pie. But thats not the point

actual pish flows out of the toilet behind my seat wtf! surely health and safety rules are rife on things like that?

I do hope the Club and beyond are reading/taking notice of posts such as this one. The content is becoming increasingly common amongst modern day fans. We deserve better for less.

As for the East Stand ?

This is I believe a Top Priority issue for MFC before more empty seats and perhaps closure is forced upon them :D

Agree , bu as we all know,its not a stand its a terrace with seats!

The last time I was in it was Skippy sunday,so I cant comment on the current conditions.

But agree prices are excessive for the product provided at the moment in SPL......but would the club survive if the prices drop ???? Would it put more bums on seats at £15 ????

The more you think about it though.

You should be charging what the product is worth in the market and what research tells you would increase attendances.

Right now clubs charge the people they believe will be there regardless, the most they can get away with.

I think it's a shame that there are probably guys sitting in the house that would pay £10 or £15 while the club would quite happily have empty seats.

Another area where in Scottish Footbal very little imagination has been applied.

What about a limited section of £15 seats on a Saturday. (first come first served)

What about a buy in advance ticket - buy it a few weeks in advance and you get it cheaper. (bit like some of the train companies)

Agree , bu as we all know,its not a stand its a terrace with seats!

The last time I was in it was Skippy sunday,so I cant comment on the current conditions.

But agree prices are excessive for the product provided at the moment in SPL......but would the club survive if the prices drop ???? Would it put more bums on seats at £15 ????

If they vote through the 10 team league they could reduce the price to £2 a head and the crowds wouldn't increase

The more you think about it though.

You should be charging what the product is worth in the market and what research tells you would increase attendances.

Right now clubs charge the people they believe will be there regardless, the most they can get away with.

I think it's a shame that there are probably guys sitting in the house that would pay £10 or £15 while the club would quite happily have empty seats.

Another area where in Scottish Footbal very little imagination has been applied.

What about a limited section of £15 seats on a Saturday. (first come first served)

What about a buy in advance ticket - buy it a few weeks in advance and you get it cheaper. (bit like some of the train companies)

problem with offering that sort of thing is that you risk alienating the season ticket holders. anyone know what the average price per game is with a season ticket?

i only make a few games a season for a number of reasons .. but the price is a major factor.

something needs to give

problem with offering that sort of thing is that you risk alienating the season ticket holders. anyone know what the average price per game is with a season ticket?

i only make a few games a season for a number of reasons .. but the price is a major factor.

something needs to give

That old chestnut.

I'm a season ticket holder and I still think it's mental that we're no' floggin seats.

Everybody has their own reasons for buying a season book

Mines isn't purely the discount.

I know that if I pay it up front I'll get to all the games. if I didn't come near payday I'd be missing matches. I also think it's good that I can make that financial commitment to the club.

I'd buy a season ticket regardless of what incentives were being offered on a semi regular basis to increase the fan base. (although like we've discussed in other threads the move back to 10 teams has me seriously wavering)

Some folk would be spittin feathers though - agreed.

I'm sure with a bit of thought (not likley in the SPL I know) we could come up with a way to ensure Season Ticket holders feel incentivised to purchase ST's.

I'm sure Hearts did the early ticket thing a while back and not sure what impact it had.

I think MFC need to look at the product that they offer and take reponsibility, so while the SPL as a whole has an impact on the footie side MFC provides a product in terms of what the fan gets in and around the ground on matchday and our matchday experience must be amongst the worst in the SPL. Radical changes need to be driven by the board to get the fans back on side!

My main problem is i stand in actual urine to queue for a pie that they dont have in stock

actual pish flows out of the toilet behind my seat wtf! surely health and safety rules are rife on things like that?

Where?

Every game?

Have you tested it to see if it's maybe just water cos the roof leaking? :D

Where?

Every game?

Have you tested it to see if it's maybe just water cos the roof leaking? :D

I might taste it next time to see if it tastes better than the watered down cola!

Against Rangers it was flowing out the toilet and down by all our seats, it was so bad they closed the toilets off. then against ICT you could smell it when u were standing to get a pie

I might taste it next time to see if it tastes better than the watered down cola!

Against Rangers it was flowing out the toilet and down by all our seats, it was so bad they closed the toilets off. then against ICT you could smell it when u were standing to get a pie

Aye against Rangers it was, on Saturday it wasn't. Another poster said the same but because it happened once in extreme circumstances doesn't mean it happens every game. Folk are just making things up now to suit their argument. Course you can smell it when the toilets are right next to you, it's a shite design of a 'stand' and should be returned to standing immediately but when you grow up with c***s pishing where they stand, sometimes in other folks pockets or down the backs of toruser legs (Aye it happened) you kinda learn to put up with minor inconveniences like toilets being smelly shock horror.

