Semi Final

joe90

Our 2 games against Rangers this season although we got gubbed at least we scored as we did in 2005 at least we got a goal. There's NO WAY we're scoring on sunday it's Motherwell 0 Rangers 2-3-4. I cant even be arsed watching this game on telly as i hate the league cup anyway. :doh:

I love the League Cup = goes back a long time to the old Sections at the beginning of each season. Something to look forward to after the summer holidays and it eased us into the new season. But mainly because it was my first visit to the great Hampden Park to see the `Well in the League Cup Final. A great day in the memory of a youngster (did`nt matter a dot that we were humped 4 - 2 by a great Hearts side but it did prepare me for great days out at Hampden with a terrible result to follow)

The beauty about following the `Well is that the few successful days are treasured moments and for that reason I will be there on Sunday, cheering on the boys and ......just.....maybe...!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our 2 games against Rangers this season although we got gubbed at least we scored as we did in 2005 at least we got a goal. There's NO WAY we're scoring on sunday it's Motherwell 0 Rangers 2-3-4. I cant even be arsed watching this game on telly as i hate the league cup anyway. :doh:

"I dont want to support my team because I think we will get beat" What sort of attitude is that.

We are Motherwell fans. We don't expect to win every game, if we did we would support rangers or shellic. Its all part of the roller coaster.

You should be ashamed to call yourself a supporter of our club! I for one will be at Hampden, shouting the team on as i do no matter if I think we will get pumped or win easy. And if we get beat, i will still support them evermore.

We're gonnae fuckin' beat this shite, and those 'Well fans who "could be bothered" actually going to support their team in a national cup semi-final at Hampden will be delighted they did.

Some of the posts on here are absolutely embarrassing.

Catch the rest of the you gloryhunting bastards at the final.

Mon the 'Well.

Only takes a massive deflection, an og or craigan trying a beckham pass only to slice it luckily in the top corner for us to win. Remember arnott lobbing bonner with a header, o.neils 40 yarder, Kirk's cross come shot. Its a fine line and we may just get lucky.

What a miserable bunch of defeatist human beings some of you are :O

I don't actually mind the defeatist attitude on here, I fully expect us to lose on Sunday to be honest. But nothing in football is guaranteed and I'll be going to Hampden to support the team with the belief we can win.

I also don't think anyone could grumble if people aren't going because they can't afford it or they have other important commitments etc. Football isn't a priority for most people.

But not going because you blatantly can't be bothered as we're most likely going to lose?! What an absolute pile of shite. No better than the Rangers and Celtic fans up and down the country who support the Old Firm because "they're the best".

In fact, they're right. We're gonnae lose, what's the point, I'll just bin my brief. And in fact, we're pretty unlikely to make Europe this year so it'll either be mid-table or relegation - not much glory in that, so might as well just chuck it for the season. And money's tight, so we could be looking at mediocrity for the foreseeable future so fuck it, why don't we all just chuck being 'Well fans? I'm sure one of us (DEWELL perhaps?) could start up a Steelmen Online Rangers Supporters Club. Then we can all feel motivated enough to go see our team in a semi-final because we'll probably win.

Arsepieces. Never thought I'd see the day that there would be actual blatant gloryhunters in the Motherwell support, because I never thought the chance of gloryhunting would actually present itself. But there you go.

The worst part is, if we actually pull this off on Sunday, then these ghouls will be lauding it over their h*n mates, and giving it big licks at work on Monday about how their team managed to beat Rangers in a semi-final. As I said, no better than the Old Firm gloryhunters.

Fuck them. Mon the 4,000 'Well fans going to Hampden.

In about this shite, Motherwell!

What about if you actually think Motherwell are going to win but still aren't going because you can't be arsed? Maybe can't be arsed is the wrong phrase. I feel very disenchanted with it at the minute, so much so that even though I have a sneaky feeling we'll do it on Sunday I can't bring myself to go to the game. What does that make me?

Those who are not going because we're going to lose, I agree, need to take a look at themselves. Just don't tar everyone who can't bring themselves to go with the same brush...

I don't actually mind the defeatist attitude on here, I fully expect us to lose on Sunday to be honest. But nothing in football is guaranteed and I'll be going to Hampden to support the team with the belief we can win.

I also don't think anyone could grumble if people aren't going because they can't afford it or they have other important commitments etc. Football isn't a priority for most people.

