• O'Brien
    • Hughes
    • Klimpl
    • Fitzpatrick
    • Porter
    • Clarkson
    • Lasley (sub)
    • Murphy (sub)

I'm interested to see who everyone thinks deserves the man of the match against Falkirk. Jim O'Brien seems to have polarised opinion yet again, as does Marc Reynolds with some calling for him to be dropped.

I personally though O'Brien was by far our most creative player and looked like the most likely to make something happen. Some of his distribution was poor but for the most part he was getting into good positions and playing good passes.

However, I think Klimpl gets my vote by a nose. In a game where Falkirk were intent on kicking us off the park, I thought Klimpl put himself about well and really gave us some much needed bite in the midfield as well as having a creative influence. He's really looking more and more like the player Bob Malcolm should have been. ;)

Agree with most of the posts so far Hammell Craigan and Clarky were all very valuable players on Saturday but Maros get the vote from me.

and its not all about his blood n guts approach he's confident to make challenges with both feet he confident to lay the ball off with both feet, he's got a gritty determination to be a winner and he'll back the anyone in the whole team no best friend syndrome.

As you said O'Brien polarises opinion and for me despite showing he has obvious talent and is now putting in miles more effort he's still not quite the team player (might not be his doing?) and far too often there is no end product but he is far more worthy of a starting place than anyone else from the pool.

Boring, but another vote for Klimpl, doing great in the holding role, bite, tackling, passing accuracy, comfort on the ball, stamina and the vital 'slight nutter' quality.

Just shades it from Hammell who I thought had a great game, maybe a bit more space out wide given the Bairns back 3, but he must have hit the byline in double figure amounts (Step-who?) and put in some quality balls including the cross for Clarkys goal.

Klimpl had a great game. O'Brien played really well too. However I can't believe only one vote for Chris Porter. :lol: Anyway, I made him my man of the match. Yes, I know he missed a couple of really good chances, but I thought he led the line really well and was behind nearly all of the good things in our attacks.