Rangers Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

After the romance of the Scottish Cup, it's back to league business on Saturday against Rangers.

With Aberdeen away to St Johnstone, anything but a St Johnstone win would suit me just fine, as I doubt we'll get anything from Ibrox.

If Aberdeen pull off a win here though, then they go into the game with us at Pittodrie looking for a win to jump above us into 8th, which will see us slide into 9th.

Does anyone see us taking something from the game at Ibrox? And what do we think the line-up will be?

It doesn't look as though Casagolda is going to get the run in the team that he really needs, so the forward line will come down to the Jeffers factor. If he has signed up and is ready to play, who does he replace if he starts?

I have a feeling it'll be Murphy that gets dropped, which is a terrible move in my opinion. The young lad is starting to get some games under his belt, and needs time to improve. I'm not a fan of Jeffers signing for the club, and definately don't want to see him replace one of our most promising youngsters.

Unless he plays and scores at Ibrox to nick us a point, in which case he'll be a hero and a masterstroke pulled off by McCall :mellow:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the romance of the Scottish Cup, it's back to league business on Saturday against Rangers.

With Aberdeen away to St Johnstone, anything but a St Johnstone win would suit me just fine, as I doubt we'll get anything from Ibrox.

If Aberdeen pull off a win here though, then they go into the game with us at Pittodrie looking for a win to jump above us into 8th, which will see us slide into 9th.

Does anyone see us taking something from the game at Ibrox? And what do we think the line-up will be?

It doesn't look as though Casagolda is going to get the run in the team that he really needs, so the forward line will come down to the Jeffers factor. If he has signed up and is ready to play, who does he replace if he starts?

I have a feeling it'll be Murphy that gets dropped, which is a terrible move in my opinion. The young lad is starting to get some games under his belt, and needs time to improve. I'm not a fan of Jeffers signing for the club, and definately don't want to see him replace one of our most promising youngsters.

Unless he plays and scores at Ibrox to nick us a point, in which case he'll be a hero and a masterstroke pulled off by McCall ;)

Personally I'd rather Casagolda got a run to the airport, But on to the game they haven't looked too special of late so pehaps we can get something from this. Can't quite put my finger on it but Murphy hasn't quite looked right the past few games so maybe a spell on the banch wouldn't be such a bad thing, as you say he's a young lad and he's carrying the burden of a fair bit of expectation.

Not sure about the whole Jeffers thing assuming of course he actually gets clearance and signs, guess we have to wait and see.

Murphy is in danger of burnout,the next 2 league games are perfect to give him a breather and take the pressure off him. Id go wi Sutton up top on his own again in a copy of the cup semi lineup,just swap Jones + Murphy (+ obv the injured players, Saunders,Hammy + Las?) Id play Page in the engine room and make him man mark Weiss cause that wee chunt always rips us apart. My team would be (for Rangers + Aberdeen) -

(4-5-1)

Randolph

Hateley,Hutchinson,Craigan,Gunning

Humphrey,Page,Jennings,Forbes,Jones

Sutton

Jeffers + Murphy as impact subs

It's Aboriginal for fuck me i must be pished :)

<_>

i'd go with shaka's team although i'd stick jeffers in for sutton.give him a chance to get his fitness up in a game where he's no gonnae get stick from the fans and isn't under much pressure.

can't see anything other than a fairly heavy defeat, 3-0 rangers.

We are destined never to beat rangers, its been 8 years and counting. As much as i would love us to win on Saturday i cant see it happening, we dont have the firepower up front to trouble the rangers defence, as bad as it is.

If Jeffers plays he might offer something different but if not, we will struggle and turn in the usual close but not quite good enough performance.

Personally I'd rather Casagolda got a run to the airport, <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_smile3.gif" alt=":)">:lol:

Beginning to go down that line of thinking myself on what i've seen of him.Anyway, going more in hope than expectation.Cannae bear the thought of missing a rare well victory after watching so much pish here so will be cheering the Well on B-)

I agree Murphy should start match on the bench, along with Jeffers. I'd start with Jones on the left wing and Casagolda up front with Sutton. I hope Las is back to partner Jenno in the middle of the park. If Page has to come in to cover defence, I think he'll do OK.Like the Hampden match, the best way to play Rangers is to have a go at them. I think Rangers are weaker without McCulloch slugging it out in midfield.

I can't see Jeffers starting to be honest, and if Lasley and Hammell are unavailable through injury then Murphy will have to start. Remember we are already without the suspended Saunders.

I would partner Hateley and Jennings in a holding central midfield, and allow Humphrey, Murphy and Jones to do the running to support Sutton up front. This being the case I'd have Page at right back and Gunning at left back, assuming Craigan avoids injury for Northern Ireland of course!

So, here is my team:

Randolph

Page

Hutchinson

Craigan

Gunning

Hateley

Jennings

Humphrey

Murphy

Jones

Sutton

If we get anything positive from this game it'll be frankly amazing, given our record against them. However the League Cup Semi should raise our confidence enough to suggest we could give them a game. I'd be much happier if Lasley is available, and if he is we can pinch a point.

If not, it will be very tough indeed.

Think a 4-4-2 is the way to get at them. Jones on the left and humphrey on the right. Go with casa and sutton up front and swap casa for jeffers 60 odd in.

Get page at right back and leave jennings and hately in centre mid.

gunning at left back (give hammy a rest and meke sure he recovers well from injury.

2-0 well. we are due it. the gers will be exhausted from sunday still with there war of words in the papers