But not going because you blatantly can't be bothered as we're most likely going to lose?! What an absolute pile of shite. No better than the Rangers and Celtic fans up and down the country who support the Old Firm because "they're the best".

In fact, they're right. We're gonnae lose, what's the point, I'll just bin my brief. And in fact, we're pretty unlikely to make Europe this year so it'll either be mid-table or relegation - not much glory in that, so might as well just chuck it for the season. And money's tight, so we could be looking at mediocrity for the foreseeable future so fuck it, why don't we all just chuck being 'Well fans? I'm sure one of us (DEWELL perhaps?) could start up a Steelmen Online Rangers Supporters Club. Then we can all feel motivated enough to go see our team in a semi-final because we'll probably win.

Arsepieces. Never thought I'd see the day that there would be actual blatant gloryhunters in the Motherwell support, because I never thought the chance of gloryhunting would actually present itself. But there you go.

The worst part is, if we actually pull this off on Sunday, then these ghouls will be lauding it over their h*n mates, and giving it big licks at work on Monday about how their team managed to beat Rangers in a semi-final. As I said, no better than the Old Firm gloryhunters.

Well said Jay.

We're gonnae fuckin' beat this shite, and those 'Well fans who "could be bothered" actually going to support their team in a national cup semi-final at Hampden will be delighted they did.

Some of the posts on here are absolutely embarrassing.

Catch the rest of the you gloryhunting bastards at the final.

Mon the 'Well.

And you said this wouldny happen to you til the morning of the game Mr Henderson!! Underestimating yourself methinks :P:O

Knew that this would happen, dragging my arse at the start of the week and was going out of a feeling of duty more than anything else.

Now it's Friday, a couple of days to go and fuck me I'm actually getting a bit excited about this again.

We might, probably, get beaten but fuck it lets get right in about these h*n bastards. Fucking hate Rangers and how good would it be to do these bams over.

C'mon the fuckin 'Well.

well said jay + 1

Get it right up the 'Cant be arsed brigade'

I'm glad I'm not going if I'd have to sit with the "holier than thou" brigade.

Is this going to become "you're only a real fan if you were at Bucharest/Nancy/Inverness away that cold November three years ago*"?

*Delete as applicable

Ever occur to people that some people might not be going simply because they're not that bothered about the result? If we win, I'll smile and get back to reading the paper. If we lose, I'll grimace and get back to reading the paper? Feeling that way about it, should I really be going to the game?

I know, reading that makes it sound like I'm not a "true Well fan". Well, that may be so, but a couple of months ago, I'd have given my left testicle for us to win on Sunday so it's a new state of affairs for me. Do I feel slightly odd not going? Absolutely. Should I feel as I'm performing some kind of dereliction of duty by not going? No, get yourself to fuck, it's only a football game...

will you go to the final if we make it Melvin?

If I'm still in the same frame of mind, probably not. I was at the Hibs game to catch up with the guys I go to the games with. I have my season ticket so I'll pop along to home games out of habit and for a blether. Beyond that, don't see myself getting to any games...

We need to get McGhee back Melvin so you have something to get your teeth into.

I've not been far off your position in recent months but the Cup(s) have kept me going. If you were to seas busloads of 'Well fans departing the town on Sunday, would that no tug at your heart a wee bit?

:O You've taken that too far...

As I said, it does feel kind of odd knowing the game is on Sunday and I'm not going. I was offered a freebie yesterday and turned it down because quite frankly I'd feel like a fraud being there. Sitting surrounded by thousands chewing their hands off with the tension while I sit not that bothered, I'd feel like a fish out of water.

Sad thing is, I have a funny feeling we might win. Obviously we wouldn't if McGhee was in charge... :P

Well said mate.

:O

if a cup semi final at hampden doesn't stir you a wee bit and tempt you dream you'd be as well chucking fitba all together and taking up trainspotting or stamp collecting.

Too right,the odds may be against us but look at Ross County in their semi last year .So lets get stuck into these c***s. I've waited forty years to beat these bastards in a cup tie. Mon The Well B-)

PS can you tell i'm getting more hyped up as the day draws closer :P Just cannae help myself :D

I'm looking forward to a wee jolly to Hampden on Sunday. Not least because my die hard work collegue has spent the past 2 weeks telling me how much they're gonna hump us, so it'll be nice when we gub rangers 4-3 (they'll get close, but they'll no win).

Not heading in for 10.30am with the rest tho or we'll not make the game! Will start the sociables about 12, to warm the cockles for the match :O