The Francis Jeffers Thread

ian8

Im quite happy to be honest. On the park he's obviously got talent and an eye for goal in there somewhere...just a case of can it be brought out. Off the field, we very rerely get the chance to have a "celebrity" player...and while I know a lot of our more, erm...experienced fans...might not like that, it's certainly a chance to raise the footballing profile of the club, which im always in favour of.

Well said Al, well fucking said.

We are scraping the barrel for goals at the moment and have to take a punt. This is a decent punt. You don't move to Arsenal for £8,000,000 if you don't have talent, yes his career didn't work out too well but when have we ever signed a player as high profile, who has cost so much in his career and has been capped for England?

A great chance for both parties.

Well said Al, well fucking said.

We are scraping the barrel for goals at the moment and have to take a punt. This is a decent punt. You don't move to Arsenal for £8,000,000 if you don't have talent, yes his career didn't work out too well but when have we ever signed a player as high profile, who has cost so much in his career and has been capped for England?

A great chance for both parties.

Between them Sutton and Murphy have scored as many goals this season as Jeffers has in the past 10 years.

Yes we're scraping the barrel alright.

Between them Sutton and Murphy have scored as many goals this season as Jeffers has in the past 10 years.

Yes we're scraping the barrel alright.

I can understand the pessimism regarding the appointment of McCall and the signing of Jeffers, as I was one of the vocal ones when Jeffers name came up as a possible target, but now that he's actually at the club he has my 100% support. I would love nothing better than to read my posts in this thread at the end of this season and laugh at myself.

However, it appears to me that you seem to be hellbent on knocking everything that MCall does. I'm not sure why that's the case, as it makes absolutely no sense and doesn't do anyone any good at all.

Why not just get behind the manager and the team?

I thought he was half decent when he came on yesterday. He was making space, he was actually running at Rangers and he didn't seem to be scared, unlike the rest of our team. The only negative was that he couldn't stay on his feet, at this stage I'll give him a pass and suggest he was using the wrong studs for the surface.

I can understand the pessimism regarding the appointment of McCall and the signing of Jeffers, as I was one of the vocal ones when Jeffers name came up as a possible target, but now that he's actually at the club he has my 100% support. I would love nothing better than to read my posts in this thread at the end of this season and laugh at myself.

However, it appears to me that you seem to be hellbent on knocking everything that MCall does. I'm not sure why that's the case, as it makes absolutely no sense and doesn't do anyone any good at all.

Why not just get behind the manager and the team?

Because he's a c**t.

The Lip will be fucking beeling :lol:

There'll be a few folk not knowing whether to be happy or beiling tonight. I mean Jeffers proves not to be a total dud and McCall produces the great result our recent play has merited (excluding Ibrox). Confusing times for some...

There'll be a few folk not knowing whether to be happy or beiling tonight. I mean Jeffers proves not to be a total dud and McCall produces the great result our recent play has merited (excluding Ibrox). Confusing times for some...

I totally agree but if any lesson needs to be learned by some people on this site it is simply not to judge a book by its cover and make your own mind up :lol: By the way " Get it up your chocolate whizzway Mr Brown" :lol::lol: