Marc Reynolds

DEWELL

Thought today Reynolds nearly started his goal a game to the opposition trend again with that howling pass in the first 5 minutes which thankfully the Falkirk player fannied about and didn't get his shot in. Also 2 heartfluttering moments in the 2nd half one when he missed a header when a half inch jump would've had him making contact and another when he chased back and kicked a clearance into our box and straight to one of their strikers. I cant wait till the day comes when we sign another central defender to play alongside Craigan. My mates all agreed we should've signed Pressley who certainly still looks fit and solid. I do think Reynolds could do a job for us left side of midfield but as a defender he's CRAP! :P .

I think he is a good young player. His pace at times is a real asset and he is good with the ball at his feet. He does make mistakes but so does Craigan. Look at Dundee Utd last week, their defence was desperate to loose goals and Wilkie is a rated defender. It happens. I would however like to see him in another position, and that may happen if we can sign another central defender.

I agree with you about Pressley today. Thought his experience showed but I'd rather have a young, promising player than a has-been.

Are you really a motherwell fan,? Delwell

You have done nothing but slate the players, try looking for some positives instead of continually looking for faults, so ok we didn't win today but we didn't lose either!!!

I thought the team in a whole battled well, and on another day the ball would have ended up in the back of the net, but today it was not to be......but it wasn't for the lack of effort.

Have a read at the official site and get a man's opinion on the game today who seems to know what he's talking about.

Of course im a Well fan i just dont think cental defence is Reynolds best position i think he's got bags of pace and a decent left foot and would do a good job left side of midfield in a Steven Pearson type role. Thats how i see it and i watch him home and away. :P .

I do think Reynolds could do a job for us left side of midfield but as a defender he's CRAP!

You are not the only person to think this by any means but, with all due respect, I think you are talking a lot of rubbish. What are you basing this on? The one game he played on the left side where he had a nightmare or the loads of games in the center of defense where he has played blinders?

OK, I fully accept he's not been as good as he was when he first burst into the team but it wasn't that long ago Motherwell fans were complaining that Darren Barr had been called up to the Scotland squad and Mark Reynolds hadn't and this was based on his performances at center back not as a left sided player.

People forget he is still a young player learning the game and I think he has suffered this season from a) being tagged as a million pound player and the link with Rangers and b) missing an experienced partner for a lot of the season.

Just like Clarkson he can come back again not just to his past form but become an even better player than he was before but supporters need to let him mature as a defender and get off his back because his potential to be a really good player is still there even if his form has suffered a bit lately.

If the original poster would rather have Pressley in the team than Reynolds I think he should be banned from posting on the grounds of mental insanity. Reynolds is a young boy who wasn't at his best today and Pressley is a seasoned pro who looked mediocre at best in a crap team.

I know which one I'd rather have.

Jeezo Mark Reynolds is 21 years old. He has hardly put a foot wrong in 100 odd games for Motherwell and in most of them has been immense. However, there was bound to be a period where he wouldnt be playing that well as he is still learning the game. A rest may not be a bad idea but to say he is crap in that position is just a load of rubbish in my opinion.

He's 21

He'll be more physical in time

He'll be more consistent in time.

Some of the current darlings of the board have had spells (even seasons) when their form has dipped.

I find it amazing how we all sit in the stands and from 100 yards away can scream at a player for missing a header, or failing to intercept a pass, or get back and make a tackle.

Considering the pace of the game, it's physical nature, the surface, the distance we're away from play - and how hard opposition players are fighting to retain possession or get to the same ball.

If only all our games we're played on a PlayStation eh?

Jeezo Mark Reynolds is 21 years old. He has hardly put a foot wrong in 100 odd games for Motherwell and in most of them has been immense. However, there was bound to be a period where he wouldnt be playing that well as he is still learning the game. A rest may not be a bad idea but to say he is crap in that position is just a load of rubbish in my opinion.

Yep, agree he probably just needs a rest, no doubting his potential and his performances up to the end of last season, at least. His main recurring fault this year (although I obviously don't see the full 90 mins of every game from here, but I've heard all the ones I haven't seen) seems to be how easily he's been turned by opponents, leading directly to at least two goals that I can remember-- hopefully something that any decent coach should be able to sort out.

Anyone not maybe think that as well as Craigan being out for long spells, that the fact Chris McCart isn't here this season might be playing a part. I know McCart was invlved in the youth development side, but I don't think there is any doubting that he was seen as part of a 3 man team.

