The Francis Jeffers Thread

ian8

Just announced on Radio Scotland that Francis Jeffers has signed subject to international clearance, not eligible for tomorrow but I think he will be a good signing, remember he has played at the top level and if he has the desire he could be just what we need.

There's one thing i hate about this forum. I hate the fact that any new signings is put in that ins & out forum that's 7million pages . Why is that?

<_ every new signing or any talk of players coming going deserves its own thread.>

There's one thing i hate about this forum. I hate the fact that any new signings is put in that ins & out forum that's 7million pages . Why is that?

<_ every new signing or any talk of players coming going deserves its own thread.>

Aye good shout there Dai, that way we'd have another 30 threads listing everyone we've trialled this season, another 30 who we've been rumoured with and 10 or so on the signings.

Personally I hit "Last Post by" and scroll back to where I last read anything.

However don't let common sense get in the way of a goal old moan for the sake of moaning.

I've missed most of the chat on this, where are we collectively as Motherwell fans now? As far as I can gather we've now moved on from "McCall must go cos he didnae bring in a striker" to "McCall must go cos he didnae bring in a striker we like".

Is that about the jist of things?

I've missed most of the chat on this, where are we collectively as Motherwell fans now? As far as I can gather we've now moved on from "McCall must go cos he didnae bring in a striker" to "McCall must go cos he didnae bring in a striker we like".

Exactly the jist.

Pretty much.

You never know how its going to pan out until he plays for us.

He could be sensational or be a bombscare.

Wouldn't be the first time an ambiguous signing did the job for us.

Only the other week folk were slating the signing of Jones.

:lol:

Rather than be nagative, lets for a change welcome a signing, and sit back and wait to see how he plays. You just never know, he might just take his last chance.

That is what will happen - most Motherwell fans will give him a chance. Good luck to him.

Thankfully the the majority of this board is not that representative of the majority of the support on match day!

That is what will happen - most Motherwell fans will give him a chance. Good luck to him.

Thankfully the the majority of this board is not that representative of the majority of the support on match day!

Aye! It's normally all singing and dancing on a matchday.....

I really don't know what folk were expecting - with a budget of virtually heehaw (including wages) i'm surprised he managed to get anyone. Frankly, Jeffers was absolutely ghanting at ibrox a few years ago but to be honest right now beggers canny really be choosers. The exact same point i made about Rangers with Diouf, im sure they would have prefered someone else but to be honest SOMEONE is probably better than NOONE.

Yes Jeffers is getting on a bit in his career(or so it seems) but he is still only 30 and will hopefully be able to do one last wee turn for a few months and score a few goals - something motherwell have been lacking a bit lately as we all very well know.

Gotta give him a chance, i don't really understand some of the negativity around mccall and MFC just now. Things were going well under Craig and Archie granted but they left and along with them so did the best players available to the club. Replacing them on a wage budget was never going to be easy - look at Killy,they've lost their top scorer so watch them start to struggle. Hibs will continue to get beaten, Aberdeen won't be turned round they are still dreadful after the first few good results and Dundee united are there to be beaten on any given day.

Motherwell,at full pelt are not a million miles away and top 6 is more than reachable at this stage, noone is great shakes and every team outside possibly Celtic right now are there to be beaten both at home and away so points can be picked up.

Just keep a bit of faith over the next few months and see what happens i really don't think it's as much doom and gloom as some folk are painting the picture to be.

Of course i could be completely wrong but heyho ..................

Personally I hit "Last Post by" and scroll back to where I last read anything.

If you click the wee orange box next to the thread title, it should take you to the first unread post in the thread. Saves all that scrolling back carry-on.

EDIT: Oh aye, Jeffers. Could take it or leave it, content to wait and see how he pans out.

Hmm, so was McCall fibbing when he said all this earlier today...?
Not Really.

What did he say? -

He hadn't spoken to him yet?

Quite possibly the board are doing all that work.

“I’ll be honest; my brother-in-law down south has texted me about a hundred names lately, and it was Francis Jeffers last night "

Nothing wrong with that.

"I don’t know where the story's come from."

He probably doesn't know who told the press the story. so again. Nothing wrong with that

He has obviously been playing his cards close to his chest, using specific carefully chosen words to reply with, but I don't see any out and out lies in there.