Mind come back and tell us what it tastes like.

Yours

Interested of Knowetop

Previously I had tried to stay optimistic about the state of the game and the Well in particular. There was an earlier thread where everyone was saying they would not be back. Well relucatantly I am now joining that crew. Given the way the fans have been treated over the 10 team SPL and the poor "entertainment" on offer at such high prices I will not be spending any more time travelling up and down from Aberdeen. I have bought tickets for the semi but even attending that is a big doubt.

Never felt so downbeat and disenfranchised in my time of following football. It seems to be a case of the clubs saying gives us your money and shut the fuck up we know best. Well I hope JB and his 11 other chairmen do and can pull a rabbit out of the hat and save the game but as they say in Dragon's Den - "I'm out".

Sorry if its already been posted but are entry prices not set by the SPL as opposed to the club? That was my understanding anyway. I agree that the price is too high but don't necessarily think the standard is worse than ever. Were are a little short at this moment in time but thats all IMO.

People want a better product at cheaper prices. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS!!! How do we get this should be the real point of discussion. So. The only way to do this is start bringing in more money from other streams. But then the fans dinnae want this, cos it 'alienates them'. But we still demand cheaper prices and better football!!

To be fair, am one of those very fans. But simply put, It's a big durty catch 22 so it is, and scottish fitba isn't gona wriggle out of it without some serious imagination!

Great idea.

problem with offering that sort of thing is that you risk alienating the season ticket holders

Simple make the season tickets that cheap that loads will buy during the summer. Buy one get one free, that sort of thing.

Scottish football is on its knees. The fans who've kept it running over the years have had enough, clubs have to now look at seriously dropping the prices.

Great idea.

Simple make the season tickets that cheap that loads will buy during the summer. Buy one get one free, that sort of thing.

Scottish football is on its knees. The fans who've kept it running over the years have had enough, clubs have to now look at seriously dropping the prices.

I say it every year but a much reduced season ticket is the way forward, like you say BOGOF or the much talked about 'Bradford' scheme albeit on a smaller scale. The summer is when to get folk in. There is ALWAYS an excitement and buzz pre-season. Punt dirt-cheap Season Tickets in the summer or risk 3000 crowds from now on in. Even getting, say £99 for a Season Ticket for the east stand is £99 more than nothing! The club CAN'T rely on anyone paying at the gate, as soon as we get the hump it is too easy to just 'leave it' for the rest of the season as many threads testify to now.

Even in my own state of mind right now about Motherwell and the SPL (not good if you haven't reas my posts!) come the summer when I am kicking around itching my baws, bored, if Motherwell offered me a Season ticket for £99 I would take it and pop along to most of the games just because. I know a couple of mates who would sling Motherwell £99 easy just for something to do that don't go the now. My da would take one, so would my sister. There's £500 from my one little example. AS it stands next season it will be £0 or perhaps a couple of games from us. Think about how many other examples every single Motherwell fan no doubt has?

This isn't me just wanting in for a few quid. I think it could work. If the club want they could offset this by throwing 2 or 3 quid onto the PATG price for any daft bugger that wants in. If the club are offering STs for a ton then you would be mental not to take it, even if you 'might' only go to 5 or 6 games. Interest free credit could be available too. Additionally why the club don't send someone round every school in Lanarkshire literally handing out free tickets is beyond me. A couple of hundred weans sitting in FP for free every couple of home games is better than a plastic seat sitting empty. Alternate the schools so the kids don't 'rely' on the freebies and maybe wander up themselves (with their parents and familes perhaps, kerching) if they get into it.

Anyway, the jist of the matter is that football entry should be a nominal price. At the moment with so many people fed up and disillusioned the high price is enough to EASILY miss a game.

Having said I'm not sure if it's feasable to drop the season ticket prices massively, I'm an example of how it can work. I definitely wouldn't have gotten into going to games (maybe wouldn't even be a mwell fan) if it wasn't for the 50 quid season tickets they sell at Dalziel. Folk like me who never had any family members to introduce them can easily be won over by heavily reduced STs.

I don't understand why they don't do that offer round every school in the area, gauranteed to make some new well fans!

This subject has reared its head every few weeks or so, and whilst i'm 110% behind any & all ideas of getting more punters through the gate at Fir Park, it has to be said that in all the discussions being had about revitalising our game the powers that be have never mentioned pricing, have they?

Flipside of that though and something you'd have to watch, is the fact that I paid a couple of hundred quid-odd for my season ticket...so thats whats keeping me going to games at the moment. I dont want to waste the money that i've paid out. If it had been free/cheap enough that it didn't matter too much, I probably wouldn't be bothering.