Stranraer Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

changed my mind about going to the game a few days ago due to the poor weather and being in the middle of a very busy week at work

OK the weather has improved but this monring I just couldn't face the long drive there and back so it's the warm armchair with a few beers closely followed by more beer and the some whisky while I watch the rugby

Motherwell to win 4-0

Scotland to lose but at least score a try

Randolph,

Saunders, Craigan, Hutchison, Gunning

Humphrey, Jennings, Hateley, Jones

Sutton, Casagolda

Fancy us giving them a good thumping this weekend 4-0 well.

Would agree with that and hopefully the goal machine can get his first and help settle him so we can see what he can really do - if anything!!

If the strikers cant do some damage today then we are fecked for the league!!

I think this is an excellent game to check out the page hutchison in the middle of defence. Give it a go and let crags rest up, he's not getting any younger.

would also like to see murphy rested. McCall though has a selection problem. If he plays jeffers, will casagolda be downheartened by the selection. If he plays jeffers he gives him a run out and one game fitter. Sutton up front is a given taking into account the conditions, will be interesting to see what he does. could it even be 3 up front?

If the ground is heavy will we think about resting crucial players in the midfield? Play some of the youngsters?

Think he will go with lasley and jennings in central mid , but change to forbes in the second half. with jones and flash on the wings.

Sutton up front with jeffers for the first half with casa coming on in the 60th.

2-0 well

Edit oops seemingly jeffers doesn't have clearance

Hopefully our lads are doing us proud, breaking a few mini-h*n skulls before settling down to watch the mighty 'Well tear Stranraer apart.

I see that Casagolda has been dropped. That's not a good sign. I felt he could have done with a game such as this to get a goal or two hopefully.

Motherwell XI: Randolph, Saunders, Craigan, Hateley, Humphrey, Jennings, Sutton, Lasley, Jones, Hutchinson, Gunning

The new guy Gunning at left back? While its good for the new guy to get a run out even if it isn't his normal position, does this mean Jonathan Page is out of favour with McCall? Page always looked promising and he played well at left back on the odd occasion he played in place of Hammell. Not as good going forward perhaps but stronger, and good in defence.

really disappointed in the reports from the surrounding steets. FFS it is stranraer , do they not get out or something.

On another note is humphrey, jennings lasley and hately the midfield for this game when we should be expecting to have to break down the opposition. Seems to be out of balance as well if jones is behind sutton, take it hately will be on the left.

only time will tell but I was hoping we could play players where they feel most comfortable. I.e jones on left with casa murphy up front to hopefully get some confidence and get a few goals.

As I say time will tell.