Claret And Amber Ribbon On The Cup?

prideoflanarkshire

Was it by any chance the Hampden Comeback where we lost ?

It was indeed and although we did indeed lose we were a David Clarkson sitter away from getting to the final. Cup football is different and our chances can't just be dismissed because we are playing pish in the league at this moment in time. These are one off games so who knows. Back then we got a kind draw and this could happen again. Once you get to a final who knows what can happen.

It was indeed and although we did indeed lose we were a David Clarkson sitter away from getting to the final. Cup football is different and our chances can't just be dismissed because we are playing pish in the league at this moment in time. These are one off games so who knows. Back then we got a kind draw and this could happen again. Once you get to a final who knows what can happen.

I suppose you can take the Dundee rout as an example because we were expecting defeat judging by League form and won 4-0.

Of course we can win it but imo every team that wins a cup needs the luck of the draw and as you know Motherwell and cup draws is shite. Fair bet next round will be away to the winner of the mould firm game.

I don't get all this hype about the sheep winning something. Sure they are on a good run but they have played all the shitey teams. The only decent team they played was Utd & they couldnt beat them.

I don't think we would lose a final to Aberdeen.

Those bastards have had too much over us recently, McGhee, Brown, Blackman etc.

Its about time something went for us, and given how much their fans live in a fantasy world about their place in football, it would be poetic justice for us to turn them over in a cup final.

Plus, as Humphrey said in an interview when Brown left......... "I hope we give them a doo'in!"

Im old enough to remember 1991 and we could tell something special was about to happen. We had the great Davie Cooper and we beat Celtic 3 games in arow. Now this season we're pants and have been for about 2 months now so much as it pains me we're winning feck all. We'll be lucky to beat Stranraer or Stenny in the next round of the Scottish cup. :lol:

Im old enough to remember 1991 and we could tell something special was about to happen. We had the great Davie Cooper and we beat Celtic 3 games in arow. Now this season we're pants and have been for about 2 months now so much as it pains me we're winning feck all. We'll be lucky to beat Stranraer or Stenny in the next round of the Scottish cup. <_>

Agree there was a feeling that we were building up towards something back then. From that season where it took us to November to win a game after that the momentum started building and we began pushing on from the annual relegation battle. With a couple of semi-finals in mid-late 80's too there was a growing feeling that we were long overdue a day in the sun at Hampden.

But you could say the same about these last few seasons too, that we've been building up towards something - we hoped it might have been the Europa League Group stages. Could just be its a Cup win that could turn out to be the pinnacle of what has been a very good last three or four years for the club.

So a bit unfair to be so dismissive of the current lot - oh and Davie Cooper was sitting in the commentary box for sky in the Semi Finals at Hampden.

Agree there was a feeling that we were building up towards something back then. From that season where it took us to November to win a game after that the momentum started building and we began pushing on from the annual relegation battle. With a couple of semi-finals in mid-late 80's too there was a growing feeling that we were long overdue a day in the sun at Hampden.

But you could say the same about these last few seasons too, that we've been building up towards something - we hoped it might have been the Europa League Group stages. Could just be its a Cup win that could turn out to be the pinnacle of what has been a very good last three or four years for the club.

So a bit unfair to be so dismissive of the current lot - oh and Davie Cooper was sitting in the commentary box for sky in the Semi Finals at Hampden.

I hope to god we are building towards something now - the size of our squad. We do have some talented youth coming through so maybe hey will become legends in the cups

Once again the sheep come up short against a half decent team. They are winning fuck all this year. They were just lucky that when judas joined them they had a run of games against all the diddy teams.

They seem to think different. They really are pretentious twats.

aberdeen.jpg

ON SALE NOW

-------------

They seem to think different. They really are pretentious twats.

aberdeen.jpg

ON SALE NOW

-------------

Wouldn't expect anything less from them to be honest. They still think they are stuck in the 80's. Hopefully they get a bump down to earth sooner rather than later.

I can't wait for the game on sunday. With the league being so tight they can't afford to make an arse of it and rest players and such for there midweek game, so I fancy our chances, we are due a win over this mob.