The Francis Jeffers Thread

ian8

Can I ask how many posters on here have seen Francis Jeffers actually play, as opposed to watching him on the telly. Just curious.

Do you really want my honest opinion?

PISHFLAPS!!!

That was being very generous to the dumbo-eared Scouse charlatan.

Was decent when he was 20, but my brother was better at the same age and my bro could keep a beach ball off him in a phone box. The fox in box was put in a box long ago. As I said, Franny Zoom would have been a better shout.

Ok as one of the few people on here who has actually seen him play recently forget the fact he's totally pish he is not match fit. What's the point in signing someone who's not gonna be able to play a full match til the season's nearly over? Oh & yeah again he's pish & anyone who wants to argue this then tell me how many times you have watched him play for Newcastle Jets. This he might be good or he might not be is shite. Right now his current form is pish do you really think a move to Motherwell will suddenly revive a career that's been nosediving for years.

Oh & as for we haven't had many players who have an England cap why don't we just sign Gazza?

Ok as one of the few people on here who has actually seen him play recently forget the fact he's totally pish he is not match fit.

Thats a point in itself. Ability/effectiveness aside, it might take a few weeks or even month or so to get him match fit. It'll depend on when he last played. If we look back to Alan Gow it was a good 4-6 weeks before he was able to play a full game.

Thats a point in itself. Ability/effectiveness aside, it might take a few weeks or even month or so to get him match fit. It'll depend on his when he last played. If we look back to Alan Gow it was a good 4-6 weeks before he was able to play a full game.

That's my concern. I don't think he has been fully fit since he arrived at Arsenal.

Very surprised he was offered a contract prior to a trial.

In saying that I'm happy to give him a chance, if he can some reasonable level of fitness than he will score poacher type goals.

Am affraid it sums it up for me as to where our level of signings is, as much as as iam disappointed i think we just have to accept this is where we are financially. I would doubt it very much if they have pushed the boat out money wise.

Until we see what he is like now, all that can be said is that it is another body in the squad.

When we sign a player we can only go on his track record and recent performances.

The fact that he got sent packing from the Australian league tells me that he's not about to rediscover his form from over ten years ago anytime soon.

His record over the past ten years doesn't make for good reading;

2001-2004 Arsenal - 4 goals in 22 games

2003-2004 Everton (loan) - 0 goals in 18 games

2004-2006 Charlton - 3 goals in 20 games

2005 Rangers (loan) - 0 goals in 8 games

2006-2007 Blackburn - 0 goals in 10 games

2007 Ipswich (loan) - 4 goals in 9 games

2007-2010 Sheffield Wed - 5 goals in 54 games

2010-2011 Newcastle Jets - 1 goal in 9 games

150 games for eight clubs, with 17 goals in the space of ten years.

Due to that goal scoring record i struggle to actually think how people could be positive about this signing. He could of scored 5 goals in 150 games and folk would still be saying 'Aww gie the boy a chance, never know how he will turn out' 'I will only judge him in a well top.' What is actually so bad about judging a player before he comes to a club? I belive that is the whole just of scouting...I would much rather give youth players a good run out in the first team instead of spending money on this guy.

Newcastle United Jets

After unsuccessful trials at both Blackpool and Everton, Jeffers agreed to trial with Australian A-League side Newcastle Jets. On 29 October 2010, he signed a 10-match guest contract with the club.[17] He made his debut for the club on 13 November 2010, helping Newcastle to a 3–1 victory over Adelaide United. Jeffers delivered the killer blow, setting up striker Marko Ješić for Newcastle's third goal of the match with a curling, defence-splitting through ball in the 52nd minute.

He scored his first goal on 8 December 2010 against the Melbourne Heart. He then provided an assist as he played a fantastic through ball to Marko Ješić for Newcastle's second. Although Newcastle and Jeffers were both keen on extending his contract, they failed to come to an agreement and Jeffers left the club after making a positive impact.

make of that what you will

Sorry for being negative, but I'll go with the hard facts & figures rather than a write-up from Wikipedia.

As others have mentioned, when he pulls on that Motherwell shirt he'll get my full support, and I really hope he comes in and does a job for us.

At the moment though, I'm not impressed.

Terry Butcher got sent packing from the Australian league. does that mean he is a bad manager?

Look mate, I appreciate your optimism, but the guys record speaks for itself.

As I said earlier, if it were someone with even a half decent record then I'd be looking on the bright side. But that's not the case.

He's not going to come cheap either.

Look mate, I appreciate your optimism, but the guys record speaks for itself.

As I said earlier, if it were someone with even a half decent record then I'd be looking on the bright side. But that's not the case.

He's not going to come cheap either.

If he wasn't coming cheap he'd be nowhere near Fir Park.