Mfc Supporters Advisory Committee

MFC Supporters Advisory

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the statement contradicts itself. It states that the Commitee is made of a range of ages which does not seem to be the point. The majority of the people I travel to the 'Well games with range from late teens to late twenties and not one person in that group looks under 30. The younger generation of fans always get ignored and this seems to be highlighted by the photo on the official website.

I hope this is a step forward for the club but I am sad to say I think it is a step backwards from the MST.

Absolute bollocks. It's a sideways step, It will accomplish the square root of sod all.

You are probably right with those words of wisdom, but lets give them a chance. If it turns out to be a waste of time scrap the whole idea. Got to admit though I do know a couple of the guys who volenteered for this and they are diehard Motherwell season ticket holders and really decent guys but then I would say that because I know them. Let them know your thoughts/ideas the e-mail address is on the statement.

You are probably right with those words of wisdom, but lets give them a chance. If it turns out to be a waste of time scrap the whole idea. Got to admit though I do know a couple of the guys who volenteered for this and they are diehard Motherwell season ticket holders and really decent guys but then I would say that because I know them. Let them know your thoughts/ideas the e-mail address is on the statement.

I dont have a problem with the guys and girls on the committee, it's the committee itself. Where's the need for it? We already have a Trust that has a forum with the club and through which any ideas, thoughts, complaints, or suggestions can be channelled.

Call me an old cynic if you like but the problem with the Trust may have been it's independence. Whether that's true or not I don't know but the fact that the club has seen fit to set up it's own group says a lot. It certainly seems to weaken the Trust ever so slightly. I mean a boot in the bawsack weakens the best of us does it not.

In my opinion anyone who volunteers for a committee should be barred from ever sitting on one.

I dont have a problem with the guys and girls on the committee, it's the committee itself. Where's the need for it? We already have a Trust that has a forum with the club and through which any ideas, thoughts, complaints, or suggestions can be channelled.

Call me an old cynic if you like but the problem with the Trust may have been it's independence. Whether that's true or not I don't know but the fact that the club has seen fit to set up it's own group says a lot. It certainly seems to weaken the Trust ever so slightly. I mean a boot in the bawsack weakens the best of us does it not.

In my opinion anyone who volunteers for a committee should be barred from ever sitting on one.

I used to be a member of the trust because I was so worried about our club and what John Boyle had done. A lot of us thought it was fantastic that he was going to make us the third force in scottish football. When it went bellie up the trust was set up so one day someone with the best interests of the club and supporters could be on the board. Things have changed since those administration days and I started to trust John Boyle again. So I no longer feel there is a need to have the trust push for having a member on the board so I am no longer a member.The way the club is being run at the moment is far better than it used to be, not perfect but better. If this group manage to acheive even a small improvement to the service and communication from the club then let them have a go. If they acheive nothing I will be the first one asking them to give it up but on the same token if the people at the club are running things well enough why should there be any need for the trust wanting involvement in the board room. The trust has done some great work with their fund raising, this group may be able to add to that.

In all honesty, a supporter on the board isn't necessarily the be all and end all. As we can see from the Dundee situation...

I asked earlier on, but why does this change anything in particular for the trust? I'm not having a go or anything, but just wondering. Surely the trust only becomes useless if people that run it stop caring?

I've never been a member of the Trust and very likely never will, and my main bug bear was their stated intention to seek a seat on the board.

I believe the Trust should be working closely alongside the club but it should maintain it's independence. Once on the board it is no longer a Supporters Trust it merely becomes just another part of the club.

The SAC is by the club and for the club, the fact that it has the word Supporter in it's title should fool no-one. It is inside the tent pissing out, for want of a better phrase.

I never thought I'd say this, but I think the average Motherwell fan will be better served by the Trust rather than the SAC.

Frankly, I wouldn't give the SAC the time of day.

I've never been a member of the Trust and very likely never will, and my main bug bear was their stated intention to seek a seat on the board.

I believe the Trust should be working closely alongside the club but it should maintain it's independence. Once on the board it is no longer a Supporters Trust it merely becomes just another part of the club.

The SAC is by the club and for the club, the fact that it has the word Supporter in it's title should fool no-one. It is inside the tent pissing out, for want of a better phrase.

I never thought I'd say this, but I think the average Motherwell fan will be better served by the Trust rather than the SAC.

Frankly, I wouldn't give the SAC the time of day.

I am sorry that is how you feel. The two guy's I know that are involved have given a lot of their spare time to the Motherwell cause and this group. I am willing to wait and see wait they can bring.

I hope they can acheive something positive because all I hear about Motherwell at the moment is all negative bull manure. Mon the Well!

I am sorry that is how you feel. The two guy's I know that are involved have given a lot of their spare time to the Motherwell cause and this group. I am willing to wait and see wait they can bring.

I hope they can acheive something positive because all I hear about Motherwell at the moment is all negative bull manure. Mon the Well!

Like what? What do you expect them to acheive? Will they get the bogs fixed in the East Stand? Will they get the paint scraped off the steps in the East Stand? Will they get the price of pies reduced? Will they get the water in the bovril turned down to slightly cooler than scalding?

I mean as far as I am aware virtually every problem in and around Fir Park has been passed to the club through the offices of the Trust. I'm sure someone can correct me on that, but I'm also aware that some of these problems still exist. The clubs answer appears to be the setting up of another committee.

The SAC will acheive what the club allows it to acheive, nothing more and nothing less. Your pals will get their picture in the website, the programme, and possibly the Wishaw Press, if there's a prize to be picked up or a contract to be awarded. This is a PR excercise nothing else.

