Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock 02/02/2011

David

It may seem strange after being knocked out of the cup at the semi-final stage on Sunday, but I'm far more optimistic than I was before the game.

I know Killie are doing quite well at the moment, but I fancy us to take at least a point from this game, with three being a good bet.

Anyone want to see changes to the team that started the game against Rangers? I guess there's the possibility of Jones coming in from the start on Wednesday, but I'd rather see the same team start the game as did on Sunday.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main concern, apart from Killie's good form, is that the games turns out to be a bit like 'after the Lord Mayor's show' as far as Motherwell are concerned. After putting in a great shift on Sunday in a prestigeous game, I just worry about the fitness and spirit amongst the players.

Hopefully my fears are unfounded, but I wouldn't be surprised if we made a couple of changes. If we have a new face in the squad the you'd expect him to feature, along possibly with Gunning. However I also think McCall might hold off from too many alterations until the Stranraer cup tie, where we are more likely to get away with doing that.

If Sammon goes then it certainly increases our chances, although Eremenko (available for this game before serving the rest of his ban), Taouil and Kelly will provide enough of a threat to us. It should be close but I think we'll pinch it 2-1.

Is Eremenko no back?

Not much scope for change but I imagine McCall may be forced into a couple of changes as there will be a few heavy legs after Sunday.

Hope we stick with the 3 man midfield but a vast improvement is required from Humphrey and Murphy in terms of supporting Sutton.

They do there work making space, and dragging defenders out wide...IE they often double up on Murphy and Humphrey, that creates space in the middle for Lasley and Jennings to exploit, hence the Man of the Match award going to Jennoe. He was given all the space in the world to work with, because Rangers were worried about the pace of both Humphrey and Murphy, that is not taking anything away from Jennoe as he was outstanding as was Lasley.

Think of the bigger picture, it is seldom that your wingers get man of the match awards without the midfield being a close shout for the award, normally its one or the other never really close between wingers and playmakers... Either or... not normally both in the hat.

Murphy and Humphrey might not of been the star performers Sunday, but ill tell you what there work rate and the ability to drag the defence wide was perfect for the game plan Sunday.

Hence a tight game, if you create the space the chances will follow.

Looking forward to the game.

Eremenko is back for this one and will be straight back into the team.

Sammon signed for Wigan today and i think Miguel will play at top, although http://www.evertonfc.com/player-profile/kieran-agard/ was signed on loan today and could start.

Wee Mehdi has been on form and was unreal on saturday when we were robbed at Hamilton.

21 league games in a row we've scored, hopefully keep it going on wednesday.

Bryson should be back in contention.

My main concern, apart from Killie's good form, is that the games turns out to be a bit like 'after the Lord Mayor's show' as far as Motherwell are concerned. After putting in a great shift on Sunday in a prestigeous game, I just worry about the fitness and spirit amongst the players.

This is my worry too.

I fear another defeat. This feeling isn't helped by the fact, as far as I can remember, we have lost every game we've played immediately after a semi final!!

I'd drop Craigan and move Saunders into central defence with Hutch. Hateley in at right back.

Jones back on the left of midfield

Randolpph

Hateley

Hammell

Saunders

Hutchison

Humphrey

Jennings

Lasley

Jones

Murphy

Sutton

i'd be very happy with that team, although I cant see it happening

i'd also like to try and find a place for Page............but where?what about Gunning?

St Johnstone looking good for the 3 points against Accies. This will see us drop to 8th. Our next two league games are at Ibrox and Pittodrie. A win tomorrow night is crucial or we could soon see ourselves not even being seeded for the League Cup next season.

dropping like a stone now, a win tomorrow is a must, cause Rangers will most likely hammer us next week in the league and id put money on aberdeen beating us just cause that old decrepid c**t is manager and they have Blackman who is a stick on to score

was actually a little confident for tomorrow seeing theyve sold Sammon but with that bawbag O`Reilly in charge its up in the air again, I hope the prick rips his hammy in the warm up or something