Hutchy

Kris*Kaizer 2*Nunn

Right boys,

I'll tell you what, Im so impressed with Hutch, I couldn't remember him being so good. he seems to have the lot

Strong in the air

good in a challenge

good at going forward

has a great pass

calm and composed in possesion

and not feart of a good slide tackle!

I think we have our ready made replacement for Reynolds in this boy and i wish him all the luck in the world.

Miles better today Motherwell I was so impressed but great play by wee hutch

just watching the game on BBC Alba and big Meathead had a fantastic first half (2nd half only just started) , big strong boy and decent on the ball, loves his tackles + aerial challenges and the most encouraging thing is he rarely misses a header or tackle, really promising

I hate to say i told you so but i KNEW he would be a good player and much better than Reynolds. I've been wanting Hutchie in the team for yonks and now hopefully injury free his Motherwell career can take off. :D . By the way Cragan's doing ok beside him and with the Excellent Hammell and Randolph and Hately at right back i have to say our defence is sound.

Em guys, Reynolds had a brilliant first season for Motherwell. Hutchinson still has to match that, never mind anything else.

Hutchinson is a very good prospect but lets face it Hibs were the worst team I've seen at Fir Park this season and they could have played all day and not scored. Not the sternest test in the world. Doing well today doesn't make you a world beater.

I like Hutchinson but he's a young player and he has a lot to learn.

While I agree that Hutch looked good today and I have been impressed by his performances, particularly at the start of last season, it would be dangerous to start getting carried away. it was pretty dire for the most part today with neither team playing very much football, however we can take some comfort out of the clean sheet and the three points. Hopefully this will continue to build up the confidence of young players like Hutch as they are the key to our future.

Hutchinson is clearly a very different style of defender to what Mark Reynolds was. Hutch is a much more in your face kinda player and his physical presence will see him dominate many an attacker in the SPL.

And I think in part that's why he makes such an impact when we play is that its so often us who seem to be if not the smaller, but weaker team against many of our SPL opponents. Yet put Hutch in there and he offers a dominance and assurance that hasn't been always been there. Hasn't it been great seeing strikers just bounce off him as he destroys them in the air in the last couple of weeks?

The fact when you are defending and attacking you now have Saunders and Hutchinson in there makes a big difference - and if we are going to see more of the likes of Johnny Page and Steven Meechan who again are more sturdy units, then it makes a whole lot more able to go toe-to-toe with other teams when the need arises.

Got to agree that Hutchinson is a great prospect, although I'm a little worried that the 1st time he mistimes a tackle he will be red carded and whoever he hits will land in wishaw general. Having said that, once opponents get to know this then I'm sure it will give us an extra edge.

I thought Hutchinson and Saunders were great yesterday. Hutchinson has the potential to be a superb centre half!

All our young guys did well. Page and Meechan looked solid and both appear to be able to hit a pass. Very encouraging.

The reality is we need these guys in the team as their deals are ticking over and if we are to make money out of them then they need to play. Obvioulsy it would be great if we get the balance right between some signing longer deals and one or two moving on for a handsome profit (clearly I'm getting ahead of myself here).

All our young guys did well. Page and Meechan looked solid and both appear to be able to hit a pass. Very encouraging.

Not slating the guy, he's young and just starting out but to these eyes Meechan hasn't shown much so far, except that he is a big, sturdy lad.

Page on the other hand has shown something but he's had more game time.

Got to agree that Hutchinson is a great prospect, although I'm a little worried that the 1st time he mistimes a tackle he will be red carded and whoever he hits will land in wishaw general. Having said that, once opponents get to know this then I'm sure it will give us an extra edge.

I made the mistake of telling him he would play in the EPL one day in the Centenary. He then spent most of the season injured. So I will keep my mouth shut.

Craigan on BBC Alba said he was the HARDEST player in the current squad - "He would head through a brick wall and enjoy it". Certainly he will win more aerial challenges than Reynolds ever would. Reynolds was a VERY decent player for Motherwell, but I am just glad we have a ready made replacement who has the potential to be a big player for us. Let us hope he stays injury free....

With Hutch and Saunders in the side, I now get excited when we win a corner. At last, we have a variety of aerial threat. It's been a while since I felt that.

Page is pretty decent with a header aswell. When he was on yesterday I was dying for us to get a few corners as although Hibs are a big side think with Saunders, Page, Hutch and Sutton we have for the first time in a few years a real threat from set pieces. Was encouraging to see Hammell take the corners aswell. His deliveries were excellant yesterday.