As I said earlier it must be galling for the guys in the Trust.

Like what? What do you expect them to acheive? Will they get the bogs fixed in the East Stand? Will they get the paint scraped off the steps in the East Stand? Will they get the price of pies reduced? Will they get the water in the bovril turned down to slightly cooler than scalding?

I mean as far as I am aware virtually every problem in and around Fir Park has been passed to the club through the offices of the Trust. I'm sure someone can correct me on that, but I'm also aware that some of these problems still exist. The clubs answer appears to be the setting up of another committee.

The SAC will acheive what the club allows it to acheive, nothing more and nothing less. Your pals will get their picture in the website, the programme, and possibly the Wishaw Press, if there's a prize to be picked up or a contract to be awarded. This is a PR excercise nothing else.

As I said earlier it must be galling for the guys in the Trust.

Why must it be galling for the guys on the trust? Everyone that was interested to meet with Leeann to form this group was asked to put their names forward. If they didn't do that then it ain't anyones fault but their own. I can't comment too much because I don't know enough about what the trusts aims are. I thought it was to get a seat on the board?

Everyone has an opinion, who knows what is right what is wrong. You never know this might just be what the trust needs to re-invigorate itself. The trust have known about this group right from the start!

It could well be a PR exercise. If it is positive PR I say carry on. If it means lottery funding I say go for it. If they can't acheive anything I say scrap it but let us all be good enough to let them give it a go.

I think the statement contradicts itself. It states that the Commitee is made of a range of ages which does not seem to be the point. The majority of the people I travel to the 'Well games with range from late teens to late twenties and not one person in that group looks under 30. The younger generation of fans always get ignored and this seems to be highlighted by the photo on the official website.

I hope this is a step forward for the club but I am sad to say I think it is a step backwards from the MST.

And vocal enough at a recent supporters 'function' where commitee membership (fair to say views speaking on behalf of the rest?) shared the clubs' viewpoint to the alleged antics of those in the South east corner of the ground. Expect more of the same shabby treatment of customers...

Death knell for the Trust if truth be told :lol:

And vocal enough at a recent supporters 'function' where commitee membership (fair to say views speaking on behalf of the rest?) shared the clubs' viewpoint to the alleged antics of those in the South east corner of the ground. Expect more of the same shabby treatment of customers...

Care to elaborate, little bit cryptic and not everyone reading your post would have been at the function.

Care to elaborate, little bit cryptic and not everyone reading your post would have been at the function.

Nothing cryptic at all. Leanne Dempster fielded a question from the floor about the 'bullying of the kids by stewardship at the far end of the East Stand' and a member of the newly formed committee offered dissenting voice in a claim that supported Ms Dempsters' stance.

Unsure of the views held by other members of the committee, I'd wager they would share a similar outlook. Suggests to me, any approach by those involved seeking discussion with the supporters' voice would be met with disdain. No?

If I was a cynic, your request to elaborate gives rise to membership of this committee? Not too sure what Mr '+1' posted for. Thirst for knowledge? Get the post count up? I'm sure he posted previous that he was in attendance too...

Thirst for knowledge? Overly dramatic on the wording but on the right track.

Post count up? Not interested in the slightest. Proves and means little. I enjoy the forum for healthy discussion about Motherwell FC and other subjects.......although this does appear to be happening less and less.

In attendance? I was indeed, Onthefringes. Good night. I fair enjoyed it. Credit to the MST for putting that and the 'League Reconstruction' night on. Enjoyed that one too.

If I'm honest I can't recall the exchange you allude too. Far too many questions and subjects raised over those two nights.

The majority of the people I travel to the 'Well games with range from late teens to late twenties and not one person in that group looks under 30. The younger generation of fans always get ignored and this seems to be highlighted by the photo on the official website.

Agree that you do want a spread of ages, including younger fans, but if I recall rightly the club asked for volunteers. To my knowledge no-one was rejected (does anyone know any different?). If thats the case it implies that no younger folk volunteered.

Nothing cryptic at all. Leanne Dempster fielded a question from the floor about the 'bullying of the kids by stewardship at the far end of the East Stand' and a member of the newly formed committee offered dissenting voice in a claim that supported Ms Dempsters' stance.

Unsure of the views held by other members of the committee, I'd wager they would share a similar outlook. Suggests to me, any approach by those involved seeking discussion with the supporters' voice would be met with disdain. No?

If I was a cynic, your request to elaborate gives rise to membership of this committee? Not too sure what Mr '+1' posted for. Thirst for knowledge? Get the post count up? I'm sure he posted previous that he was in attendance too...

I suspect they weren't being cynical, more looking for confirmation or clarification perhaps before chucking in an opinion on the specific point. When you used 'function' first time around I didn't know what you were referring to either.

Jim Frame for example is the only name I can put to a face on the list of folk. Could have put two and two together come up with five and believed it to be a Supporters Association function you were referring to.

By elaborating that Leeann Dempster took and answered a questions that makes it a bit more likely to conclude it was the open meeting a couple of Monday's back or the Trust one before Christmas.

Either way it will be disappointing if the committee hold a critical rather than supportive view of the 'Wellboys aims of boosting atmosphere at our games.

Agree that you do want a spread of ages, including younger fans, but if I recall rightly the club asked for volunteers. To my knowledge no-one was rejected (does anyone know any different?). If thats the case it implies that no younger folk volunteered.

Are you serious? Everybody that volunteered got a seat on the committee?

I hope that's not true, I really hope that's not true.