Considering he was the only defender on the coaching staff, perhaps not having him there for advice has affected Mark.

I don't understand folk who slate Mark Rynolds continually. I mean there's a guy somewhere behind me in the Cooper who even before Reynolds makes a mistake he's on his back and if he does make a mistake he's called everything under the sun. If you look at him over the whole time he's played at the back for us he's done very little wrong. Its just that as a defender every mistake you make is highlighted excessively. He's still young, he's still learning.

I mean there's a guy somewhere behind me in the Cooper who even before Reynolds makes a mistake he's on his back and if he does make a mistake he's called everything under the sun.

Reynolds is not the first, and he certainly won't be the last. Sure psychlogists call it the bullied syndrome. Where someone, who is in either a dead end job or bullied at school or something takes it out their frustration from the safety of a crowd.

There is a long line of players in our history that have suffered from this, a whole load of them in our current squad. Smith, Quinn, Craigan, Reynolds, Hammell, Fizzy and Clarkson to name just a few (more than half the team :wallbash: ).

Reynolds is not the first, and he certainly won't be the last. Sure psychlogists call it the bullied syndrome. Where someone, who is in either a dead end job or bullied at school or something takes it out their frustration from the safety of a crowd.

There is a long line of players in our history that have suffered from this, a whole load of them in our current squad. Smith, Quinn, Craigan, Reynolds, Hammell, Fizzy and Clarkson to name just a few (more than half the team ;) ).

Phsychologists would have a field day on here as well as in the ground.

I've seen the 'bullied syndrome' referred to by posters both on here and the previous version of the forum.

As well as probably being bullied earlier in life - they're probably wife or kid beaters at present.

The most common topic for someone to post on here is to moan about a player.

The sniping from the terracing is beginning to really get me down. In fact if I dont renew my season ticket next season it will be more to do with being sick to the back teeth of sitting amongst the bile than anything the board / management of MFC can conjure up.

I've got a mate who pays regularly at the gate - recently told me he won't be back to where I sit in the East as him and his boy don't want to sit amongst the crap that goes on.

Phsychologists would have a field day on here as well as in the ground.

wha's like us? dam few an' their a' mad! :woop:

As well as probably being bullied earlier in life - they're probably wife or kid beaters at present.

There must be hundreds of Wife's and wean's running about with black eyes if this is true.

I've got a mate who pays regularly at the gate - recently told me he won't be back to where I sit in the East as him and his boy don't want to sit amongst the crap that goes on.

Yer seat must be in the centre section of the stand as its where I've heard the worst shit coming out of some people's mouth's. I remember watching the first game of the season from there about 4 years ago and within 20 mins. the guy behind had given abuse to about 6 players, this prompted my brother to stand up, turn to the guy and tell him to shut his mouth and start supporting the team! - my brother was that mad I thought he was going to get lifted and still goes on about the "mouthy git" :lol:

I sit in the Cooper and i've noticed a new thing in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Whereas folk used to scream and bawl at the players everytime they made a mistake, now it seems they will unload a torrent of abuse if a player does something different from what they thought he should have...even if it's not a mistake!! It really is getting beyond a joke as far as the amount of folk that seem to think they know better than anyone actually playing/managing.

Agreed, the abuse in the Cooper is simply an embarrassment.

Most of which is mainly directed at PQ, he hasn't even received the pass and there must be half a dozen people in the surrounding area, already on his back, hurling abuse and almost willing him to misplace his pass or be unable to control the pass.

I mean Quinn's shot in the last few seconds against Falkirk he picked up the ball, then bang on cue "don't you fuckin shoot ya useless c*nt" which was followed by a "Ohhhh, unlucky son" - an absolute joke. Encouragement to the team and certain players is just non-existant. Extremely frustrating to hear and sit around, just no positivity.

I sit in the Cooper and i've noticed a new thing in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Whereas folk used to scream and bawl at the players everytime they made a mistake, now it seems they will unload a torrent of abuse if a player does something different from what they thought he should have...even if it's not a mistake!! It really is getting beyond a joke as far as the amount of folk that seem to think they know better than anyone actually playing/managing.

You're right, it never used to be as bad as it is now. I totally think you're entitled to say your bit when you pay your cash but only if you actually have a point. Some folk are just being abusive for no reason and if I hated the way we played/the players/the tactics as much as some apparently do I would just stay at home.